Author Topic: (British boxer) Tyson Fury to be interviewed by police over his comments likening homosexuals to paedophiles  (Read 288 times)

Offline mountaineer

Good for them they don't have that pesky First Amendment, eh?
Tyson Fury to be interviewed by police over his comments likening homosexuals to paedophiles

The boxing champion linked abortion and homosexuality with paedophilia
    He made his comments in an interview with the Mail on Sunday last month
    He sparked outrage and Greater Manchester Police are now investigating
    Officers will quiz Fury to take a statement from him as part of the inquiries

By Anthony Joseph for MailOnline
Published: 13:13 EST, 8 December 2015 | Updated: 14:41 EST, 8 December 2015
Daily Mail (U.K.)
Police are investigating comments made by Tyson Fury in which he likened homosexuals to paedophiles.

The world heavyweight boxing linked abortion and homosexuality with paedophilia, in an interview with the Mail on Sunday's Chief Sports Writer Oliver Holt. The interview took place before his big fight with Wladimir Klitschko in Dusseldorf, Germany, last week.

The self-proclaimed Gypsy King said: 'There are only three things that need to be accomplished before the devil comes home.

'One of them is homosexuality being legal in countries, one of them is abortion and the other is paedophilia. Who would have thought in the 50s and 60s that those first two would be legalised?

'When I say paedophiles could be made legal, it sounds crazy. But if I had said to you about the first two being made legal in the 50s, I would have been looked upon as a crazy man.

'If I would have told you 120 years ago that a 1,000-ton aeroplane is going to fly through the sky, a piece of steel, that would have been considered ludicrous.

'People can say, 'You are against abortions, you are against paedophilia, you are against homosexuality', but my faith and my culture is based on the Bible.'

His comments sparked outrage and Greater Manchester Police has today confirmed they are investigating his comments after receiving a complaint, accusing Fury of a hate crime.

Officers will speak to Fury and take a statement from the boxing star as part of their inquiries.  ...
Read the rest

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org