Author Topic: British columnist: “If Trump wins, I’m moving to America”  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
British columnist: “If Trump wins, I’m moving to America”
« on: December 11, 2015, 08:33:39 am »
http://buzz.blog.ajc.com/2015/12/10/british-columnist-if-trump-wins-im-moving-to-america/

Donald Trump is receiving loads of criticism since proposing a ban on Muslims entering the United States but a columnist from across the pond is more than on board.

“If Donald Trump wins the race to the White House I’m moving to America,” conservative columnist Katie Hopkins tweeted the other day.

In a column for the celebrity-heavy Daily Mail, Hopkins noted that you can’t actually prevent people from a religion from coming to America.

“Even if Trump were elected President, he wouldn’t be able to ban Muslims from his shores – even if he wanted to,” she wrote. Still, she thinks his commentary has merit.

“It took the President a couple of days to even admit the attack was terror and when he did finally address a nervous nation on Sunday night his tone-deaf message was that Muslims were their ‘friends, neighbours and sports heroes,'” she wrote. “In contrast, Trump IS providing leadership. He knows some of his grand-standing is hot air. But he is articulating a sentiment held by millions and reinforcing himself as a protector of the American people.”
The Republic is lost.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: British columnist: “If Trump wins, I’m moving to America”
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 09:11:49 am »
Congratulations. You found the ONE thing that rather makes me hope Trump wins.

Katie Hopkins is possibly the vilest person I know of.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 01:04:02 pm »

I don't know her.  Why have you come to this rather stern opinion of Katie Hopkins?

Offline Longiron

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 04:49:01 pm »
And the Rev Al promised to move to Africa if TRUMP wins? Now another GREAT reason to vote for TRUMP.  :whistle:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 04:52:18 pm »

Gee Thanks! Like we need another one of those!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 04:58:44 pm »

In a column for the celebrity-heavy Daily Mail, Hopkins noted that you can’t actually prevent people from a religion from coming to America.

Ah yes... the Perfect Solution Fallacy... unless the activity produces a perfect solution... it is not worth doing...

Watch this fallacy become very popular in the debate over this any many other Trump initiatives...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 05:23:39 pm »
I don't know her.  Why have you come to this rather stern opinion of Katie Hopkins?

She's all over the gossip rags here, unfortunately. Every time she opens her mouth, either something truly vile comes out or a foot goes firmly in.

Funny thing is, she's basically a Kardashian (without the looks or sex tape, thank GOD!!). A failed reality TV star, ironically enough on The Apprentice, and that's the sum total of what got her into the public eye. Now she's there, though, by God, she's gonna stay there!
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 06:25:40 pm »
Hopkins noted that you can’t actually prevent people from a religion from coming to America.

Not true, Ms. Hopkins.