Author Topic: LUTHER....on Netflix  (Read 944 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
LUTHER....on Netflix
« on: December 15, 2015, 11:28:14 pm »
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1474684/

A crime drama series starring Idris Elba as John Luther...a near-genius murder detective whose brilliant mind can't always save him from the dangerous violence of his passions.

Three seasons.  1 = 6 episodes, 2 & 3 have 4 episodes.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Just kept getting better and better.   #5 and #6 of Season 1 are MUST SEE!

Love these British detective series! 

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: LUTHER....on Netflix
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 11:29:40 pm »
I have seen all the seasons, it is outstanding. The actor is signed to a U.S. series now as I understand it.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 11:35:01 pm »
Agree about British police procedurals, as they are called. I watch as many as I can get via Netflix and Amazon.

Elba is a really good actor, too.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 12:02:26 am »
I have seen all the seasons, it is outstanding. The actor is signed to a U.S. series now as I understand it.

That's great to hear.  Elba is amazing in the role.

Thought 'Alice', Ruth Wilson, who is the co-star in The Affair, added a helluva twist, didn't she?

And what kind of a stage name is "Ruth Wilson"?   Especially being a redhead.   ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 12:04:08 am »
Agree about British police procedurals, as they are called. I watch as many as I can get via Netflix and Amazon.

Elba is a really good actor, too.

LOL!  So glad you've seen it.   Doesn't surprise me at all, T_S!   :beer:

Have you seen Legends?  Loved that one, too.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 12:12:39 am »
That's great to hear.  Elba is amazing in the role.

Thought 'Alice', Ruth Wilson, who is the co-star in The Affair, added a helluva twist, didn't she?

And what kind of a stage name is "Ruth Wilson"?   Especially being a redhead.   ^-^

Yes, she was a nasty one!
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 04:28:32 am »
I'll check it out thanx for the tip DC.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2015, 11:51:37 am »
I'll check it out thanx for the tip DC.

:beer:

....while watching it alone, more than once I yelled, to nobody..."HOLY CRAP!!"    ^-^

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2015, 10:41:56 pm »
Okay...just completed Season 2.

One thing that bugs me a bit is the sadistic nature of the perps. And the graphic perverted violence.

If this is a realistic portrayal...then it's no wonder so many police officers commit suicide.

That said, can't wait to start Season 3.   :shrug:

PS:  And how is it that the detectives don't seem to carry firearms?   

Watching the series, you cannot help but wonder how an advanced society can allow their police to not open carry.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 10:43:46 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2015, 11:01:04 pm »
Okay...just completed Season 2.

One thing that bugs me a bit is the sadistic nature of the perps. And the graphic perverted violence.

If this is a realistic portrayal...then it's no wonder so many police officers commit suicide.

That said, can't wait to start Season 3.   :shrug:

PS:  And how is it that the detectives don't seem to carry firearms?   

Watching the series, you cannot help but wonder how an advanced society can allow their police to not open carry.

Considering that their enemy is probably carrying.  I've watched the first season of Luther and loved it - going to start season two soon. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!