Author Topic: Ryan unveils sweeping $1.6T deal on government funding, taxes  (Read 8174 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Ryan unveils sweeping $1.6T deal on government funding, taxes
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2015, 05:42:33 pm »
Say Sink

Just want is "conservative" about leaving in place the Obama care spending but removing the taxes that pays for that spending? Are you saying Deficit Spending is a "conservative" principal?

I'm saying that tax cuts or forestalling raising taxes is a conservative principle. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2015, 05:54:26 pm »
Ryan and the GOPe just gave us GOP primary voters a huge middle finger.

Screw 'em.  I'm done with them, and will be changing my voting status to Independent after the Oregon primary. We may as well have Democrats in control of congress.

I'll write in Cruz if it's Jeb, Rubio, Kasich, or another establishment elitist as the nominee.

Wait until after the primary and I am joining you . Back to Independent except for the primary. :beer:

Offline Longiron

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2015, 06:00:53 pm »
There was much concern on the part of conservatives about Ryan before he got the speakership.
Ryan is proving that concern was valid.

Correct with one BUT or 2 BUTS. Ryan did not put himself in as Little Boner. He was voted in by YOUR and everyone's else's congressperson except for 5 members of the PIMP Freedom Caucus. The other BUT is RYAN needed votes to get this through and YOUR congressperson voted for it. As much as one dislike RYAN it is YOUR congressperson that voted him in and for this SCREW America bill. :tongue2:

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2015, 06:01:32 pm »
Here's how they explain it:

You have to win to get control. So, you do what the Democrats want, so you look nice and cooperative in order to win. Then when you win, you do what the Democrats want, so you can keep winning.

The part I don't understand is, at what point do they actually do what conservatives want? I guess it's when the GOP holds all 435 seats in the House, all 100 seats in the Senate, and the White House. That must be the point where they actually consider a conservative agenda.

No, even that won't work, because you can't risk losing a seat. The problem is the establishment mentality - protecting themselves and their privilege at the expense of the nation and looking to their donor class, the chamber of commerce, Instead of the "peasantry," the man on the street.  They have become an aristocracy, not the people's representatives.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Millee

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2015, 06:02:01 pm »
Ryan is worse than Boehner not surprisingly, even though Boehner was wretchedly bad.  The GOP needs a complete and thorough revolution and it looks like its coming and hell is coming too.

Ryan's getting ripped apart on his Facebook page.  Not that he cares what the voters think.  :#@$%:

Offline Longiron

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2015, 06:02:14 pm »
Ryan is worse than Boehner not surprisingly, even though Boehner was wretchedly bad.  The GOP needs a complete and thorough revolution and it looks like its coming and hell is coming too.

PRAY that you are RIGHT! :patriot:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2015, 06:33:03 pm »

That sucks big time!

There's lots more that sucks in the bill.

Offline flowers

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2015, 06:44:21 pm »

Congress Provides $1.6B to Resettle Illegal Immigrants Arriving at Border Through 2018

http://freebeacon.com/politics/congress-provides-1-6b-to-resettle-illegal-immigrants-arriving-at-border-through-2018/

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2015, 06:45:44 pm »
I don't see how the GOP holds Congress after this. Simply nothing at all for GOP voters to vote for now. 2006 all over again.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2015, 06:46:10 pm »
Congress Provides $1.6B to Resettle Illegal Immigrants Arriving at Border Through 2018

http://freebeacon.com/politics/congress-provides-1-6b-to-resettle-illegal-immigrants-arriving-at-border-through-2018/

Welcome to the revolution.  This sinks the insiders in the Republican primaries

...Bob Dylan

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2015, 06:47:42 pm »
I don't see how the GOP holds Congress after this. Simply nothing at all for GOP voters to vote for now. 2006 all over again.

They will come out for the presidential election, if there is someone on top of the ticket that will rouse them.

...Bob Dylan

Online libertybele

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2015, 06:49:23 pm »
I am absolutely beyond furious!!!  This bill FULLY FUNDS REFUGEE MIGRATION from anywhere and SANCTUARY CITIES.

Folks, I don't think we are going to make it to the next election.  Thank you Ryan and the GOPE!! I am one that never wishes ill will on people, but, what this Congress and the Hussein administration has done to this country is despicable and what we've seen in San Bernadino is only a fraction of what we are going to experience in the future because of this funding. I hope that each of them that voted for this monstrosity of a bill and their families will suffer  more than the American people will as a result of this bill.  I can't believe that people are ridiculing Trump and Cruz because they wanted to stop terrorist from coming into this country??  Well, yep, our president and our congressmen just gave us a giant middle finger; they don't give a damn about this country or it's people.

I just listened to Limbaugh and there are a couple of U.S. schools that have MANDATED students to write a paper committing  allegiance to Allah. Beck has stated that in Sweeden they have been threatened with notes on their doors from Islamic terrorists that if they do NOT convert to Islam, they will behead the men and rape and torture their women and children!  Their government is doing nothing.  Our government is encouraging the same to happen here!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA and GOD PLEASE HELP US!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline flowers

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2015, 06:53:20 pm »
I am absolutely beyond furious!!!  This bill FULLY FUNDS REFUGEE MIGRATION from anywhere and SANCTUARY CITIES.

Folks, I don't think we are going to make it to the next election.  Thank you Ryan and the GOPE!! I am one that never wishes ill will on people, but, what this Congress and the Hussein administration has done to this country is despicable and what we've seen in San Bernadino is only a fraction of what we are going to experience in the future because of this funding. I hope that each of them that voted for this monstrosity of a bill and their families will suffer  more than the American people will as a result of this bill.  I can't believe that people are ridiculing Trump and Cruz because they wanted to stop terrorist from coming into this country??  Well, yep, our president and our congressmen just gave us a giant middle finger; they don't give a damn about this country or it's people.

I just listened to Limbaugh and there are a couple of U.S. schools that have MANDATED students to write a paper committing  allegiance to Allah. Beck has stated that in Sweeden they have been threatened with notes on their doors from Islamic terrorists that if they do NOT convert to Islam, they will behead the men and rape and torture their women and children!  Their government is doing nothing.  Our government is encouraging the same to happen here!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA and GOD PLEASE HELP US!
They will get hil in 2016. 1,6b is much cash for invaders to come into country. Notice they are sending them to Texas mostly. Will have that state blue in a year.  **nononono* we will have sharia law before he leaves office.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 06:54:38 pm by flowers »

Offline Carling

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2015, 06:53:39 pm »
So you'd rather have the tax increases just so you can have an issue?  Doesn't sound very conservative to me.  A conservative is ALWAYS for tax cuts.

I'd rather have no ObamaCare, but since your  GOPe keeps funding it, I'd prefer that it is paid for now, and not paid for by my kids.

Are you for deficit spending?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 06:54:16 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline musiclady

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2015, 06:55:51 pm »

Like funding Planned Parenthood and the butchery and sale of infants!!!!!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2015, 07:00:52 pm »
Like funding Planned Parenthood and the butchery and sale of infants!!!!!

We have no representation on this moral issue. None.  Democrats along with republicans are complicit in cheapening life.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2015, 07:10:00 pm »
We have no representation on this moral issue. None.  Democrats along with republicans are complicit in cheapening life.

As you may know, this issue is far more important to me than any financial issue, and after what has been revealed about the butchery of human beings by Planned Parenthood, Republicans' deciding to fully fund this evil organization is nauseating.

You are completely right.  NO one in Washington represents the life of the unborn, or any of us who recognize what this mass slaughter means for the future of America.

I am disgusted.  And furious............... 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Carling

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2015, 07:18:28 pm »
As you may know, this issue is far more important to me than any financial issue, and after what has been revealed about the butchery of human beings by Planned Parenthood, Republicans' deciding to fully fund this evil organization is nauseating.

You are completely right.  NO one in Washington represents the life of the unborn, or any of us who recognize what this mass slaughter means for the future of America.

I am disgusted.  And furious...............

Maybe you can see now the intrigue of Trump.  It's not about liking him, but rather liking his message.  I'm 100% for Cruz, but I appreciate what Trump has brought to the debate, and after this GOPe bill, it's kind of hard for anyone to call Trump a closet Democrat when the GOPe just handed Obama everything he wanted, including adding to the debt by delaying ObanaCare tax hikes which are written into the law for 2016 until 2017.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 07:19:04 pm by Carling »

Offline flowers

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2015, 07:22:52 pm »
Statement by U.S. Senator Mike Lee on Omnibus Bill's Legal Protection of Social Media Companies

If you use Facebook- and that's everyone who sees this post - then your relationship with Facebook will be redefined by the government if the ‪Omnibus‬ spending bill before the Senate is passed into law.

Tomorrow we are scheduled to vote on a 2,000 page spending bill to fund the government through the end of next year. It was crafted in a back-room deal with almost no input from most members of Congress. Because of the "must-pass" nature of the bill, those in the room air-dropped controversial cybersecurity legislation into the bill, hoping no one would object.

If this bill passes, you will no longer have the ability to sue a company like Facebook if they share your personal data in a "grossly negligent" manner. In the past with bills like SOPA, PIPA, and CISPA, when the government tried to strong-arm companies into hostile relationships with their end users, Americans have spoken up to give the companies the encouragement they need to oppose these bills. Those familiar with the fate of these previous proposals know that they never became law. The online community that can be mobilized to protect the carefully balanced relationship of trust that exists between tech companies and their users is strong enough to stop these kinds of bills when the online community chooses to engage.

This is a proposal that benefits big government first by giving the government access to your personal information that you have shared in confidence with private companies like Facebook. The proposal also helps companies like Facebook by eliminating the legal risk to them for sharing the information. This proposal hurts the end user of Facebook's products by dramatically undermining the privacy of Facebook users through government fiat.

Because this proposal puts Facebook in a difficult position where the law is good for Facebook the company but terrible for Facebook the community, Facebook needs to know that you, the users of Facebook, support them in fighting for your privacy against an intrusive government.

For this reason, I am letting Mark Zuckerberg know that as a United States Senator representing the good people of Utah that I have read this legislation, and I oppose it. We can do better when it comes to protecting the privacy of Americans as we continue to place more and more of our trust in innovative companies like Facebook. I hope you will join me in bringing this issue to Mark Zuckerberg's attention and also to the attention of your friends and family by sharing this post.

We still have at least twenty-four hours before we vote on this bill. In the past, the Facebook community that follows my page has been able to reach almost 100 million people. Smaller online protests have stopped previous invasive cybersecurity proposals in their tracks. However, in the past Americans have had longer than twenty-four hours to mobilize opposition to these kinds of proposals. I hope you will join me in this effort before we run out of time.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2015, 07:23:39 pm »
Maybe you can see now the intrigue of Trump.  It's not about liking him, but rather liking his message.  I'm 100% for Cruz, but I appreciate what Trump has brought to the debate, and after this GOPe bill, it's kind of hard for anyone to call Trump a closet Democrat when the GOPe just handed Obama everything he wanted, including adding to the debt by delaying ObanaCare tax hikes which are written into the law for 2016 until 2017.

If nothing else, I want someone that frightens the Hell out of the establishment, someone who pisses them off then turns around and does it on their head.  Just give me someone who will fight this disease that sets us on a path of degradation to destruction.  We are compromising our country into oblivion.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 07:24:39 pm by Scottftlc »

...Bob Dylan

Offline Longiron

« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2015, 07:31:16 pm »
Hey TRUMP haters may be he is starting to look a little better???? The RINOGOPe and their candidates are not going to change anything???.  :patriot: :seeya:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2015, 07:34:22 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/263589-ryan-promises-vote-to-roll-back-obamacare-next-month

Ryan promises vote next month to roll back ObamaCare

By Sarah Ferris - 12/17/15 12:22 PM EST

Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said Thursday that House members will vote on a rollback of ObamaCare as one of their first acts of 2016.

“When we return in January, the House will put an ObamaCare repeal bill on the floor and pass it and put it on the president’s desk,” Ryan told reporters Thursday. “We are going to keep working to give families relief from this law while we work to dismantle and replace it altogether."

The vote on the legislation, which has already passed the Senate, will set up a veto battle with the White House just ahead of the State of the Union address.

After its passage, President Obama would have 10 days to veto the bill. Lawmakers' vote to override Obama’s veto is doomed to fail and would take place on Jan. 26, The Associated Press reported Thursday.

The bill is the product of months of work by GOP chairmen in both chambers to repeal as much of ObamaCare as possible through an obscure budget process known as reconciliation.

Reconciliation, which can only be done when one party controls both chambers, allows Republicans to send a bill intended to dismantle ObamaCare to the president’s desk for the first time. Unlike other legislation, a reconciliation bill can be passed with just 51 votes in the Senate.

While the bill does not fully repeal the law, it would eliminate the most significant pieces, including requirements for everyone to buy health insurance and most businesses to offer it.

The bill would also defund Planned Parenthood, a measure that has been long sought by anti-abortion advocates after a string of viral videos targeting the organization surfaced this summer.

When asked Thursday why the government spending bill does not defund Planned Parenthood, Ryan said the only way to get the bill to the president's desk is through reconciliation, which limits what types of provisions can be included in the bill.

“It’s the vehicle we chose long ago. We knew we couldn’t get it to the Senate any other way,” he said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2015, 07:35:37 pm »
So much for controlling both Houses...might as well have Pelosi and Reid back in charge.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Carling

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2015, 07:41:16 pm »
So much for controlling both Houses...might as well have Pelosi and Reid back in charge.

So Ryan helps the Dems and hurts our children by rewriting a key part of the ACA and funding it for next year by deficit spending, and the next day has the audacity to say he's going to repeal it in January? 

How stupid does the GOPe think we are?

Offline flowers

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2015, 07:47:34 pm »
So Ryan helps the Dems and hurts our children by rewriting a key part of the ACA and funding it for next year by deficit spending, and the next day has the audacity to say he's going to repeal it in January? 

How stupid does the GOPe think we are?
Extremely stupid. They have been getting away with this crap for decades. Sadly obama and his ilk may have the votes to get hil in by Nov 2016.