Author Topic: No, Democrats aren't secretly scared of Trump  (Read 2841 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
No, Democrats aren't secretly scared of Trump
« on: December 22, 2015, 02:00:52 am »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/no-democrats-arent-secretly-scared-of-trump/article/2578811

By David M. Drucker (@DavidMDrucker) • 12/20/15 12:01 AM

Democrats can hardly believe their luck.

Donald Trump, the undisputed national front-runner in the race for the Republican presidential nomination, is poised to erase all of the disadvantages the Democratic Party should face in its bid to win a rare third consecutive White House race. Political parties have managed to hold the presidency for more than two terms only twice in the last century, and Americans are only moderately satisfied with President Obama and Hillary Clinton, the likely Democratic nominee.

But Trump's approval ratings with key voting blocs are so bad, and he has so dominated media coverage of the 2016 primaries, that Democratic strategists believe there is no way he could rehabilitate himself for the general election. Even if the New York real estate mogul and reality television star isn't the nominee, they are convinced the GOP won't be able to escape the damage he's done, regardless of who they put up against Clinton.

continued
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 02:01:16 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: No, Democrats aren't secretly scared of Trump
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 02:12:06 am »
In the latest Fox News poll, conducted Wednesday and Thursday, Clinton was losing to Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, 45 percent to 43 percent, and was tied with Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, at 45 percent each. But she beat Trump like a drum, 49 percent to 38 percent, and came close to the important 50 percent mark. The poll surveyed 1,013 registered voters, and had an error margin of 3 percentage points.

In the Fox poll, Clinton beat Trump among women by 26 points and only trailed him by 5 points among men. She beat him among voters with college degrees and without; she demolished him with black voters and was only 5 points behind in the battle for whites. Clinton trailed Trump by a single point among independents. But she picked up 15 percent of Republicans, holding Trump to just 72 percent among voters in his own party.

The big question:  If Trump goes soft to appeal to Democrats and Independents, do his rabid followers abandon him and stay home? 

But, as the article contends, he's likely burned too many bridges to try to rebuild them.  He's lost women, Hispanics and at least 15 percent of Republicans.  He will likely lose more.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 02:12:52 am »
You know they are scared of Trump when they start talking voting blocs instead of across the board support. What key voting blocs? Let's see we have Trump vs a murder, corrupt, liar, extoritionst, otherwise a perfect Lib. :patriot:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 02:19:21 am »
You know they are scared of Trump when they start talking voting blocs instead of across the board support. What key voting blocs? Let's see we have Trump vs a murder, corrupt, liar, extoritionst, otherwise a perfect Lib. :patriot:

Don't discount voting blocs.  Obama won two elections courting and winning "voting blocs."

Offline Paladin

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 02:22:49 am »

Quite so, Longiron. To paraphrase the bard: "The [anti-Trumpers] doth protest too much, methinks." The fact they are so rabid in their denunciations of Trump shows they are scared and scared plenty. No one who is insignificant generates so much animosity. If he didn't frighten them they would simply ignore him.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 02:25:00 am »
Quite so, Longiron. To paraphrase the bard: "The [anti-Trumpers] doth protest too much, methinks." The fact they are so rabid in their denunciations of Trump shows they are scared and scared plenty. No one who is insignificant generates so much animosity. If he didn't frighten them they would simply ignore him.

Polls don't ignore candidates.  And polls aren't scared of candidates.

Trump loses to Hillary.  Badly. 

What you see as fear is really ridicule. 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 02:46:08 am »
Voting blocs were how they won 2012. Welcome to the new America.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 07:34:08 am »

I agree with you Paladin.  Anti-Trumper Republicans like myself are scared to death of Trump.  I am extremely fearful for the future of my party and my country because of Trump...and Hitlery and the rats are not scared of him at all.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 10:59:28 am »
The big question:  If Trump goes soft to appeal to Democrats and Independents, do his rabid followers abandon him and stay home? 

Big answer:  Trump already has Reagan Democrats and Independents, so no worries about him "going soft".   

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 11:01:57 am »
...and Hitlery and the rats are not scared of him at all.

Hmmm... then I wonder why Hillary spent all her time during last Saturday's debate arguing against Donald Trump?    :pondering:

Offline Longiron

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 12:29:12 pm »
Voting blocs were how they won 2012. Welcome to the new America.

The candidate MITTENS who had no ba***. to take on Onama and 5 million conservatives that would not show up at the polls had nothing to do with it? Please read at least the News Paper and sit the kool aid down for a while.  **nononono*

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 12:44:19 pm »
.... 5 million conservatives that would not show up at the polls ....

Seems like a voting block to me.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2015, 01:03:23 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/no-democrats-arent-secretly-scared-of-trump/article/2578811

By David M. Drucker (@DavidMDrucker) • 12/20/15 12:01 AM

Democrats can hardly believe their luck.

Donald Trump, the undisputed national front-runner in the race for the Republican presidential nomination, is poised to erase all of the disadvantages the Democratic Party should face in its bid to win a rare third consecutive White House race. Political parties have managed to hold the presidency for more than two terms only twice in the last century, and Americans are only moderately satisfied with President Obama and Hillary Clinton, the likely Democratic nominee.

But Trump's approval ratings with key voting blocs are so bad, and he has so dominated media coverage of the 2016 primaries, that Democratic strategists believe there is no way he could rehabilitate himself for the general election. Even if the New York real estate mogul and reality television star isn't the nominee, they are convinced the GOP won't be able to escape the damage he's done, regardless of who they put up against Clinton.

continued

Democrats habitually lie. That why they are busy talking up Rubio and talking down Trump. Trump has broad appeal in the Democrat's key voting block, Blue collar workers. They know full well if they lose 15-20% of that bock, there is no where Hillary can make it up. Rubio on the other hand will be easily destroyed by the Clinton's massive advantage in cash. Rubio will not be able to compete fiscally and does nor does he  have the media following to compete against a Clinton.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 01:04:33 pm by GAJohnnie »

Offline Longiron

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2015, 01:05:26 pm »
Seems like a voting block to me.

Conservatives are a movement made up of different voting blocs of races, religion and ideology IMO.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2015, 01:08:13 pm »
Democrats habitually lie. That why they are busy talking up Rubio and talking down Trump. Trump has broad appeal in the Democrat's key voting block, Blue collar workers. They know full well if they lose 15-20% of that bock, there is no where Hillary can make it up. Rubio on the other hand will be easily destroyed by the Clinton's massive advantage in cash. Rubio will not be able to compete fiscally and does nor does he  have the media following to compete against a Clinton.

Rush said it best: the libs will always tell you who they fear the most, just watch .

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2015, 01:10:15 pm »
Conservatives are a movement made up of different voting blocs of races, religion and ideology IMO.

Exactly!

Sometimes I think there are as many Conservative voting blocs as there are Conservatives! We don't lock step all that well!  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2015, 01:12:08 pm »

I've noticed over the years that Democrats are better at choosing our best Republican candidates than even Republicans are.

Just watch democrats hoopin' and hollerin'.  They always give away who they fear the most.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2015, 01:16:23 pm »

My apologies for being repetitive on the point of democrats always tipping their hand....

Offline Paladin

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2015, 01:20:03 am »
Hmmm... then I wonder why Hillary spent all her time during last Saturday's debate arguing against Donald Trump?    :pondering:

Excellent point, RIV, and I note none of the anti-Trump choir, who usually can't keep their mouths shut, offered no comment.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2015, 01:22:54 am »
Excellent point, RIV, and I note none of the anti-Trump choir, who usually can't keep their mouths shut, offered no comment.

LOL!!

Mad when we comment, mad when we don't comment.  Mad, mad, mad.

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2015, 01:45:31 am »

Thanks...and I noticed too.   000hehehehe

Offline aligncare

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2015, 01:52:43 am »

Wow! I got my smiley page back. Now I can again express myself pictorially. Yay!  :0012:

Yeah, sure. Democrats aren't scared. If you could read their pea brains, this is what it would look like:

888ohnoes

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2015, 01:57:22 am »
Wow! I got my smiley page back. Now I can again express myself pictorially. Yay!  :0012:

Yeah, sure. Democrats aren't scared. If you could read their pea brains, this is what it would look like:

888ohnoes

Love it.  May I borrow this??

Offline aligncare

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2015, 02:00:53 am »

It's on TBR's smiley page. --which I can finally access again!

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2015, 02:02:47 am »
It's on TBR's smiley page. --which I can finally access again!

Thanks!