Author Topic: Obama: Media stoking ISIS fears  (Read 769 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama: Media stoking ISIS fears
« on: December 21, 2015, 02:04:02 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/263894-obama-media-stoking-isis-fears

December 21, 2015, 06:37 am

By Kyle Balluck and Jesse Byrnes

President Obama said in an interview broadcast early Monday that he understands why Americans are worried about the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS), adding that it is important “to keep things in perspective.”

“This is not an organization that can destroy the United States,” he told NPR. “This is not a huge industrial power that can pose great risks to us institutionally or in a systematic way. But they can hurt us, and they can hurt our people and our families.”

Obama blamed the media in part, for fears, saying that in the past month, “all you have been seeing, all you have been hearing about is these guys with masks or black flags who are potentially coming to get you."

“The media is pursuing ratings, this is a legitimate news story. I think it’s up to the media how they want to cover this. There is no doubt the actions of ISIL are designed to amplify their power and the threat that they pose,” he added, using the administration’s preferred acronym for the terror group.

Obama acknowledged "a legitimate criticism" about how he and his administration have gone about its attempts to allay fears among the public following recent terror attacks in Paris and San Bernardino, Calif.

"We haven't, you know, on a regular basis I think described all the work that we've been doing for more than a year now to defeat ISIL," Obama told NPR.

The White House has since sought to step up its messaging on its anti-ISIS efforts after an onslaught of criticism following the Obama's initial response, with the president speaking out last week after trips to the Pentagon and National Counterterrorism Center.

Obama cautioned that Americans should not start “changing how we live and what our values are” in response to the threat from the terror group.

“Part of my message over the next 14 months or 13 months that I am -- remain in office is to just make sure that we remember who we are and make sure that our resilience, our values, our unity are maintained. If we do that then ISIL will be defeated.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GAJohnnie

Re: Obama: Media stoking ISIS fears
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 02:05:52 pm »
Yeah the massacres in San Bernadino and Paris had nothing to do with it at all. 

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 02:08:00 pm »

Is he really this out of touch? Is he a moron? Or, is he playing us for saps?

Answer is, in my opinion, all of the above.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 02:34:45 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 02:37:43 pm »
http://www.npr.org/2015/12/21/460281332/obama-makes-no-apologies-for-fighting-isis-within-american-values
Obama Makes 'No Apologies' For Fighting ISIS Within 'American Values'

Weakness and incompetence are not America Values President 0.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 03:56:00 pm »

No! That would be YOU doing that you worthless POS!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 04:33:25 pm »
We will hear from him on a daily basis his last year. He will say things to slap us in the face daily. Some days 2 or 3 times laughing  all the  time while watching this country fall to her knees before putting the bullet in the back of her head.  8888crybaby **nononono*

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 06:17:41 pm »
No! That would be YOU doing that you worthless POS!

Since you called him a worthless POS, might I add he is a Flying Butt Monkey?  I feel much better.  Thanks.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 06:20:11 pm »
Since you called him a worthless POS, might I add he is a Flying Butt Monkey?  I feel much better.  Thanks.

Always helps to get it off your chest!  :patriot:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 06:23:17 pm »
I love how this guy, who has hated everything American his entire life and listened to Reverend Jeremiah preach such for a decade, is now the one and only arbiter of "American Values."
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2015, 06:26:16 pm »
I love how this guy, who has hated everything American his entire life and listened to Reverend Jeremiah preach such for a decade, is now the one and only arbiter of "American Values."

Ain't that the truth!  :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2015, 09:24:56 pm »
Why does a sitting POTUS feel he should give his 'opinion' on a presidential candidate? As if the Flying Butt Monkey really cares. Here is another article (link below) stating Trump is exploiting blue collar fears. Hussein, the DEMS and the GOPe have not only created turmoil for the working class but they've created turmoil for the entire country. 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/12/21/obama-targets-trump-says-candidate-exploiting-blue-collar-fears.html?intcmp=hpbt1
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline flowers

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2015, 09:43:44 pm »
Why does a sitting POTUS feel he should give his 'opinion' on a presidential candidate?
He said at his end of the year presser he was going to do all and anything he could to help get a dem into the WH in 2017.

He cannot have any of his destruction he is doing to us be overturned. He will stop at nothing.