Author Topic: Paul Ryan Seeks 'Inclusive' GOP Agenda to Counter Trump  (Read 1232 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Paul Ryan Seeks 'Inclusive' GOP Agenda to Counter Trump
« on: December 12, 2015, 10:39:08 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=705542

Newsmax
Paul Ryan Seeks 'Inclusive' GOP Agenda to Counter Trump
Saturday, December 12, 2015 04:35 PM

By: Todd Beamon

House Speaker Paul Ryan said that Congress must embrace an "inclusive" agenda to counter any policies pushed by Donald Trump and other Republican candidates that could cost the party the White House next year.

"If we try to play our own version of identity politics and try to fuel ourselves based on darker emotions, that's not productive," Ryan, 45, the Wisconsin Republican and 2014 vice presidential nominee, told The New York Times on Friday.

"I don’t think it will be successful, and I don’t think it is the right thing to do.

"I believe in an agenda that’s inspirational, that’s inclusive, that's optimistic," he said.

Ryan, who succeeded John Boehner in October after a messy and fractious uprising led by conservative Republicans, said that he would support the eventual nominee but raised concerns about the tenor of the campaign as state primaries and caucuses near.

"This isn’t about Trump," Ryan told the Times of the front-runner. "This is about do we run on substance or do we run on personality? If we run on personality, we lose those elections."

He added that he expected to have a role in the nominating process. As speaker, he will serve as the chairman of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland next July.

"I will use this bully pulpit as effectively as I can," Ryan said. "For now, it's the bully pulpit we have."

The congressman told the Times that Republicans would meet in January to define their agenda, which he said would include tax reform and criminal justice reform. Ryan said the latter was "an issue I didn’t fully grasp until I spent time learning about how people are trying to redeem themselves and have so many roadblocks in front of them that they can’t."

He also invited members of the Congressional Black Caucus and other minority caucuses to a holiday reception and will seek to broaden the Republican base, the Times reports.

"It means show up and talk to everybody, appeal to everyone."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: Paul Ryan Seeks 'Inclusive' GOP Agenda to Counter Trump
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 10:43:25 pm »
You lost Paul...and you weren't very good in the campaign. Hell, you lost the debate badly to a cackling Joker imitator, don't think you have much to say that's important about presidential politics.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 01:44:04 am »
Ryan needs to stay out of this, it's not his fight. All it does is provide fodder for the liberals.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 02:14:14 am »
Ryan needs to stay out of this, it's not his fight. All it does is provide fodder for the liberals.

Ryan is a decent, upstanding, Catholic.

Which is why he doesn't much like Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline raml

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 03:55:24 am »
I don't know about him being a decent catholic nor do you only God knows what is in a mans heart and soul. Personally most catholics are raised to feel guilty all the time and don't make good politicians they are willing to give away tax dollars at the drop of a hat due to their guilt. I was raised in the church so don't go saying I don't know what I am talking about and I went to Catholic schools but has a stable father and stayed sane.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 04:03:55 am »
I don't know about him being a decent catholic nor do you only God knows what is in a mans heart and soul. Personally most catholics are raised to feel guilty all the time and don't make good politicians they are willing to give away tax dollars at the drop of a hat due to their guilt. I was raised in the church so don't go saying I don't know what I am talking about and I went to Catholic schools but has a stable father and stayed sane.

Bless your heart raml.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 04:29:22 am »
You lost Paul...and you weren't very good in the campaign. Hell, you lost the debate badly to a cackling Joker imitator, don't think you have much to say that's important about presidential politics.

Then we have all lost.  Ryan is the House Speaker.  Nobody else, who can win, wants the job...and even Ryan doesn't want it.  Why?  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,188444.0.html

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 02:21:54 pm »
"I will use this bully pulpit as effectively as I can," Ryan said. "For now, it's the bully pulpit we have."

Yes, Ryan will use that bully pulpit against Trump--but not the Obama regime.  The American people can either end the Uniparty's control in Washington, DC.  or surrender to it.   

The choice has never been more clear.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2015, 05:22:49 pm »
For everyone that said let's give Little Boner a chance! How is that working for you ? Tormorrow he gives the weed monkey chimp a check with everything he wants for the Illegal Invaders from Syria.  :tongue2:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 05:23:44 pm by Longiron »

Offline Longiron

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2015, 05:25:56 pm »
Yes, Ryan will use that bully pulpit against Trump--but not the Obama regime.  The American people can either end the Uniparty's control in Washington, DC.  or surrender to it.   

The choice has never been more clear.

And that is why the RINOGOPe hate CRUZ more than TRUMP. Either or they all get Fired and they know it. :patriot:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2015, 05:28:05 pm »
For everyone that said let's give Little Boner a chance! How is that working for you ? Tormorrow he gives the weed monkey chimp a check with everything he wants for the Illegal Invaders from Syria.  :tongue2:

You sure you want to leave that characterization of Obama up?  Kinda racist if you ask me.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2015, 06:01:18 pm »
You sure you want to leave that characterization of Obama up?  Kinda racist if you ask me.

Please troll do not answer anything that I post or reply to because I do not see them. You have been on Ignore for at  least 6 months or more. You are invisible in mind, sight and thought and quite frankly do not give a s*** anything you have to say, think or post . :tongue2:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2015, 06:04:47 pm »

Please troll do not answer anything that I post or reply to because I do not see them. You have been on Ignore for at  least 6 months or more. You are invisible in mind, sight and thought and quite frankly do not give a s*** anything you have to say, think or post . :tongue2:

LOL!!  You saw this.

I usually do go past your posts because they're so incoherent I wouldn't know how to respond anyway. 

Admit it. You check out my posts, don't you?