Author Topic: Lindsey Graham denounces GOP base voters for 'visceral...almost irrational' dislike of Obama  (Read 4190 times)

rangerrebew

December 13, 2015
Lindsey Graham denounces GOP base voters for 'visceral...almost irrational' dislike of Obama
By Thomas Lifson

Madness has gripped a segment of the Republican Party that embraces a war on its own voters as unworthy.  Instead of blaming himself for a presidential campaign mired at the one percent level of support, failing to make a ripple even in his home state of South Carolina, Senator Lindsey Graham blames the GOP voters who are too driven by irrational, probably racist beliefs. Caitlin Yilek of The Hill reports:

Republican presidential candidate Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) says GOP front-runner Donald Trump is doing so well in the polls because nearly half of Republican primary voters think President Obama is a Kenyan-born Muslim.

“Well there’s about 40 percent of the Republican primary voter who believes that Obama was born in Kenya and is a Muslim,” Graham told Boston Herald Radio on Friday, according to BuzzFeed News.

“There’s just a dislike for President Obama that is visceral. It’s almost irrational,” Graham added.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/12/lindsey_graham_denounces_gop_base_voters_for_visceralalmost_irrational_dislike_of_obama.html#ixzz3uCyEvEUk
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

rangerrebew

Now THIS is an example of how a person who considers himself presidential material loses voter support.  Only an intelligence challenged person would assail his potential voters for their dislike for the worst president of all time.  10631
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 01:50:46 pm by rangerrebew »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Come on, Lindsey....not all of us have been caught munching a pillow!    :whistle:

Time for you to leave!  You're "...not who we are!".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

Graham's done in the presidential race.

But there are a lot of crazies in the GOP.  This whole birther thing is a perfect example of it.

"Thousands and thousands of Muslims" is another.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 01:53:10 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline libertybele

Now THIS is an example of how a person who considers himself presidential material loses voter support.  Only an intelligence challenged person would assail his potential voters for their dislike for the worst president of all time.  10631

:amen:  How more out of touch with reality can you get? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

How more out of touch with reality can you get?

He's lashing out...throwing a tantrum.

All this could be avoided in two words:   Term limits.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

All this could be avoided in two words:   Term limits

:thumbsup3:

rangerrebew

All this could be avoided in two words:   Term limits.

The framers considered scheduled votes as an easy way to limit terms.  Unfortunately, name recognition now plays a bigger part in elections than policy. :vote:

Offline sinkspur

What's funny about those who demand term limits is that they want the law to do what they can't do in elections.

Online DCPatriot

What's funny about those who demand term limits is that they want the law to do what they can't do in elections.

That's true, Sink.

But as Ranger pointed out....too many people treat elections like American Idol and go with the familiar name. 

Offline sinkspur

That's true, Sink.

But as Ranger pointed out....too many people treat elections like American Idol and go with the familiar name.

You mean like........Trump?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Come on, Lindsey....not all of us have been caught munching a pillow!    :whistle:

Time for you to leave!  You're "...not who we are!".

:laugh:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
It's the disease that comes from too much time spent in the elite, cloistered, aristocratic U.S. senate. 
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Carling

Nothing new here.  The GOPe hates their "crazies" more than they hate Oba or HRC.  There is daily evidence of this on TBR.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online mountaineer

It's the disease that comes from too much time spent in the elite, cloistered, aristocratic U.S. senate.
Completely out of touch with the electorate.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Lindsey who?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

Nothing new here.  The GOPe hates their "crazies" more than they hate Oba or HRC.  There is daily evidence of this on TBR.

There isn't a single person here on TBR who hates 'crazies' more than they hate Obama or Hillary.

Not ONE.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 11:34:54 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Carling

There isn't a single person here on TBR who hates 'crazies' more than they hate Obama or Hillary.

Not ONE.

I'm not convinced.  I've seen posters here say they will vote for HRC if a Cruz or a Trump in the nominee.

Offline sinkspur

I'm not convinced.  I've seen posters here say they will vote for HRC if a Cruz or a Trump in the nominee.

There is one poster who has said he will vote for HRC if Trump is NOT the nominee.

Offline Carling

There is one poster who has said he will vote for HRC if Trump is NOT the nominee.

Well that's neat.  What that has to do with my post in response to musiclady's false claim only you know, Mr. TDS. 

Are you going to answer my PM, or are you going to continue to run away from your stances?

Offline sinkspur

Well that's neat.  What that has to do with my post in response to musiclady's false claim only you know, Mr. TDS. 

Are you going to answer my PM, or are you going to continue to run away from your stances?

Ask you PM in public. I"m not your pet monkey.

Offline Carling

Ask you PM in public. I"m not your pet monkey.

I already did in the Boxing Ring.  You even replied in the thread.  Myst told me to PM you my question that you've been avoiding for so long.

Go to the "Who Deleted My Thread to Sinkspur about His Thoughts on Tax Credits???" thread that you already replied to while avoiding my question.

Offline musiclady

There was nothing 'false' about my statement, Carling.  I know you despise me, but please don't accuse me of lying.  I DON'T lie.

EVER.

And there is only one poster whom I have seen claim he would vote for a Dem, and that guy is a Trump supporter.

If you have any proof otherwise, please feel free to share it, and I will back off my claim that every poster (save that one Trump guy) hates Obama and Hillary FAR more than Tea Party conservatives (which I am, btw).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Carling

There was nothing 'false' about my statement, Carling.  I know you despise me, but please don't accuse me of lying.  I DON'T lie.

EVER.

And there is only one poster whom I have seen claim he would vote for a Dem, and that guy is a Trump supporter.

If you have any proof otherwise, please feel free to share it, and I will back off my claim that every poster (save that one Trump guy) hates Obama and Hillary FAR more than Tea Party conservatives (which I am, btw).

I don't despise you at all!   :shrug: 

sinkspur literally won't answer basic policy questions, he's always a contrarian, he is against those of us who want to further vet Muslims from the Middle East, and he tattles to the mods.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 07:15:36 am by Carling »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

That's true, Sink.

Indeed.  People are like that.