Author Topic: No Word From Vacationing Obama After Deadliest Attack on US Troops in Afghanistan in Three Years  (Read 1189 times)

rangerrebew

No Word From Vacationing Obama After Deadliest Attack on US Troops in Afghanistan in Three Years

(CNSNews.com) – Responding to the deadliest attack against U.S. forces in Afghanistan in more than three years, the White House issued a statement Monday saying its “thoughts and prayers are with the victims, their families, and their loved ones.”

“We express our deepest condolences to the families of the six U.S. service members killed and to all of those injured in today’s Taliban attack near Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan,” said the statement, issued by White House press secretary Josh Earnest.

There was no statement from President Obama, who is vacationing in Hawaii with his family. Obama played golf on Monday afternoon at the Mid-Pacific Country Club, after a morning workout at the Marine Corps Base Hawaii.

“Obama attempted a chip shot of about 40 feet and made it into the hole,” an AP report [1] stated at the end of the afternoon’s golf. “He reacted by dropping his wedge and raising his hat and arms into the air. He then pointed his finger at the media and tipped his hat and waved toward the gallery watching him from the road.”

According to Operation Resolute Support public affairs office, the suicide bombing that killed six American troops at Bagram, the largest U.S. base in the country, occurred at around 1:30 PM on Monday – around 4 AM Monday in Washington, and 11 PM Sunday night in Honolulu.

“The United States condemns this cowardly attack on members of the U.S. and Afghan forces, and we remain committed to supporting the Afghan people and their government,” Earnest said in the statement.

“We will continue to work together to promote peace and stability in Afghanistan, just as we will not relent in our mission to counter the threat of terrorism that plagues the region.”

Defense Secretary Ashton Carter, who visited Afghanistan just days ago, said the six service members “died after a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device attack on their patrol outside Bagram Air Base.”

Another two troops and an American contractor were wounded in the blast.

“It serves as a painful reminder of the dangers our troops face every day in Afghanistan,” he said.

“Our deepest sympathies go out to the families of these brave Americans who died in service to this vital mission, and our thoughts remain with all of our troops serving overseas during this holiday season so that we may have peace and security at home,” Carter said.

The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack, which it said was carried out by a “fearless mujahid” named Zahidullah.

The terrorist group said in a statement that the attacker “slammed his motorbike filled with explosives near a large number of the U.S. invading troops gathered near the Bagram base, blowing as many as 19 American invaders to bits and leaving several others wounded.” The Taliban routinely inflates the numbers of enemy casualties.

It was the greatest loss of American life in a single combat incident in Afghanistan since August 2012, when seven U.S. troops and four Afghans were killed [2] when a U.S. Army Black Hawk helicopter was brought down by hostile fire in Kandahar.

Seven Georgian soldiers were killed in a suicide bombing in Helmand province in June 2013, according to figures kept by iCasualties.org.

Resolute Support is the NATO support mission – with the mandate to “train, assist and advise” Afghan forces – which began after the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force mission ended a year ago.

Obama’s Afghanistan withdrawal timetable originally provided for 9,800 troops at the start of 2015, around half that number at year’s end, with all troops out by the end of 2016, apart from a “security assistance component” attached to the U.S. Embassy.

Last October he announced a slowdown, saying the U.S. would retain a force of 9,800 through most of 2016, and then draw down to 5,500 starting sometime in 2017.

Alongside the 9,800 U.S. troops and some 4,000 from other NATO members.

Monday’s attack at the base north of Kabul came as the Taliban captured a key district, Sangin, in Helmand province.

The Foundation for Defense of Democracies’ Long War Journal reported [3] on Monday that the Taliban now “controls or contests” almost the entire southern province.

According to iCasualties.org, more coalition troops were killed in Helmand than in any other province during the war that began in late 2001 – a total of 954.

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/no-word-vacationing-obama-after-deadliest-attack-us-troops

Offline aligncare

I feel utter despair over reports like this one.

Obama continues the charade of doing "something" in Afghanistan. Yet, it's obvious Obama lacks commitment to providing the resources to protect the troops or to insure the success of the mission; and so all we get are dead American sons.

Meanwhile, Obama is resolved to sinking a birdie putt...and to spending whatever treasure it takes to bring in tens of thousands of "refugees," many of whom are sympathetic to jihad...

We are living an American soldiers' nightmare.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 02:12:58 pm by aligncare »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

I saw that photo on Mark Knoller's twitter feed. Thank goodness Obie-wan-jackass made the putt.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

Remember how they bashed Bush for playing golf during the Iraq campaign and the death of American soldiers? Bush's response was to quit golfing.

Obama's response today: triple down, baby!

Dear Leader needs his down time. Heaven knows the tremendous struggles Obama faces in office. Why, on Air Force One alone, on his way to Hawaii, it was suddenly discovered that someone had forgotten to stock the Brie! and Obama had to make due with Gruyère cheese! Oh, the indignity!

Online mountaineer

Obama Goes Golfing After Learning Muslims Killed 6 American Soldiers In Terror Attack

The attack was carried out by a suicide bomber on a motorcycle outside a U.S. military base, the largest loss of life of American troops in Afghanistan this year. The Taliban claim responsibility. But the sobering news didn’t stop Obama from heading to the golf course, a tradition for the president as he enjoys the Hawaii climate during the holidays.
by Geoffrey Grider   December 22, 2015
President Obama is on vacation in Hawaii, where he was informed of a terrorist attack in Afghanistan that killed six American service members.

The attack was carried out by a suicide bomber on a motorcycle outside a U.S. military base, the largest loss of life of American troops in Afghanistan this year. The Taliban claim responsibility.

But the sobering news didn’t stop Obama from heading to the golf course, a tradition for the president as he enjoys the Hawaii climate during the holidays. The president and three of his friends hit the golf course shortly after noon at the Mid-Pacific Country Club.

While Obama was on the course, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest released a statement in response to the attacks. “We express our deepest condolences to the families of the six U.S. service members killed and to all of those injured in today’s Taliban attack near Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims, their families, and their loved ones,” the statement read, adding that the United States condemned the “cowardly attack.”

Later in the day, Obama allowed reporters on the course to observe him make a chip shot on the 18th hole. After successfully making the shot, Obama raised both arms in triumph, and turned and pointed in the direction of the reporters on the course.
Video at link

Offline flowers

I feel utter despair over reports like this one.

Obama continues the charade of doing "something" in Afghanistan. Yet, it's obvious Obama lacks commitment to providing the resources to protect the troops or to insure the success of the mission; and so all we get are dead American sons.

Meanwhile, Obama is resolved to sinking a birdie putt...and to spending whatever treasure it takes to bring in tens of thousands of "refugees," many of whom are sympathetic to jihad...

We are living an American soldiers' nightmare.
I am at a state of mind that he is leaving them to die in Afghanistan on purpose to be killed off one by one. Then he gets a whole new generation of soldiers. His type. Some say he doesn't leave Afghanistan because of the fallout when Taliban officially takes over. What fallout has he gotten from Iraq? Syria? Libya? For me it is the only thing that makes sense.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I am at a state of mind that he is leaving them to die in Afghanistan on purpose to be killed off one by one. Then he gets a whole new generation of soldiers. His type. Some say he doesn't leave Afghanistan because of the fallout when Taliban officially takes over. What fallout has he gotten from Iraq? Syria? Libya? For me it is the only thing that makes sense.

I think he stays there to help facilitate our downfall.   8888crybaby

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Paladin

"(CNSNews.com) – Responding to the deadliest attack against U.S. forces in Afghanistan in more than three years, the White House issued a statement Monday saying its “thoughts and prayers are with the victims, their families, and their loved ones.”

“We express our deepest condolences to the families of the six U.S. service members killed and to all of those injured in today’s Taliban attack near Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan,” said the statement, issued by White House press secretary Josh Earnest.

There was no statement from President Obama, who is vacationing in Hawaii with his family. Obama played golf on Monday afternoon at the Mid-Pacific Country Club, after a morning workout at the Marine Corps Base Hawaii.

“Obama attempted a chip shot of about 40 feet and made it into the hole,” an AP report stated at the end of the afternoon’s golf. “He reacted by dropping his wedge and raising his hat and arms into the air. He then pointed his finger at the media and tipped his hat and waved toward the gallery watching him from the road.”

According to Operation Resolute Support public affairs office, the suicide bombing that killed six American troops at Bagram, the largest U.S. base in the country, occurred at around 1:30 PM on Monday – around 4 AM Monday in Washington, and 11 PM Sunday night in Honolulu.

“The United States condemns this cowardly attack on members of the U.S. and Afghan forces, and we remain committed to supporting the Afghan people and their government,” Earnest said in the statement.

“We will continue to work together to promote peace and stability in Afghanistan, just as we will not relent in our mission to counter the threat of terrorism that plagues the region.”

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/no-word-vacationing-obama-after-deadliest-attack-us-troops

Btw, the press cheered Obama when he made that chip shot.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/press-cheers-when-obama-sinks-40-foot-chip-shot/article/2000326
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Until the Afghans take up golf, a White House statement is the best we'll get.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Relic

Anyone brave and patriotic enough to wear the uniform is the enemy in Barack Hussein Obama's mind.

Fundamental transformation? A lot less white, and a lot less Christian.

Offline xfreeper

Sounds like he is having a good time. Isn't that nice?

Offline Relic

Sounds like he is having a good time. Isn't that nice?

And laughing his butt off at just how stupid Americans are.

Offline aligncare

And laughing his butt off at just how stupid Americans are.

Would it were that simple.

Up until Obama, I had always believed that the constitution was designed to restrain someone like Obama. I think we know better now.

Offline Relic

Up until Obama, I had always believed that the constitution was designed to restrain someone like Obama. I think we know better now.

The constitution only protects us if the public is aware, or at the very least concerned.

We failed the constitution, it didn't fail us.

Offline aligncare

The constitution only protects us if the public is aware, or at the very least concerned.

:beer:   :patriot:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:  :patriot:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Carling

The Constitution only matters if the populace will defend it and demand that it matters.  Roberts' ACA vote killed the notion of it mattering.  Instead we watch Miss Universe while the DC establishment laughs in our faces.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline xfreeper

so true...

Online mountaineer

As World Burns… Liberal Media Cheers Obama Golf Game and Step Climbing
Jim Hoft Dec 23rd, 2015 1:13 pm
The Gateway Pundit
The Middle East may be in flames, 93,000,000 million Americans are out of work, the borders are open, and working Americans are making thousands less than they did when Obama took office…

But Obama still has the media–  The lapdogs cheered Obama on the golf course in Hawaii.  ...

And the media drooled over the president who “puts in the work” while on vacation by hiking up a hill!
Via Huffington Post:

Some people vacation in Hawaii to sip Mai Tais on the beach and indulge in well-deserved R&R. But not President Barack Obama.
    When he visits the Aloha State, he puts in work.

On Tuesday, after his early morning gym session, Obama, his family and a few friends took on the Koko Head Crater Stairs — a popular Hawaii hike that is so grueling, people often refer to it as the “Stairmaster from Hell” or the “Koko Head Stairs of Doom.”

Unsuspecting hikers had to move to the side of the trail’s narrow path as a sweaty Obama and his security entourage barreled up the trail’s 1,048 wooden steps, which climb a steep 1,208 feet up the crater’s ridge.

But the hikers didn’t seem to mind the delay.

One walker even took advantage of the situation and offered POTUS some advice for the end of his term.

“Thanks for your service, Mr. President,” the man says in a video posted to the My Kailua Facebook page.

“Legalize it on your way out!” he adds as Obama walks away.

Most hikers, however, kept their legislative suggestions to themselves and just tried to squeeze in their presidential selfies as casually as possible.

After the hike, the Obamas spent the rest of the day at their luxury Kailua rental, presumably for some well-deserved relaxation.

No matter how unpopular this president is with working Americans, he will always have the press.