Author Topic: GOP chair probes if Cruz unveiled classified info during debate  (Read 634 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP chair probes if Cruz unveiled classified info during debate
« on: December 16, 2015, 07:52:14 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/263443-burr-investigating-if-cruz-discussed-classified-information-during-debate

December 16, 2015, 11:30 am
GOP chair probes if Cruz unveiled classified info during debate

By Jordain Carney

A key Senate Republican is looking into whether Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) discussed classified information during Tuesday night's Republican presidential debate.
"I'm having my staff look at the transcripts of the debate right now," Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), the chairman of the Intelligence Committee, told reporters. "Any time you deal with numbers ... the question is, 'Is that classified or not?' Or is there an open source reference to it?"

Cruz raised eyebrows during an exchange with Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) over the National Security Agency's surveillance program, when he said that the old program covered "20 or 30 percent of phone numbers" while the new program covers roughly 100 percent.

Becca Glover Watkins, Burr's communications director, suggested on social media that Cruz might have said something he shouldn't have, though she didn't specifically reference his comments.

Becca Glover Watkins @beccaglover

Cruz shouldn't have said that.
8:18 PM - 15 Dec 2015

Burr added on Wednesday that while he hadn't heard Cruz's comments, "the question had been raised, therefore I asked them to look at it."

He suggested that his staff would need to search through media reports to see if the numbers had been reported independently before.

The North Carolina senator didn't specify what — if any — consequences Cruz could face if his staff determines that the Texas Republican did discuss classified information.

"I would be a lot more worried if he was in fact a member of the committee, but to my understanding this subject matter was not one where any members outside of the committee had been briefed on it," he said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Re: GOP chair probes if Cruz unveiled classified info during debate
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 08:18:50 pm »
Good grief.  Hillary gave up at least 10k of classified emails.  I really dislike these people.

Offline Carling

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 08:21:19 pm »
"I would be a lot more worried if he was in fact a member of the committee, but to my understanding this subject matter was not one where any members outside of the committee had been briefed on it," Burr said.

:pondering:

Rubio is on that committee, though, and knew it was classified...
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 10:12:17 pm »
:pondering:

Rubio is on that committee, though, and knew it was classified...

Yes, but Cruz is loathed by the GOPe and Rubio is their 'golden boy'.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 12:33:47 am »
Yes, but Cruz is loathed by the GOPe and Rubio is their 'golden boy'.

Rubio was actually the one who raised the classified information concern during his back and forth with Cruz.

Offline Carling

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 01:03:17 am »

Rubio was actually the one who raised the classified information concern during his back and forth with Cruz.

Conspiracy hat:

Somebody on the committee told Cruz the "100%" number as a debate trap, and when Cruz used it, Rubio, who is also on the committee, said it was classified.

What a stupid move by Rubio, since Burr even said nobody outside the committee had been briefed on the program. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------