Author Topic: Paul: Nobody read the $1.1 trillion omnibus bill  (Read 495 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Paul: Nobody read the $1.1 trillion omnibus bill
« on: December 20, 2015, 02:00:02 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/263836-paul-nobody-read-the-11-trillion-omnibus-bill

December 20, 2015, 06:00 am
Paul: Nobody read the $1.1 trillion omnibus bill

By Bradford Richardson

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) on Sunday said he voted against the $1.1 trillion government spending bill that passed Congress last week because nobody had a chance to read the behemoth legislation.

“It was over a trillion dollars, it was all lumped together, 2,242 pages, nobody read it, so frankly my biggest complaint is that I have no idea what kind of things they stuck in the bill,” Paul told host John Catsimatidis on “The Cats Roundtable” on New York’s AM-970.

“I voted against it because I won’t vote for these enormous bills that no one has a chance to read,” he added.

“We were given it yesterday or the day before the bill came forward, and so this is not a way to run government. It’s a part of the reason why government is broke.”

Paul said his Republican colleagues in the House and Senate are just as complicit as Democrats for the legislation.

“Once again this came not at the behest of just the Democrats,” he said. “It came at the behest of right-wing Republicans who want military spending and left-wing Democrats who want welfare spending, and that’s the dirty little secret.

“Both parties are at fault for it,” he added.

The GOP presidential candidate said he is worried about the climbing national debt, adding that Congress should only spend the money it has.

“I think we should balance our budget and only spend what comes in,” he said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Longiron

Re: Paul: Nobody read the $1.1 trillion omnibus bill
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 02:04:54 pm »
Where is the surprise? :silly:

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 03:23:21 pm »
Several important issues that most Americans are against are now fully funded by the same people who are against them.   
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 05:47:54 pm »
Several important issues that most Americans are against are now fully funded by the same people who are against them.

...who are SUPPOSEDLY against them.