Author Topic: I Went Looking for My Birth Parents and Realized My Father Was Famous  (Read 578 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
As Told To Stephanie Booth
Cosmopolitan
November 21, 2015

This article was originally published as "I Found My Dad...Too Late" in the December 2007 issue of Cosmopolitan.

After searching for her birth father, Mariah Mills was shocked to learn his famous identity -- and devastated to find out he'd died.

I've always known I was adopted. My mom and dad explained that although my birth parents really loved me, they hadn't been ready to take care of a baby. I had a happy, "normal" childhood with a loving family, but a huge question mark remained.In Saint Paul, Minnesota, where I grew up, adoptees don't have access to their birth parents' names until they turn 19...

In 2001, during my junior year of high school, the principal announced over the loudspeaker that two planes had crashed into the World Trade Center. Everyone was upset, but I felt a strange, overwhelming sadness deep in my gut that I couldn't explain.

When I got home, I blurted out to my mom that I thought one of my birth parents had died. I'd never had such a strong intuition before. My mom reassured me that the odds of this being true were tiny. But that scary intuition still haunted me...
More

Tom Burnett

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: I Went Looking for My Birth Parents and Realized My Father Was Famous
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 12:20:47 am »
Wow. Her power of "intuition."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln