Author Topic: On Muslims, Democrats find an unlikely ally: George W Bush: Clinton, Obama find an unlikely ally in George W Bush as they counter Republicans on Islam  (Read 781 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Josh Lederman
AP via Yahoo
December 25, 2015

Taunted by Republicans to declare war on "radical Islamic terrorism," Democrats are turning to an unlikely ally: George W. Bush.

President Barack Obama, under pressure to be more aggressive on terrorism, regularly cites his predecessor's refusal to demonize Muslims or play into the notion of a clash between Islam and the West. It's a striking endorsement from a president whose political rise was predicated on opposition to the Iraq war and Bush's hawkish approach in the Middle East.
More

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_ZoroJdVnA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_ZoroJdVnA

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
GWB was never afraid to say the words "Radical Islamic Terror" or "Jihad."
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
GWB was never afraid to say the words "Radical Islamic Terror" or "Jihad."

True, and I like him a lot.

Neal Boortz was one of several talk show hosts who had the privilege of a conference with Dubya. Boortz was not allowed to disclose the exact details of the conference. However, he did say that GWB sincerely believed that Islam was a religion of peace.

I didn't care for Dubya's domestic policies, but his foreign policies were based on the best available information at that time.

Offline raml

George W Bush had four decent not great but decent years as a rino president. His last four were a joke he may as well have not been in the office he did nothing and watched as our country was being over run by illegals. I liked him a as a person but his presidency left something to be desired. No more Bush's advice on anything let that family die off in peace.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

George W Bush had four decent not great but decent years as a rino president. His last four were a joke he may as well have not been in the office he did nothing and watched as our country was being over run by illegals. I liked him a as a person but his presidency left something to be desired. No more Bush's advice on anything let that family die off in peace.

Tough to argue with. 

Offline flowers

:patriot: