Author Topic: Marco Rubio: Obama's speech 'made things worse.' Slams president for using ISIS to press gun control  (Read 3081 times)

rangerrebew

Marco Rubio: Obama's speech 'made things worse'
Slams president for using ISIS to press gun control
Published: 21 mins ago

Sen. Marco Rubio, who’s been rising recently in the polls for president, said President Obama’s speech on ISIS was not just subpar in terms of assuaging Americans’ fears, but also damaging.

“I think not only did the president not make things better tonight,” Rubio said, in a 10–minute live response segment to Obama’s Sunday speech, via Fox News. “I fear he may have made things worse in the minds of many Americans.”

Get the hottest, most important news stories on the Internet – delivered FREE to your inbox as soon as they break! Take just 30 seconds and sign up for WND’s Email News Alerts!

Rubio said “nothing that happened in the speech … is going to assuage people’s fears,” Breitbart reported.

He slammed Obama for using ISIS and the war on terrorism as a means of pressing his own gun control agenda, and said the White House has done nothing to adjust policy or strategy in recent months in response to the expansion of the terror group. He also criticized the president for suggesting America was guilty of bias against Muslims.

The free WND special report “ISIS Rising,” by Middle East expert and former Department of Defense analyst Michael Maloof, will answer your questions about the jihadist army threatening the West.

“We are at war with a radical jihadist group more capable than any terrorist group this nation has ever confronted,” Rubio said. “Where is there widespread evidence that we have a problem in America with discrimination against Muslims? … This is nothing but an effort to use this issue of terrorism as another way to try to push their agenda that they’ve been dying to push for the longest amount of time, and that’s gun control.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/12/marco-rubio-obamas-speech-made-things-worse/#phI46lcdSL2qPXe1.99

Offline libertybele

I didn't watch the speech ... but so far it seems that the only commentary on the speech is from Rubio, indicating to me that the GOPe has selected him to be the spokesperson and their selected candidate. 

Rubio has no room to criticize Hussein as he voted to continue to let thousands of potential Muslim terrorists into this country. I find Rubio despicable!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Longiron

Do you think amnesty fits in there Marco? Did not think so? Let's talk about gun control and ISIS? :thud:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 01:22:07 pm by Longiron »

Offline libertybele

Do you think amnesty fits in there Marco? Did not think so? Let's talk about gun control and ISIS? :thud:

Exactly.  The "Gang of Eight" member has the audacity to criticize the president when he votes along with him and the DEMS.  Despicable.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

Rubio is right about the speech.

Obama made things worse last night.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

Rubio is right about the speech.

Obama made things worse last night.

I have to almost laugh; you are correct, Hussein did make things worse.  But, when has there been a time when he has actually made anything better?

Offline andy58-in-nh

Exactly.  The "Gang of Eight" member has the audacity to criticize the president when he votes along with him and the DEMS.  Despicable.

Here is Marco Rubio's voting record for 2014, per the American Conservative Union. "+" means he voted along with the ACU's preference:

(Year: 2014 | Chamber: Senate)
Florida
Member Name12345678910111213141516171819202122232425
This Year's Score
Last Year's Score
Lifetime Rating
Years Of Service
RUBIO++-+++++++++++++++++++++(+)

96% in 2014, 98% lifetime. He does not vote along with the Democrats. He's a conservative.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline libertybele

ACU? Seriously?  Rubio is hardly a conservative.  He just voted to bring in more Muslims into this country and he is a Member of the Gang of Eight and voted along with the DEMS for amnesty.  Have you not been paying attention?

http://www.examiner.com/article/rino-report-on-marco-rubio

http://www.rinotracker.us/another-warning-about-marco-rubio/

http://www.pocketfullofliberty.com/marco-rubio/

Offline NavyCanDo

:hijack:

Try staying on topic. Rubio is right.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline libertybele

I believe he is on topic.  You CANNOT contain or control ISIS when you have Senators such as Rubio voting to bring in hundreds of thousands of Muslims and pushing for amnesty for the millions of illegals that are already here.  That's just inviting another San Bernadino to take place.  Rubio has little room to talk in criticizing Hussein; he has voted for amnesty, he is a member of the Gang of Eight and he just voted to allow hundred of thousands of Muslims into this country.  The only thing Rubio is correct on is that Hussein makes matter worse -- we all new that.  Rubio can't possibly think that after San Bernadino, bringing in more Muslims into this country is a wise thing.  He voted along political lines, not what is in the best interest of this country.

Offline musiclady

I have to almost laugh; you are correct, Hussein did make things worse.  But, when has there been a time when he has actually made anything better?

Why would you laugh?  A man running for President of the United States correctly analyzes what Obama is doing (making things worse), and has the courage to say so.

I'd say that's a pretty serious thing to do.

I know you're a Rubio "hater" but he is right on the money here.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

He doesn't know how.  He's completely incoherent 90% of the time.  (And that may be generous).

Offline NavyCanDo

I'm not sure how much longer I can stomach the "politics" thread.   You don't have to like Rubio to agree with something he said about Obama's speech.  But yet, here we go again, a thread being taken over by juveniles, diverting what could be intelligent conversation about Obama's speech. Way to go guys, way to go.   

Wonder what's happening over at the Sports/Entertainment/Arts thread,  where rarely do I see conversations wonder into the twilight zone.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
I am not a Rubio supporter (though I have stated I will support him if he is the nominee), but as I said on an earlier thread, Rubio's take on this issue was, in my eyes, correct in all particulars.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline musiclady

Here is Marco Rubio's voting record for 2014, per the American Conservative Union. "+" means he voted along with the ACU's preference:

(Year: 2014 | Chamber: Senate)
Florida
Member Name12345678910111213141516171819202122232425
This Year's Score
Last Year's Score
Lifetime Rating
Years Of Service
RUBIO++-+++++++++++++++++++++(+)

96% in 2014, 98% lifetime. He does not vote along with the Democrats. He's a conservative.

Facts.  Who needs em when you have an agenda??     **nononono*

Offline andy58-in-nh

Facts.  Who needs em when you have an agenda??     **nononono*

Personally, I was alarmed to learn that Rubio has voted to allow thousands and thousands of Muslims into the United States. I'm sure there is a source for that somewhere, but it's the accusation that's important, right? Boy, he must really hate dogs.
 :smokin:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline libertybele

Personally, I was alarmed to learn that Rubio has voted to allow thousands and thousands of Muslims into the United States. I'm sure there is a source for that somewhere, but it's the accusation that's important, right? Boy, he must really hate dogs.
 :smokin:

Wow, really Andy?  Who in the hell do you think you are? There was an entire thread in this forum on the subject.  In fact, I even gave the link along with the bill number that was voted on.  Yes, I gave a source, link and hardly made an accusation; unlike you.

...An amendment to the Healthcare Reformation Act Amendment 2899 that was introduced by Paul:  To prevent the entry of extremists into the United States under the refugee program, and for other purposes.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=114&session=1&vote=00323

Offline libertybele

Why would you laugh?  A man running for President of the United States correctly analyzes what Obama is doing (making things worse), and has the courage to say so.

No I am not a Rubio hater.  In fact I voted for him as my Senator.  As my Senator he has been a complete disappointment; especially after he joined the Gang of Eight AND sided with the DEMS on amnesty.  Secondly, he recently voted to allow thousands of Muslims into this country -- after the incident in San Bernadino.

If you like him and what he stands for, vote for him.  I personally don't think amnesty for illegals and allowing thousands of Muslims into this country from an area where ISIS heavily populates the area is a good thing.  But, that's just me.

Offline libertybele

Music it is beyond serious.  What I find almost laughable is the fact that he states Hussein is making things worse -- it's not like most of the country (other than liberal lunatics), Congress, law enforcement, leaders of other countries, etc.,  already knows this -- I can't think of anything Hussein has done that hasn't made things worse. At this point; it's either laugh or cry. 

Many of our elected officials have stated and pointed out what a poor job Hussein has done, his lack of leadership, his failed policies, his overreach -- yet no one has opted to impeach him.  At this point in time, its really way too late.  The damage is already done.  No definitely not laughing in the funny "ha, ha, ha" sense.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Wow, really Andy?  Who in the hell do you think you are? There was an entire thread in this forum on the subject.  In fact, I even gave the link along with the bill number that was voted on.  Yes, I gave a source, link and hardly made an accusation; unlike you.

...An amendment to the Healthcare Reformation Act Amendment 2899 that was introduced by Paul:  To prevent the entry of extremists into the United States under the refugee program, and for other purposes.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=114&session=1&vote=00323

Not voting for an amendment is not the same thing as voting to allow terrorists into the country.  89 Senators, including many conservatives, voted against that amendment. Not a one of them wants terrorists to come to America.

Offline musiclady

No I am not a Rubio hater.  In fact I voted for him as my Senator.  As my Senator he has been a complete disappointment; especially after he joined the Gang of Eight AND sided with the DEMS on amnesty.  Secondly, he recently voted to allow thousands of Muslims into this country -- after the incident in San Bernadino.

If you like him and what he stands for, vote for him.  I personally don't think amnesty for illegals and allowing thousands of Muslims into this country from an area where ISIS heavily populates the area is a good thing.  But, that's just me.

I put the word "hater" in quotes because that is the label tossed around here for those who criticize or disagree with other candidates.

But you have called him a liar repeatedly, and on this thread used the word 'despicable' to describe him.

Suffice it to say, you don't have an objective view on Marco Rubio.  You're a devotee of Cruz, and devour anyone else.

I'm still looking at both, and have not eliminated Rubio from my choices.

Offline musiclady

Music it is beyond serious.  What I find almost laughable is the fact that he states Hussein is making things worse -- it's not like most of the country (other than liberal lunatics), Congress, law enforcement, leaders of other countries, etc.,  already knows this -- I can't think of anything Hussein has done that hasn't made things worse. At this point; it's either laugh or cry. 

Many of our elected officials have stated and pointed out what a poor job Hussein has done, his lack of leadership, his failed policies, his overreach -- yet no one has opted to impeach him.  At this point in time, its really way too late.  The damage is already done.  No definitely not laughing in the funny "ha, ha, ha" sense.

I'd rather cry than laugh at what Obama has done to destroy this country.

And I think what Rubio said is serious and correct, and needs to be said to the general public.

The assumption that everyone is as well educated as you (or we) are is problematic.

The average American needs to be told things that all of us have known for nearly a decade.

I, for one, am glad that Rubio said what he did.

And I'll leave my part of the discussion at that.

Offline libertybele

The fact of the matter is Rubio is PRO AMNESTY.  I can go on about Rubio's record; he voted for John Kerry as Sec'y of State and Rubio voted to block conservative amendments to the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act. I am not going to continue to harp on this as certainly did not intend for this thread to become an anti-Rubio v. pro Rubio threat.  I was simply pointing to his voting record and his membership with the Gang of Eight.  After seeing his voting record, you either see him as part of the establishment or a conservative.  Either you believe he is a member of the Gang of Eight and voted with DEMS on amnesty or you don't. 

Contrary to what you may think, I am not a Rubio hater and  I have posted similar comments in other threads.  I do believe Rubio has some good atrributes; his stance on immigration of any kind is not one of them.  I can attest first hand the negative impact that Rubio has had on the State of Florida.  Even at that, I would vote for Rubio over Bush, Kasich and Christie without hesitation and certainly in a heartbeat over Hillary.  I don't think he will be able to beat Hillary, but that's strictly my opinion.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=114&session=1&vote=00173
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 08:37:06 pm by libertybele »

Offline libertybele

I'd rather cry than laugh at what Obama has done to destroy this country.

And I think what Rubio said is serious and correct, and needs to be said to the general public.

The assumption that everyone is as well educated as you (or we) are is problematic.

The average American needs to be told things that all of us have known for nearly a decade.

I, for one, am glad that Rubio said what he did.

And I'll leave my part of the discussion at that.

There have been several people that have tried to point out the seriousness of Hussein's lack of leadership -- Romney was one of them, Palin another.  That's been quite awhile ago and that's what I find so darn frustrating and disheartening.  Romney and Palin were obviously correct ... what they said and what others have said about Hussein is correct.  Yet here we sit.   8888crybaby **nononono*

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Not voting for an amendment is not the same thing as voting to allow terrorists into the country. 

How so?