Author Topic: Cruz extends olive branch to ‘terrific’ Trump  (Read 1172 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz extends olive branch to ‘terrific’ Trump
« on: December 11, 2015, 10:34:43 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/262987-cruz-extends-olive-branch-to-terrific-trump

December 11, 2015, 04:58 pm
Cruz extends olive branch to ‘terrific’ Trump

By Bradford Richardson

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) took to Twitter on Friday to clear up reports that he has been attacking Donald Trump, blaming the political establishment for trying to pit the presidential candidates against one another and calling Trump “terrific.”

“The Establishment’s only hope: Trump & me in a cage match,” Cruz tweeted. “Sorry to disappoint – [Donald Trump] is terrific. #DealWithIt.”

The New York Times reported earlier this week that Cruz questioned the GOP front-runner's judgment at a closed-door fundraiser in Manhattan.

“Who am I comfortable having their finger on the button? Now that’s a question of strength, but it’s also a question of judgment. And I think that is a question that is a challenging question for both of them,” Cruz said, speaking of Trump and fellow primary candidate Ben Carson.

Cruz denied the report in a statement on Thursday, but did not dispute the quote or explain how his remarks were taken out of context.

Trump chastised Cruz on Friday for not challenging him publicly.

“[Ted Cruz] should not make statements behind closed doors to his bosses, he should bring them out in the open,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “More fun that way!”

“Looks like [Ted Cruz] is getting ready to attack. I am leading by so much he must. I hope so, he will fall like all others. Will be easy!” he added.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Longiron

Re: Cruz extends olive branch to ‘terrific’ Trump
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 11:15:45 pm »
The RINOGOPe, media, pundits, Dems, Libs would luv nothing better than see Trump and Cruz not support or disrespect each other. Both are way ahead of the curve for this and both are way to smart. They will disagree and that is healthy for the country but the respect is still there :patriot:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 11:16:37 pm »
I swear it just moved.    :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 11:23:54 pm »
Never seen Cruz pucker up for anybody before.

He gave Trump a big ole wet kiss here.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 11:28:32 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 11:27:23 pm »
Never seen Cruz pucker up for anybody before.

Actually, if he and Trump were playing chess, Cruz just said, "Check".
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 11:28:46 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 12:00:33 am »
Actually, if he and Trump were playing chess, Cruz just said, "Check".

The stronger Cruz gets, the less he'll stay in the back seat. 

And Trump's trashing of Cruz won't work like it did against Jeb.  I can't stand either of these guys, but I'll be in Ted's corner on this one.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 12:26:53 am »
The stronger Cruz gets, the less he'll stay in the back seat. 

And Trump's trashing of Cruz won't work like it did against Jeb.  I can't stand either of these guys, but I'll be in Ted's corner on this one.

And from my eyes... Cruz realizes it's not his time yet.  He's guaranteed semi-finalist.  For now.

Donald Trump is an enigma.  Ted Cruz will play But Abbott to the Lou Costella with orange hair.   

And of course, with Cruz as VP, you might change your mind about sitting it out.     :laugh:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2015, 12:33:36 am »
And from my eyes... Cruz realizes it's not his time yet.  He's guaranteed semi-finalist.  For now.

Donald Trump is an enigma.  Ted Cruz will play But Abbott to the Lou Costella with orange hair.   

And of course, with Cruz as VP, you might change your mind about sitting it out.     :laugh:

Nope.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2015, 12:35:00 am »

Offline Longiron

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2015, 04:34:06 pm »
They don't tell you that TRUMP said at least 5 times how good of a person CRUZ was before he said he is from TX and a lot of oil money there and he assumes TC is a oil guy rather than a ethanol person because he is probably taking some money from some oil guys. They NEVER complete the whole sentence or CLIP of TRUMP. Asked if TC would be his VP choice TRUMP smiled and said CRUZ is a good man and moved on. The RINOGOPe, Media, DEMS, LIBS would LUV to see a battle between TRUMP and CRUZ and they are competing for the same job and that will continue BUT their is mutual RESPECT there and that is what pisses off the above and that is not going to change. :patriot: