Author Topic: Virginia: Teacher of Islamic ‘Calligraphy Lesson’ Circulated Koran, Forced Girls to Wear Hijab  (Read 581 times)

rangerrebew

Virginia: Teacher of Islamic ‘Calligraphy Lesson’ Circulated Koran, Forced Girls to Wear Hijab
Posted on December 22, 2015 by creeping

More on rogue teacher Cheryl LaPorte, via: Report: Virginia Teacher of Islamic ‘Calligraphy Lesson’ Circulated Koran, Excluded Bible – Breitbart

A ninth grade World Geography teacher who assigned students near Staunton, Virginia to hand copy the Arabic characters representing the shahada–the Islamic statement of faith–also circulated a Koran to her students while refusing to do the same with the Bible, according to reports from a parent meeting.

WVIR TV confirmed that students in Cheryl LaPorte’s class wore the hijab:

Last week, ninth-grade-students at Riverheads High School were asked to copy the Shahada for a school assignment.

“She told us the paper meant faith so we didn’t think anything of it,” said Laurel Truxell, a ninth-grader.

But after they found out what they translated, “There is no other God but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger.” Some students took issue.

“A lot of people got really upset and I refused to do the paper,” said Truxell.

Some students also put on a scarf part of the interactive lesson intended to teach about a religious article of clothing, the Hijab.

“When they asked me to dress up, I said no and the aide said okay, well the teacher pushed and pushed and pushed so I did it, and when she took a picture, I asked for it not to be in the yearbook and she said it was, so that’s when my parents called the school,” said Truxell.

“Students were also shown copies of the Koran, and female students were invited to try on a scarf as part of a lesson about the Islamic concept of modest dress,” The Daily Mail confirmed.

Augusta County school administrators who “confirmed that this lesson was not in the Augusta School Division’s approved curriculum for World Geography” at the parents meeting on Dec. 15 later backtracked with after-the-fact language that suggested the lesson was consistent with Virginia’s state “Standards of Learning.”

It is hard to see how the three Islamic-centric exercises LaPorte assigned her students comply with this standard to show “religion as a unifying force.”

It is unclear if this was the first year LaPorte assigned the students these specific Islam-centric lessons.

However LaPorte came to introduce these Islam-centric lessons to her ninth grade World Geography students, one thing is clear: the lessons are not part of the curriculum approved by the Virginia Department of Education.

https://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2015/12/22/virginia-teacher-of-islamic-calligraphy-lesson-circulated-koran-forced-girls-to-wear-hijab/
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 08:13:50 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Aren't liberals also complaining about 'cultural appropriation'? Which is it, they want to make them multi-cultural and experience these cultures or they take offense at any appropriations of other cultures?