Author Topic: Rubio's Truth Telling Problem  (Read 880 times)

Offline libertybele

Rubio's Truth Telling Problem
« on: December 21, 2015, 03:36:03 am »
Rubio is starting to self-destruct.

Marco Rubio’s Truth-Telling Problem
By: Jeffrey Lord | December 20th, 2015

Senator Marco Rubio was out there on the debate stage trying to say that Senator Ted Cruz is really a pro-amnesty guy. Which, to understate, is a pretty bald untruth. Or, to be blunt, a bold-faced lie.

One conservative commentator after another has ripped into Rubio for this business. Here, for instance, is Rush Limbaugh on the Rubio-Cruz amnesty duel.
The Republican establishment, as you well know, not only dislikes and is frightened to death of Donald Trump, they intensely dislike Ted Cruz, and they are deeply afraid of Ted Cruz.  And so what is going on here is an effort to discredit Cruz and to expose Cruz as a liar on something that is the number one issue to most Republican voters, and that is immigration policy -- and specifically, amnesty.  And the upshot of the contretemps that happened Tuesday night in the debate is that Rubio is attempting...He did attempt, and is receiving the assistance of many in the media. He is attempting to say that Ted Cruz has not told you the truth about his position on amnesty and immigration.”

Rush made plain that he likes Marco Rubio, but had no hesitation in illustrating exactly the difference between Cruz and Rubio by saying this:

“Immigration policy is nothing more than a Democrat registration drive.

And in an attempt to illustrate that, I said, "Hey, I'll support amnesty if you will promise me that the newly amnetized cannot vote for 25 years."  It was an effort to illustrate what was really going on, and I proved that that's what was going on by virtue of one fact:  Nobody took me up on my offer to join efforts to pass the legislation, not one person.  And believe me, folks, when I tell you, if I had not added that proviso, I would have been overwhelmed with phone calls from people in Washington eagerly accepting my offer.  I would have been all over the news, "Limbaugh Changes Mind, Supports Comprehensive Immigration Reform."  It would have been all you would have seen in the news.

But I didn't get one call.  I didn't get one feeler.  I didn't get a single reaction to my proposal because I put a poison pill in it.  I'll gladly grant amnesty, I'll support it, I'll promote it, I'll do whatever you need, but you have to put in the bill that they can't vote for 25 years.  And the point was, they won't even be for it if that's the case.  The Democrat Party will never vote for amnesty if there's something in there that says they can't vote for 25 years.

Well, Ted Cruz, in the process of debating the Gang of Eight bill, essentially did something close to that, in an attempt to expose it and in an attempt to kill it.  And it is that attempt that Cruz made that Rubio and other forces are now claiming he's a hypocrite on because they're claiming that he really did privately and to certain groups say that he was in favor of legalization and citizenship."
In other words - my words not Rush’s - Marco Rubio is being deliberately, willfully dishonest about Cruz’s immigration record.

There are few things worse in American politics than gaining a reputation for being a serial liar.

Here is Michelle Malkin on Rubio, discussing what exactly could be the cause of Rubio’s blatant dishonesty:

"Rubio's brazenly fraudulent campaign to paint Cruz as soft on illegal immigration is a flabbergasting attempt to distract from the Florida junior senator's faithful allegiance to the open-borders donor class.”

…Bottom line?

Cruz kept his promise to voters. He voted against the Gang of Eight giveaway. Period.

Rubio broke his promise: He paid lip service to border security and the American Dream, while scheming with Sens. Schumer and Durbin on the 180,000-word, 1,200-page Christmas tree for Big Biz, Big Tech and ethnic lobbyists.

Rubio didn't just vote for the bill. He and his staff were integral to crafting it, shilling for it, and cashing in on the legislative boondoggle dubbed a "permanent pension plan for immigration lawyers.”

When you need the truth about which Beltway crapweasels are selling out America, always follow the money.”...

- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2015/12/marco-rubios-truth-telling-problem#sthash.Ok1O9Sf3.dpuf

« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 03:37:17 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline katzenjammer

Re: Rubio's Truth Telling Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 03:49:44 am »
 :amen:

Rubio's guiding 'principles' are two-fold: 1.  what his donors tell him they want, and 2.  what the consultants tell him wins elections.

That is why Ted Cruz always tells us to pay attention to what they do (and for those in congressional office, that is primarily how they vote, and legislation that they craft), not what they say on the campaign trail.  Rubio's "compelling" story is so tiring and trite, that I doubt anyone even believes him any longer.

I am so glad this slime ball Rubio won't be my Senator after another year.

No More Campaign Conservatives!!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 03:56:08 am by katzenjammer »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 03:57:23 am »
Well, Ted Cruz, in the process of debating the Gang of Eight bill, essentially did something close to that, in an attempt to expose it and in an attempt to kill it.

So he says now.

Was Cruz  being disingenuous about legalization in 2013 or is he being disingenuous now?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 03:59:04 am by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 01:12:43 am »
"I am so glad this slime ball Rubio won't be my Senator after another year."

:amen:  My concern is who will be replacing him.  The DEMS seem to be ahead of the GOP to take his seat and the possibility of losing a seat in the Senate is probable. Take a look at who's running:

A new Quinnipiac University poll shows the top two Democratic contenders in the 2016 race — moderate Rep. Patrick Murphy and liberal firebrand Rep. Alan Grayson — are leading the main Republicans in the contest.

Murphy leads GOP Lt. Gov. Carlos Lopez-Cantera, 37% to 29%, and tops Rep. Ron DeSantis, 37% to 30%, according to the poll.  Meanwhile, Grayson is ahead of  Lopez-Cantera, 35% to 32%, and also leads DeSantis, 37% to 31%.

http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2015/10/08/florida-senate-murphy-grayson/

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 01:32:30 am »
:amen:

Rubio's guiding 'principles' are two-fold: 1.  what his donors tell him they want, and 2.  what the consultants tell him wins elections.

That is why Ted Cruz always tells us to pay attention to what they do (and for those in congressional office, that is primarily how they vote, and legislation that they craft), not what they say on the campaign trail.  Rubio's "compelling" story is so tiring and trite, that I doubt anyone even believes him any longer.

I am so glad this slime ball Rubio won't be my Senator after another year.

No More Campaign Conservatives!!

'No more Campaign Conservatives" Priceless, :beer: