Author Topic: Ted Cruz isn't just surging — he's winning  (Read 5976 times)

Offline GAJohnnie

Re: Ted Cruz isn't just surging — he's winning
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2015, 07:19:19 pm »
https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2015/12/five-reasons-why-the-ted-cruz-surge-is-for-real

So how soon before we start reading articles about how the GOPe is mending fences with Trump to "Stop Cruz's surge".?

:silly:

The silliness of the "Primary season" knows no bounds. Hey GOPe, Karma's a ......
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 07:19:50 pm by GAJohnnie »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2015, 07:19:50 pm »
I'm just poking fun, at the level of our discourse, here.

Got it.

And yes, good call.  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2015, 07:24:56 pm »
I don't know that but TRUMP loves this country and if CRUZ gets it I do not think he will do that but JMO. However, how do you know CRUZ does not do 3rd party? What happens if he wins the Primary gets to the Pubbie luv festival of RINOS and they screw TC and bring in RUBIO or Bushie somehow??? Does that mean TC is ok with losing ? TC is hated by the RINOGOPe BUT they FEAR TRUMP and TRUMP is just using Leverage BUT he is not predictable and that is a good thing. TC is more PREDICTABLE because he is a politician and before you all start considering TRUMP is done please look below? IMO CRUZ would make a great POTUS and will support him 100% but for now TRUMP can make this country great and SAFE again. :patriot:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/14/poll-donald-trump-leading-iowa-carson-sinks/

I think a lot of Conservatives might want to reconsider this need to tear down Trump. Thanks to Trump moving the Overton Window back away from where the Leftist media has been pushing it for decades, a "President Cruz" rather then a "Former GOP Presidential Nominee Jeb Bush" is a real possibility in 2016.

The Overton window, also known as the window of discourse, is the range of ideas the public will accept. It is used by media pundits.[1][2] The term is derived from its originator, Joseph P. Overton (1960–2003),[3] a former vice president of the Mackinac Center for Public Policy,[4] who in his description of his eponymous window claimed that an idea's political viability depends mainly on whether it falls within the window, rather than on politicians' individual preferences.[5] According to Overton's description, his window includes a range of policies considered politically acceptable in the current climate of public opinion, which a politician can recommend without being considered too extreme to gain or keep public office.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2015, 07:28:35 pm »
I think a lot of Conservatives might want to reconsider this need to tear down Trump. Thanks to Trump moving the Overton Window back away from where the Leftist media has been pushing it for decades, a "President Cruz" rather then a "Former GOP Presidential Nominee Jeb Bush" is a real possibility in 2016.

The Overton window, also known as the window of discourse, is the range of ideas the public will accept. It is used by media pundits.[1][2] The term is derived from its originator, Joseph P. Overton (1960–2003),[3] a former vice president of the Mackinac Center for Public Policy,[4] who in his description of his eponymous window claimed that an idea's political viability depends mainly on whether it falls within the window, rather than on politicians' individual preferences.[5] According to Overton's description, his window includes a range of policies considered politically acceptable in the current climate of public opinion, which a politician can recommend without being considered too extreme to gain or keep public office.

Trump is definitely expanding the window.  Or, showing how wide the window is, despite the left's efforts to define it very narrowly.

And, don't mistake supporting Cruz as an effort to tear down Trump. 

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2015, 07:38:06 pm »
A lot can happen before Iowa.  I hope neither Trump nor Cruz is destroyed, as I would like to see those two as the last two standing.  They both need to be campaigning at top speed now to narrow the field considerably. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2015, 07:44:36 pm »

There is not just a single window. There are a variety of windows, for different groups.

The windows of "politically acceptable" ideas for conservatives, independents, democrats are not the same.

Instead of "windows" which suggest squares or rectangles, the idea was put forth previously as a Venn diagram, or set diagram, or logic diagram.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venn_diagram

The overriding priority should be to make the area (number of voters) larger for the center-right window or circle.

Part of that task involves finding shared ideas, goals, interests, etc. That in turn involves converting, persuading, voters.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2015, 10:39:33 pm »
A lot can happen before Iowa.  I hope neither Trump nor Cruz is destroyed, as I would like to see those two as the last two standing.  They both need to be campaigning at top speed now to narrow the field considerably.

From my personal crystal ball:    Cruz wins Iowa.  The most socially conservative candidate typically does (just ask President Santorum and President Huckabee).  Trump wins New Hampshire.

November 2016:  Iowa goes to Hillary; New Hampshire goes to Trump.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2015, 10:43:17 pm »
From my personal crystal ball:    Cruz wins Iowa.  The most socially conservative candidate typically does (just ask President Santorum and President Huckabee).  Trump wins New Hampshire.

November 2016:  Iowa goes to Hillary; New Hampshire goes to Trump.

I think you're right.  I'm hoping in November 2016, that New Hampshire goes to Trump/Cruz.

:patriot:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2015, 10:47:28 pm »
And if Cruz continues to surge (he likely will), this will anger Trump and he will be scouring for a wedge to use against Cruz.

I predict that wedge will be Cruz's former Canadian citizenship.  Trump will argue Cruz is not eligible for the presidency because he's not natural born. 

It won't work, but that's about all he's got left.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2015, 10:48:51 pm »
Trump is definitely expanding the window.  Or, showing how wide the window is, despite the left's efforts to define it very narrowly.

And, don't mistake supporting Cruz as an effort to tear down Trump.

I think he made the other candidates tougher also, which is a good thing.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2015, 11:15:03 pm »

I think Trump has been a lifeboat for a titanic Republican party.  He's actually been taking a lot of heat, deflecting a lot of heat from the other candidates.  Giving them more time to find their footing (and still, most of them can't  **nononono* ). 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2015, 11:46:38 pm »
I think Trump has been a lifeboat for a titanic Republican party.  He's actually been taking a lot of heat, deflecting a lot of heat from the other candidates.  Giving them more time to find their footing (and still, most of them can't  **nononono* ). 

Oh, for God's sake. Trump has done nothing for the Republican party.  He's turned off women, Hispanics, Muslims, he sucks all the media oxygen out of the news cycles so that the other candidates can't get a word in edgewise.

We would be having a much more robust policy debate if Trump were back to bankrupting his companies; instead, we're watching him mock handicapped people, lie about seeing thousands of Muslims celebrating in New Jersey and wanting shut the door on Muslims. 

Hopefully we'll be rid of this demagogue in a month or two.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2015, 12:27:41 am »

Amen to that!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2015, 12:51:34 am »

Good observation, but we have only been in the pre-pre-pre campaign phase. There will be plenty of chance for the other candidates to get heat.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2015, 12:53:46 am »
Good observation, but we have only been in the pre-pre-pre campaign phase. There will be plenty of chance for the other candidates to get heat.

Very true and I hope they will be ready because I think the left will really turn on the heat this time.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2015, 02:25:19 am »
Oh, for God's sake. Trump has done nothing for the Republican party.  He's turned off women, Hispanics, Muslims, he sucks all the media oxygen out of the news cycles so that the other candidates can't get a word in edgewise.

We would be having a much more robust policy debate if Trump were back to bankrupting his companies; instead, we're watching him mock handicapped people, lie about seeing thousands of Muslims celebrating in New Jersey and wanting shut the door on Muslims. 

Your hatred for Trump knows no bounds.

Trump's impact on the GOP debates alone earns Trump a plaque in RNC headquarter's lobby, for quadrupling interest in the GOP presidential field and exposing the GOP's conservative principles to more people then they could have without Trump being on stage.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 02:30:56 am by aligncare »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2015, 02:33:04 am »
Your hatred for Trump knows no bounds.

Trump's impact on the GOP debates alone earns Trump a plaque in RNC headquarter's lobby, for quadrupling interest in the GOP presidential field and exposing the GOP's conservative principles to more people then they could have without Trump being on stage.

Trump is a sick joke, aligncare.  You hitched your wagon to a nutjob.

Cruz is on the ascendancy.  I don't like him, but I'll back his effort to win over Trump.

Your boy is going to get very nasty against Ted Cruz in the coming weeks.  Saying he's ineligible because he was born in Canada. It's BS, but it's all Trump's got left.

And Cruz is going to kill him with kindness all the way, which will make the Orangutan even madder.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2015, 02:34:32 am »
Trump is a sick joke, aligncare.  You hitched your wagon to a nutjob.

Cruz is on the ascendancy.  I don't like him, but I'll back his effort to win over Trump.

Your boy is going to get very nasty against Ted Cruz in the coming weeks.  Saying he's ineligible because he was born in Canada. It's BS, but it's all Trump's got left.

And Cruz is going to kill him with kindness all the way, which will make the Orangutan even madder.

Ahhhh, your mother wears army boots..... ^-^

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2015, 02:35:32 am »
I think you're right.  I'm hoping in November 2016, that New Hampshire goes to Trump/Cruz.

:patriot:

That would be a great ticket, but it has to be Cruz as number 2.  Cruz as number 1 will not win a national election.  (IMHO  :laugh: )

Offline Carling

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2015, 02:36:00 am »

Trump shined a light for many of us on how squishy, out of touch, and ineffective the establishment GOP party really is at present.  For that I thank him.  Watching the sudden fall of the GOPe in the eyes of their voters has been unlike any primary season I've witnessed.  The extreme anger of the GOPe supporters, which really has only served to lower their own candidates' polling numbers and make them largely irrelevant, has been interesting to observe as well.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 02:36:59 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2015, 02:40:33 am »
Trump shined a light for many of us on how squishy, out of touch, and ineffective the establishment GOP party really is at present.  For that I thank him.  Watching the sudden fall of the GOPe in the eyes of their voters has been unlike any primary season I've witnessed.  The extreme anger of the GOPe supporters, which really has only served to lower their own candidates' polling numbers and make them largely irrelevant, has been interesting to observe as well.

If the GOPe had to get behind Ted Cruz, they would.  They wouldn't like it, but they would.

I'm not convinced most Republicans would get behind Trump.  The RNC would likely force him to fund his campaign completely, not even giving him any ad money.

We're not going to have to worry about that, though.  Trump is about to go through his Carson phase, dropping like a rock because his star is fading..........

« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2015, 02:41:44 am »

Okay, we've got your Christmas wish.   ^-^

Who's your replacement?  Who's going to bring a smile to the heart of our wonderful Sinkspur?  And, no, Sink, "anyone else" is not an answer.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2015, 02:44:00 am »
Okay, we've got your Christmas wish.   ^-^

Who's your replacement?  Who's going to bring a smile to the heart of our wonderful Sinkspur?  And, no, Sink, "anyone else" is not an answer.

Marco Rubio is my guy. But, pretty much "anyone else" is somebody I could vote for.

I would NEVER vote for Donald Trump in a primary or a general.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2015, 02:46:07 am »

Exactly!  And my hope is that the silent majority comes out in droves instead of staying home because maybe Trump has opened their eyes..

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2015, 02:48:16 am »
Marco Rubio is my guy.

Got it.   :facepalm2:

Thanks for the missing piece to the puzzle that was Sink.