Author Topic: Trump Rips Rubio-Backer Trey Gowdy: 'Failed Miserably on Benghazi'  (Read 1537 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=707276

Newsmax
Trump Rips Rubio-Backer Trey Gowdy: 'Failed Miserably on Benghazi'
Monday, December 28, 2015 08:16 AM

By: REUTERS

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump assailed a leading committee chairman in Congress on Sunday for backing Marco Rubio, Trump's rival for the party's nomination.

Trump, the front-runner in the Republican race, needled Trey Gowdy for his role as chairman of the House of Representatives select committee investigating the 2012 attack in Benghazi, Libya, in which four Americans were killed.

In October, Hillary Clinton, 68, front-runner for the Democratic nomination, calmly deflected committee criticism of her handling of the attack while she was President Barack Obama's secretary of state.

"In total (the committee) was not good for Republicans and the country. I mean beyond Republicans, it was bad for the country. I hope he does a whole lot better for Marco," Trump, 69, said of Gowdy on Fox News' "Fox and Friends."

The conservative news site Townhall reported Gowdy's planned endorsement, and an email from the Rubio campaign confirmed that Gowdy, a South Carolina Republican, would travel with Rubio, 44, on the campaign trail on Tuesday and Wednesday.

"Marco is a rock solid conservative and a strong leader we can trust. I look forward to campaigning in Iowa with him, and introducing my good friend to voters across the state," Gowdy said in a statement.

A billionaire businessman and former reality TV star, Trump further needled Gowdy online, retweeting a number of messages critical of Gowdy and the committee.

"Face it, Trey Gowdy failed miserably on Benghazi. He allowed it to drag out and in the end, let Hillary get away with murder," one user wrote.

Despite Trump's critique, a Gowdy endorsement could boost Rubio, a U.S. senator from Florida who trails Trump in most national opinion polls but has been on the rise ahead of the first contest for the nomination, scheduled for Iowa on Feb. 1.

Rubio pulls 8.5 percent Republican support behind Trump's 39.3 percent, Ted Cruz's 12.8 percent and Ben Carson's 9.6 percent in a national rolling five-day Reuters/Ipsos survey issued on Dec. 24.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

Re: Trump Rips Rubio-Backer Trey Gowdy: 'Failed Miserably on Benghazi'
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 02:39:02 pm »
Trump knows as well as I do, that Gowdy did exactly as he was commanded. It was a resounding success as far as the donor class is concerned, and Mr. Gowdy will never have to worry about money for the rest of his days.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 03:13:24 pm »
As I said from the beginning the Benghazi investigation was never going to go anywhere because there are to many asses hanging out on BOTH sides of the isle.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Longiron

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 04:09:43 pm »
Trump knows as well as I do, that Gowdy did exactly as he was commanded. It was a resounding success as far as the donor class is concerned, and Mr. Gowdy will never have to worry about money for the rest of his days.

NAILED It and like ISSA never gets any RESULTS. But what did one expect from a Politician other than Show TIME. :beer:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 05:24:03 pm »
As I said from the beginning the Benghazi investigation was never going to go anywhere because there are to many asses hanging out on BOTH sides of the isle. 

I was hoping this wasn't the case.  But based on the outcome I was wrong.  You are right.   **nononono*

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 05:26:19 pm »
I was hoping this wasn't the case.  But based on the outcome I was wrong.  You are right.   **nononono*

It definitely does not make me happy to be right in this case!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2015, 05:33:36 pm »
Trey Gowdy was scripted, and very skillfully so as to take painstaking measures NOT to disclose that HILLARY CLINTON FLAT-OUT BROKE FEDERAL LAW by disclosing TOP SECRET national security secrets.

A 4th grader in computer class could understand this was a SELL-OUT.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2015, 05:35:48 pm »

========================================

If you need concrete PROOF that the Republican Party is corrupt beyond repair, look no further than the way Trey Gowdy (mishandled) the Benghazi hearing.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2015, 05:37:11 pm »
Funny, not just a few weeks ago, everyone here (well almost) was cheering Gowdy and he was the darling of Conservatives as the only one actually going after Hillary. Now, he doesn't support :baghead: and he is a RINO failure, scripted puppet of the GOPe, and possibly Kylo Ren himself.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2015, 05:43:04 pm »
Funny, not just a few weeks ago, everyone here (well almost) was cheering Gowdy and he was the darling of Conservatives as the only one actually going after Hillary. Now, he doesn't support :baghead: and he is a RINO failure, scripted puppet of the GOPe, and possibly Kylo Ren himself.

That doesn't apply to me because I told you from the VERY beginning that the Benghazi investigations was going exactly nowhere and why!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2015, 05:51:48 pm »

I don't believe I, at any time, thought Gowdy was anything like a darling - he has always appeared to me to be a "good soldier" who talks like he thinks he needs to in order to keep his district secure.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2015, 06:14:52 pm »
I don't believe I, at any time, thought Gowdy was anything like a darling - he has always appeared to me to be a "good soldier" who talks like he thinks he needs to in order to keep his district secure.

I lost faith in Gowdy some time ago, so he hasn't been my darling on here for awhile.  In fact, at this point, I'm pretty much programmed to lose faith in almost everyone that makes it to Washinton DC.  I pray daily for someone to lead us out of the wilderness.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Relic

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2015, 07:05:12 pm »
I lost faith in Gowdy some time ago, so he hasn't been my darling on here for awhile.  In fact, at this point, I'm pretty much programmed to lose faith in almost everyone that makes it to Washinton DC.  I pray daily for someone to lead us out of the wilderness.

We are on the same page.