Author Topic: NPR in 2011: Geraldine Ferraro was 'schlonged'  (Read 775 times)

Offline Paladin

NPR in 2011: Geraldine Ferraro was 'schlonged'
« on: December 24, 2015, 05:36:01 am »
Yes, that font of all that is good and true (and Liberally biased) did say that, and there is an audio recording which proves it.

"Where was the outrage?

When Donald Trump used the expression “schlonged” to indicate Hillary Clinton was badly defeated at the polls, he was roundly condemned by practically all media, and most television broadcasters went so far as to bleep the word out when running a recording of his use of the term in a speech.

But as even liberal Jeff Greenfield noted in a tweet:

On further review, Trump is right on this. "I got schlonged" is a commonplace NY way of saying: "I lost big time," w/out genital reference.

And in fact, as Dan Riehl noted in a tweet, the Left’s favorite broadcaster, NPR, used the word “schlonged” to describe a devastating election defeat of liberal and feminist icon Geraldine Ferraro, in an obituary following her death in 2011, and there was nary a peep of outrage, much less universal condemnation. And you know that the liberal media all listen to NPR. Host Neal Conan said to guest Chris Cillizza and drew not a peep of condemnation from the prominent WaPo writer:

Sad news to report from this past weekend. Geraldine Ferraro died of blood cancer at the age of 75, the three-term congresswoman from Queens, the first woman to run for vice president of the United States in 1984, the first woman on a major party ticket to do so... And Chris Cillizza, that ticket went on to get schlonged at the polls, but that's a historic moment."

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/12/npr_in_2011_geraldine_ferraro_was_schlonged.html

A 27 second audio recording of this momentous even can be heard at the link.

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: NPR in 2011: Geraldine Ferraro was 'schlonged'
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 05:56:03 am »
Well, it just goes to show that in politics all outrage is purely subjective.

Honestly, what has outraged me the most in politics this year (and this is a tough call given all the things Obama has done or not done) is the sordid, craven surrender of the GOP congress on that Frankenstein's monster of a budget.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 05:59:31 am »
Thanks for posting this Paladin!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Longiron