Author Topic: Trump Is Going To Break Your Heart.... Kurt Schlichter  (Read 2671 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Is Going To Break Your Heart.... Kurt Schlichter
« on: December 14, 2015, 05:29:48 pm »
http://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2015/12/14/trump-is-going-to-break-your-heart-n2092525

Trump Is Going To Break Your Heart
Kurt Schlichter
12/14/2015 12:01:00 AM

As a young man, I learned that sometimes that hot chick you're dating is also completely crazy and, as much fun as it is to go out with her, it's going to end badly. That's Donald Trump, the super hottie of the "I Hate the GOP Establishment with a Burning Passion That Has Rendered Me Insusceptible to Reason" crew. He's sexy, he likes to party, and he certainly puts out – in the sense that he fulfills your fantasies about giving it to the RINOs good and hard.

That intensely troubling metaphor aside, the point is still valid. Donald Trump is not a keeper, not the one you want to marry. He’s never going to make you happy. For now, he's going to say what makes you happy, and for now he's going to make a lot of the right people go nuts, but if you get hitched he’ll cheat on you with the liberals. At the end of the day, you’ll walk out of the courtroom wearing a barrel while Trump and the pool boy jet off to Tahiti on your dime.

Figuratively.

I get the attraction. He ticks off Barack Obama, he outrages Hillary Clinton, and he gives Jeb Bush conniptions. This is all fine and good. He often says the stuff you’re not supposed to say but that most normal people think. Sometimes he says stuff no sane person thinks. He’s fun at parties, except that after he has a few and puts the lampshade on his head he stops being amusing and starts picking fights with your friends.

Look, on the Playboy centerfold list of turn-ons of every true conservative, making mainstream media dorks spasm like roaches after a spritz of Raid is right up there with long walks and sincere people. And it’s even better since they have to have to cover him because they need his ratings, and so they must talk about him endlessly even though it makes them want to die. And anybody who makes mainstream media people want to die can't be all bad.

Pretend I’m your buddy and we’re at a bar and I’m the guy who, among your friends, drew the short straw and has to tell you that your girlfriend is the antichrist. And, Trump people, I am your friend. You, by and large, aren’t traditional conservatives like I am, but you’re hard-working, loyal patriots, veterans and cops, the people who defended this country and who built it regardless of what that fool in the White House says. We agree on much more than we disagree on, and if I was back in a foxhole I’d choose one of you as a battle buddy any day over those simpering GOPe femboys or, heaven forbid, some safe space-dwelling liberal.

But I gotta be straight with you – Trump’s bad news, and everyone else sees it. He’s using you, and he’s going to toss you away when he’s done and never look back. Break it off before it’s too late – this is just a fling, and if it keeps up one day you're going to find your wallet missing and probably your car too. And you’ll wake up with a political rash.

Donald Trump is out for one thing, Donald Trump's personal aggrandizement. He cares nothing about you. He cares nothing about your aspirations and dreams. Don't misunderstand him when he pays attention to you. He's just trying to get what he wants from you, an earthshattering ego stroke.

Trump believes in nothing, which is why he will say anything. That’s why he's all over the map, varying his positions not only year-to-year, month-to-month, week-to-week, but even hour-to-hour. First he wants to send all Mexicans home, then maybe not all Mexicans, then yes, all Mexicans, then no, not the great ones. The same with Muslims. One minute it's every Muslim gets excluded, then the next minute no, we're going to let some of them back. Who knows what will be tomorrow. I do – whatever gets him the most attention.

When he dumps you, when he goes back to the New York liberal roots that are at the core of his being and starts talking about how he’s decided to switch back to his old positions, that it’s reasonable to take your guns, to liberalize immigration, and to keep Obamacare, you're going to feel like fools. You're going to be humiliated. And the GOP establishment, which is terrible, is going to be looking at you saying, “I told you so.”

You can do better. The failures of the Republican donor and consultant class created Donald Trump. They made you furious, and you have every right to be furious. They have treated you like dirt and it’s no surprise you picked up The Donald on the rebound. But the answer to being treated like a doormat by a bunch of buttoned-down twits is not to embrace somebody who believes in exactly nothing of what you believe in. You can totally do better. There are plenty of fish in the sea, and they aren’t all named Jeb.

Trump doesn't want to make America great. He doesn’t want to make you great. He wants to make you tell him that he's great. He doesn't love you, any more than the stripper in the Champagne Room loves you when you’ve still got money in your wallet.

Sure, that's another deeply disturbing image, but not as deeply disturbing as the image of Donald Trump taking his ego trip on the road in a third-party or otherwise ensuring the election of Hillary Clinton. Just like a gold-digging tramp might leave you with a little something that all the antibiotics in the world can't cure, Donald Trump may leave you with Hillary Clinton, and that means the end of everything you say you stand for.

Don't give Donald Trump your heart. He's only going to break it.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GAJohnnie

Re: Trump Is Going To Break Your Heart.... Kurt Schlichter
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 05:35:42 pm »
I Hate the GOP Establishment with a Burning Passion That Has Rendered Me Insusceptible to Reason

No the GOP Establishment for the last 15 years have given us no reason to trust them. This author suffers from the "Batter wife" syndrome. He believes that despite decades of betray, that "this time the GOPE has really changed". That blind faith in the GOPe is a clear indication he has become "insusceptible to reason".

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 05:46:25 pm »
If you put faith in any politician that they would 'break your heart', you need to reevaluate how you look at politics. There is no savior, no 'our only hope', no 'the one' (or 'the other one'). At least with how Conservatism and Libertarianism should work, that would be the antithesis of their philosophy.

One of the big problems I've seen over the past decades isn't the so called 'e', it is the so-called Conservative citizen looking for 'someone from the government who is here to help' and putting all their faith and future in that.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 05:47:45 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 05:48:04 pm »
I Hate the GOP Establishment with a Burning Passion That Has Rendered Me Insusceptible to Reason

No the GOP Establishment for the last 15 years have given us no reason to trust them. This author suffers from the "Batter wife" syndrome. He believes that despite decades of betray, that "this time the GOPE has really changed". That blind faith in the GOPe is a clear indication he has become "insusceptible to reason".

This is about Trump, not the "GOPe".

And it is spot on. 

Donald Trump is out for one thing, Donald Trump's personal aggrandizement. He cares nothing about you. He cares nothing about your aspirations and dreams. Don't misunderstand him when he pays attention to you. He's just trying to get what he wants from you, an earthshattering ego stroke
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 05:49:10 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 05:50:51 pm »

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 05:56:37 pm »
If you put faith in any politician that they would 'break your heart', you need to reevaluate how you look at politics. There is no savior, no 'our only hope', no 'the one' (or 'the other one'). At least with how Conservatism and Libertarianism should work, that would be the antithesis of their philosophy.

One of the big problems I've seen over the past decades isn't the so called 'e', it is the so-called Conservative citizen looking for 'someone from the government who is here to help' and putting all their faith and future in that.

Actually this is the mindset that got us here. This notion that you can "drop out of it" You maybe willing to leave the Left alone and just live in peace with them, the Left has no desire to either live in peace or leave you alone 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 05:56:44 pm »
Hope you all are listening to Rush..if there was ever any doubt[not from me] on who he supports..he is dissing Trump for attacking Cruz
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 06:01:34 pm »
Actually this is the mindset that got us here. This notion that you can "drop out of it" You maybe willing to leave the Left alone and just live in peace with them, the Left has no desire to either live in peace or leave you alone

The point isn't 'dropping out' but putting faith in someone who will enforce you want through legislation, continuing to grow government and dependence on it. It has allowed all aspects of our lives to have government involvement. We don't look for candidates who will reduce government and increase liberty but instead, we put our faith in politicians promising to grow government and do more and more and more...

Offline ABX

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 06:05:07 pm »
Hope you all are listening to Rush..if there was ever any doubt[not from me] on who he supports..he is dissing Trump for attacking Cruz

Yep, and I'm just asking 'where have you been Rush'. This has always been :baghead:'s personality. He'll change his position and alliance at the drop of a hat if something challenges him or if he stops getting the attention he craves. It is like an early episode of the Simpson when Bart Simpson was little, walking around hitting a pot with a spoon screaming 'pay attention to me'.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2015, 06:30:38 pm »

Everything is about "GOPe" 24/7/365 obsessively. EVERYTHING. And the democrats are loving it.

We have people on THIS SITE, that have stated they would vote for Hillary. And it wouldn't surprise me one bit, if that poster (or those posters) is/are actually an operative(s) for democrat interests, sent here and using methods designed to foment dissent.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 06:38:38 pm »
I love the writing - very witty.

And, I think Schlichter is correct.  Conservationism isn't a long-held core value for Mr. Trump.  It just isn't.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2015, 06:43:16 pm »
I like the analogy in this article.

Once upon a time, this beautiful young lady came into the small town where I live. She had a boyfriend at the time, but eventually she dumped him. She actually showed some interest in me, but I had this strange feeling that it wasn't right, so I never took her seriously. My hunch was right. We remain friendly, but without getting into too much detail, it turned out that pursuing a relationship with her would have been a huge mistake.

The analogy to Trump is perfect: he's wooing the base, saying everything it wants to hear, but deep down there's this sense that that something is amiss, and that eventually it's all going to implode.

The worst part of it all is that those of us with good judgment often find it extremely difficult to find partners willing to pursue relationships. That goes with my luck with women, and conservatives' luck with finding a viable Presidential candidate.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2015, 06:55:16 pm »
Everything is about "GOPe" 24/7/365 obsessively. EVERYTHING. And the democrats are loving it.

We have people on THIS SITE, that have stated they would vote for Hillary. And it wouldn't surprise me one bit, if that poster (or those posters) is/are actually an operative(s) for democrat interests, sent here and using methods designed to foment dissent.

Ah yes the STANDARD Leftist attack tactic. Cannot argue the facts, attack the posters. And you wonder why you lose election after election?

Because you refuse to look at the real problem. In 2010 and 2014 the GOP won massively by hitching their wagon to the Tea Party then went to DC and betrayed every single promise they made to their voters. Until some of you quit placing this blind faith in the GOPE election after election,  and start seeing their very real failures, you are never going to fix this problem.

Instead of placing your hands over your ears screaming "no-no-no" because you don't like the truth, embrace the truth and figure out how to fix the problem.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2015, 06:59:26 pm »

And it is spot on.

super hottie of the "I Hate the GOP Establishment with a Burning Passion That Has Rendered Me Insusceptible to Reason" crew.

From the article. Next time try reading the article before you post a reply. You will look less foolish that way.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2015, 07:01:01 pm »

Odd that a self proclaimed "truth seeker" is so desperately afraid to look at the truth. If you are looking for potential Hillary voters here to do nothing but disrupt the discussion, I suggest you look closely at the posting history of your friend Sink here.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2015, 07:04:02 pm »
Ah yes the STANDARD Leftist attack tactic. Cannot argue the facts, attack the posters. And you wonder why you lose election after election?

Because you refuse to look at the real problem. In 2010 and 2014 the GOP won massively by hitching their wagon to the Tea Party then went to DC and betrayed every single promise they made to their voters. Until some of you quit placing this blind faith in the GOPE election after election,  and start seeing their very real failures, you are never going to fix this problem.

Instead of placing your hands over your ears screaming "no-no-no" because you don't like the truth, embrace the truth and figure out how to fix the problem.

Well said and spot on correct!  :beer:  :beer:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2015, 07:17:56 pm »

It's about time, Rush!  All I've heard from him is praise for Trump, and it's made me doubt, for the first time in several decades, Rush's conservative principles.

Hope that phase is over.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2015, 07:18:51 pm »
I love the writing - very witty.

And, I think Schlichter is correct.  Conservationism isn't a long-held core value for Mr. Trump.  It just isn't.

Correct.

The article is clever, and spot on.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2015, 07:21:06 pm »
It's about time, Rush!  All I've heard from him is praise for Trump, and it's made me doubt, for the first time in several decades, Rush's conservative principles.

Hope that phase is over.......

IMHO Rush hasn't changed a bit except for the fact that he is just as tired of being patronized and lied to by the establishment as the rest of us!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2015, 10:49:31 pm »
IMHO Rush hasn't changed a bit except for the fact that he is just as tired of being patronized and lied to by the establishment as the rest of us!

I suppose that's a possibility, but he's always had a very clear policy of not endorsing any candidate in the primary, and this year it's been different.  While he says he's not endorsed Trump, he spends hour after hour singing his praises, and that feels a lot like an endorsement.

My sense is that he's just thrilled that a candidate is finally as loud and cocky as he is, and who obliterates the media, and that's why he talks about Trump all the time.  My problem is that he hasn't spent nearly enough time talking about Trump's abject lack of conservatism prior to this election cycle, and that's unusual for him.  Since conservatism is what he's about, I don't get why he's giving Donald a pass on supporting single payer health care, eminent domain, and a whole host of other liberal policies Trump supports.

Offline evadR

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2015, 11:10:43 pm »

P R E C I S E L Y.
I will never allow this motley bunch to "Lucy and the Football" me again.

It is all absolutely about the GOPe. If there were no GOPe, there would be no Trump.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2015, 12:53:18 am »
P R E C I S E L Y.
I will never allow this motley bunch to "Lucy and the Football" me again.

It is all absolutely about the GOPe. If there were no GOPe, there would be no Trump.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2015, 02:43:24 am »
Donald Trump may be a bloviatin' SOB, or whatever.

But the reality is that this time around he's OUR SOB, and quite possibly the only candidate who can "bloviate hard enough" to blow Hillary right over.

I don't see any of the others with the horsepower to overtake her thighness.

That includes Ted Cruz, who I admire, but as I wrote yesterday -- Clinton v. Cruz in 2016 will be a reprise of Johnson v. Goldwater in 1964.

Hold onto your hats, folks.
The campaign crosswinds are gonna be pickin' up!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2015, 02:46:22 am »
Donald Trump may be a bloviatin' SOB, or whatever.

But the reality is that this time around he's OUR SOB, and quite possibly the only candidate who can "bloviate hard enough" to blow Hillary right over.

I don't see any of the others with the horsepower to overtake her thighness.

That includes Ted Cruz, who I admire, but as I wrote yesterday -- Clinton v. Cruz in 2016 will be a reprise of Johnson v. Goldwater in 1964.

Hold onto your hats, folks.
The campaign crosswinds are gonna be pickin' up!

Then why does Trump lose to Hillary by ten points in the most recent poll?  Trump lives and dies by polls.

Trump can't beat Hillary.  Cruz would have trouble.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.