Author Topic: UNESCO Approves Controversial Prince Vladimir Statue  (Read 372 times)

Offline Paladin

UNESCO Approves Controversial Prince Vladimir Statue
« on: December 19, 2015, 05:19:08 am »
The last paragraph tells a cautionary tale.

"The UNESCO cultural and scientific organization has approved the installation of a monument to Prince Vladimir in the center of Moscow on the condition that its height does not exceed eight meters, the RIA Novosti news agency reported Friday, citing a Moscow official.

“As far as I'm concerned, UNESCO has coordinated the installation of the monument if it is not more than 8 meters high,” Lev Lavrenov, chairman on the Moscow Duma's committee on monuments, was quoted by RIA Novosti as saying.

The statue is now being cast, Lavrenov said, adding that it would not necessarily be mounted on the site where a founding stone was installed on Nov. 3.

The statue of Prince Vladimir is due to be installed next spring on Borovitskaya Ploshchad, near the Moscow Kremlin. The Kremlin and adjacent Red Square are included on the UNESCO World Heritage list, which is why Russia notified the organization about the plans for the installation of the monument."

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/article.php?id=553233
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.