Author Topic: ‘Am I Reading This Wrong?’: Greta Corners Cruz With Signed Letter on His 2013 Immigration Position  (Read 723 times)

Offline sinkspur

‘Am I Reading This Wrong?’: Greta Corners Cruz With Signed Letter on His 2013 Immigration Position

Dec. 18, 2015 9:03pm   

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) was again confronted on his 2013 immigration position Friday, being grilled for nearly 10 minutes by Fox News Channel host Greta Van Susteren.

In his lengthy “On the Record” interview, Cruz referenced an exchange on immigration he had with Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) at Tuesday night’s GOP debate. In that exchange, Rubio confronted Cruz on stage and noted the Texas senator previously seemed to support for legalization of those in the U.S. illegally.

Van Susteren followed up on this in her interview Friday.

“You supported not citizenship, but giving essentially —,” she said.

Cruz interjected, anticipating the rest of her sentence: “Nope, that is factually incorrect.”

“Well, let me read you a letter that you wrote…written on June 4, 2013, signed by you. And it talks about how critically the committee rejected, that would be the committee you’re trying to get this amendment to, rejected the Cruz amendment that would have allowed immigrants here to obtain legal status,” Van Susteren said. “That’s not true?”

Cruz responded by noting that the letter was authored by not only him, but several other senators. He added that he introduced an amendment stripping a pathway to citizenship from the “gang of eight” so-called amnesty bill.

“They would have a legal status,” Van Susteren said.

“No, it did not say they would have a legal status,” Cruz shot back.

“Am I reading this wrong?” Van Susteren asked/

Go here to watch the full exchange:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/12/18/am-i-reading-this-wrong-greta-corners-cruz-with-signed-letter-on-his-2013-immigration-position/?utm_source=TheBlaze.com&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=story&utm_content=am-i-reading-this-wrong-greta-corners-cruz-with-signed-letter-on-his-2013-immigration-position&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Carling

At least Cruz has the courage to show up and put his name on a vote that fundamentally changes the existing GOP.

I honestly don't care what he signed in 2013; what he did today matters, and Ricky Rubio couldn't even be bothered to make a decision while his party leaders sold out the country.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline sinkspur

At least Cruz has the courage to show up and put his name on a vote that fundamentally changes the existing GOP.

I honestly don't care what he signed in 2013; what he did today matters, and Ricky Rubio couldn't even be bothered to make a decision while his party leaders sold out the country.

Of course you don't care what Cruz said in 2013 (he was for legalization).  But you're pissed at Rubio today.

I don't see any difference. 

Plus, given the Trump criteria, I don't care what Rubio says or does.  I still support him.

Offline Carling

Of course you don't care what Cruz said in 2013 (he was for legalization).  But you're pissed at Rubio today.

I don't see any difference. 

Plus, given the Trump criteria, I don't care what Rubio says or does.  I still support him.

What does Trump have to do with this thread? Ricky Rubio was in the Gang of Eight.  Cruz wasn't.  Trump has nothing to do with it.  Good luck with Rubio; you're going to need it.  Maybe you can be his towel man next debate?  Poor guy is up there flop-sweating.  I don't think he even believes what he's required to say by his fat cat GOPe donors.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline sinkspur

What does Trump have to do with this thread? Ricky Rubio was in the Gang of Eight.  Cruz wasn't.  Trump has nothing to do with it.  Good luck with Rubio; you're going to need it.  Maybe you can be his towel man next debate?  Poor guy is up there flop-sweating.  I don't think he even believes what he's required to say by his fat cat GOPe donors.

I will vote for Rubio in the Texas primary.

And I will NOT vote for Donald Trump if he is the nominee.   All Republicans down ballot will get my vote, but not him.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I will vote for Rubio in the Texas primary.

And I will NOT vote for Donald Trump if he is the nominee.   All Republicans down ballot will get my vote, but not him.

I will vote for Cruz but if Trump should be the nominee I  will definitely vote for him over Hillary.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien