Author Topic: Rubio Responds To Obama: Where Is There Widespread Evidence Of Discrimination Against Muslims?  (Read 513 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/12/06/rubio_responds_to_obama_where_is_there_widespread_evidence_of_discrimination_against_muslims.html

Following President Obama's address to the nation on Sunday night, Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio appeared on FOX News to respond to the president's comments on violence against Muslims and how denying people on the no-fly list -- which he said violated civil liberties of Americans -- would not prevent another terror attack.

Rubio said he feared President Obama "may have made things worse" in the minds of Americans in his Oval Office address.

"He announced nothing new other than we need gun control, even though it would have done nothing to prevent the attack in California," Rubio criticized Obama. "We need to prevent people on the no-fly list from buying these weapons, even though there are people that work for DHS (Department of Homeland Security) that are on the no-fly list."

"By the way, these individuals that conducted this attack would not have been prevented from accessing their weapons," Rubio noted.

"And then the cynicism, the cynicism tonight to spend a significant amount of time talking about discrimination against Muslims," Rubio attacked.

"Where is there widespread evidence that we have a problem in America with discrimination against Muslims?" an incredulous Rubio asked.

"And the refusal to call this what it is, a war on radical Islam," Rubio said. "Very disappointing tonight. I think not only did the president not make things better tonight, I fear he may have made things worse in the minds of many Americans."

Video at link

Never let it be said I always disagree with Mr. Trump

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump

Is that all there is? We need a new President - FAST!

I agree, Mr. Trump.  I agree.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGbAOXhB_ng

Found some youtube video of Rubio's live response to the Kenyan.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
I entirely agree with Rubio's take here.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan