Author Topic: Rubio goes on record – �There Is No Right to Illegally Immigrate�  (Read 665 times)

rangerrebew

Rubio goes on record – �There Is No Right to Illegally Immigrate�
Rlgrimes 05/01/2015

Senator Marco Rubio is �increasingly optimistic� that he�ll win the 2016 presidential election, but he understands that he�ll have to overcome the conservative frustration with his work on the �Gang of Eight� immigration bill to do so. �You don�t have a right to illegally immigrate here,� the Florida Republican said during a discussion with NR�s Jim Geraghty at the National Review Institute�s Ideas Summit in Washington, D.C. this morning.

Rubio made the statement while discussing changes that he would make to the Gang of Eight bill if he were to take on immigration as president. �And one of the problems I have with the groups out there that are advocating for immigration reform, some of them, is they approach this debate with the argument that they have a right to be here,� he said. �It�s not a right�.�.�.�there is no right to illegally immigrate anywhere in the world.�

Rubio said that President Obama�s executive orders on immigration created a magnet for illegal immigration and exacerbated the border crisis, making it necessary to secure the border and take other steps to prevent illegal immigration. With that accomplished, he supports requiring illegal immigrants who have been in the country for at least 10 years to pay a fine, go through a background check, and learn English.

�And in exchange for all of that, what you would get is the equivalent of a non-immigrant, non-permanent work visa to be in the U.S. and you would have to be in that status for a significant period of time,� Rubio said. �And at some point, if you choose, you could apply for permanent residency, but you�d have to do it through that modernized legal immigration system and you�d have to do it just like everybody else, not a special process or anything of that nature.�

The would-be immigration reformer added that most people who went through such a process pursuant to Ronald Reagan�s 1986 immigration overhaul did not go on to become citizens. Rubio didn�t devote the whole conversation to immigration. After discussing the tax plan that he has written with Senator Mike Lee (R., Utah), and Social Security and Medicare reforms that he feels need to be passed, he also pointed to another crisis in the making.
Related:  South, North Korea meet to defuse war fears
Powered by Inline Related Posts

�In 2016, our disability insurance program goes bankrupt; basically, it will only be able to pay out about 85 percent of what people are entitled to under the law,� he said. �That is a new entitlement crisis that has not been talked about enough that our disability insurance is also on the verge of a cataclysmic problem, and that�s literally a year and a half away.�

Read more at http://universalfreepress.com/2015/rubio-goes-on-record-there-is-no-right-to-illegally-immigrate/

rangerrebew

Re: Rubio goes on record – �There Is No Right to Illegally Immigrate�
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 05:21:10 pm »
So what?  There is no "right" to murder, burn down someone else's home, rape, or rob someone and they happen all the time.  If legislators choose not to close borders to illegals, and judges refuse to enforce laws, and prosecutors's use "discretion" and not charge illegals, "illegal" becomes de facto legal.

HonestJohn

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 05:39:01 pm »
The Universal Free Press isn't a very reputable site, to my knowledge.  Some of it's reports have been debunked on Snopes as completely false.

Example:

http://www.snopes.com/obama-suspends-2nd-amendment/

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 06:05:38 pm »
So what?  There is no "right" to murder, burn down someone else's home, rape, or rob someone and they happen all the time.  If legislators choose not to close borders to illegals, and judges refuse to enforce laws, and prosecutors's use "discretion" and not charge illegals, "illegal" becomes de facto legal.

"Law" is defined by enforcement. If there is no enforcement, then there is no Law. And without law, by definition, nothing is legal or illegal.

For example it is not legal or illegal to walk down the street. It just is. And so, without border enforcement, and without immigration enforcement, crossing the border is neither legal or illegal. It just is. Which of course means that there is no border. It does not exist at all.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 06:05:57 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 07:44:54 pm »
The Universal Free Press isn't a very reputable site, to my knowledge.  Some of it's reports have been debunked on Snopes as completely false.

Example:

http://www.snopes.com/obama-suspends-2nd-amendment/

My understanding of Snopes is it is some man and woman with no particular training using the internet to find the truth.  Not real reputable either.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 01:12:30 am »
My understanding of Snopes is it is some man and woman with no particular training using the internet to find the truth.  Not real reputable either.

Snopes has repeatedly been proven to be worthless when it comes to discovering what is or is not true about anything.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2015, 02:05:54 am »
Snopes needs it's own Snopes to keep track whether it's spouting truth or fiction on a particular subject.

That said, Marco - why haven't you come out with this before, and why did you flop so miserably with the Gang of 8 fiasco?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 02:06:11 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2015, 02:32:01 am »
Snopes has repeatedly been proven to be worthless when it comes to discovering what is or is not true about anything.

Snopes is really good - for technology or science myths and fallacies. Politics and social stuff, meh, they try, but they're not great.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2015, 02:01:42 pm »
Rubio has so many different positions on illegal immigration that he could debate himself for at least four hours.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2015, 05:27:42 pm »
There Is No Right to Illegally Immigrate

Here's the question Marco:  Is there a right to stay if you illegally immigrate?