Author Topic: Observations about young people  (Read 831 times)

PaleoConPrep

Observations about young people
« on: December 06, 2015, 11:59:31 pm »
I'm currently a Junior at a private, all-male Catholic school.( I went to public school K-9) I here a lot of conservatives criticize young people, and I wanted to make some observations.
Here are some common questions I hear conservatives ask about young people.
#1- Why are young people so Liberal?- The answer to this is easy. It's a combination of the MSM and the public school system. Most teens are ADDICTED to video games and TV( my younger brother is one of them. He plays video games from morning to night, and literally goes crazy if you turn his game off.) kids watch hours and hours of TV. When I was in public school, a teacher told me " you and your skinheads can move to Kansas" because I don't support gay marriage. Another teacher told my brothers class that Jesus was black, and may have been a woman." These teachers are RADICAL. With the young people dumbed down by hours of TV and video games and h Liberalism pounded into their mushy brains at school, it's no surprise they are wavy Liberals.
#2- Why do young people have such little regard for religion? This one is also easy to answer. It's a mix of bad parenting and the public education system. Parents don't give their kids a sound theological upbrininging( mine didn't, but I started studying theology myself in 8th grade. I'm a devout Reformed High Church Anglican. I could be classified as a young theological scholar) the public schools pound evolution and secularism into the kids heads. I was very unpopular in public school for being a faithful Christian. I was seen as  "bigoted", "snobby", and "intolerant" When I brought up God in a conversation, the immediate response would always be "There is no God"
Any conservative/Christian parent who sends their kids to public school should hide their head in shame. Send your kid to a private school, or homeschool them.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Observations about young people
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 12:08:48 am »
First of all do these old eyes a favor and double space and use paragraphs...I went to 12 years of Catholic schools and the nuns were always a stickler for proper formatting...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 12:22:43 am »
I don't place all the blame on parents when it comes to religion.  Most religions are about dogma and teaching and practice.  That's why they're losing members; people want an experience of God, and all the Churches have are empty platitudes and judgmental attitudes.  Religions foster a kind of Phariseeism that says "I have the truth and you don't."  Most people have no desire to be around such people so they just dump organized religion. 

Denominational Churches have a huge challenge today.  Pope Francis is doing his best to change the culture of the Catholic Church, to encourage its members to go out and serve the poor, the disadvantaged and stop worrying about doctrine and dogma.

In other words, a heart faith, not a head faith. Head faith is not attractive to anybody but theological nerds.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 12:34:17 am »
I don't place all the blame on parents when it comes to religion.  Most religions are about dogma and teaching and practice.  That's why they're losing members; people want an experience of God, and all the Churches have are empty platitudes and judgmental attitudes.  Religions foster a kind of Phariseeism that says "I have the truth and you don't."  Most people have no desire to be around such people so they just dump organized religion. 

Denominational Churches have a huge challenge today.  Pope Francis is doing his best to change the culture of the Catholic Church, to encourage its members to go out and serve the poor, the disadvantaged and stop worrying about doctrine and dogma.

In other words, a heart faith, not a head faith. Head faith is not attractive to anybody but theological nerds.

Bravo!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 12:44:25 am »
PaleoConPrep:

First, are you part of Anglicanism that has broken from the mainstream Anglican Church that doesn't recognize female ordination or the ordination of openly gay clergy? 

I don't understand why you guys don't just join the Catholic Church. I know, there's that whole Pope thing, but you guys are having to fight the Episcopalians for church property, and that female banshee that runs the Episcopal Church in the US has plenty of money to keep these court battles going.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 01:08:43 am »
Well I'm a theological nerd. As a classical Protestant, I view Francis as a heretic.( my views on Romanism are the same as Ian Paseleys) He seems like a nice man, but also  very weak, and has made some wacky comments. If people want to "experience God"! Then Christianity is not for them. This sort of thing lead to the Carismatic movement( which I have no respect for) Christianity is based on faith, not "feel good" junk.  The first question and answer in the Heidelberg Catechism sums it up pretty well.
Question- what is your only comfort in life and in death?
Answer- That I am not my own, but belong with body and soul, both in life and in death, to my faithful Savior Jesus Christ.  He has fully paid for all my sins with  His precious blood, and has set me free from all the powers of the devil. He also preserves me in such a way that without the will of my Heavenly Father, not a hair can fall from my head.; Indeed, all things must work together for my salvation. Therefore, by His Holy Spirit He assures me of eternal life and makes me heartily willing and ready from now on to live for Him.

And no, Christianity is not judgmental, I have open arms for anyone who is willing to learn, and come to Christ. I'm not giving up Biblical doctrine for modern trends. There are plenty of "feel-good" Liberal churches. My church is not one of them. It is a strict Calvinist congregation, with a very high liturgy. No, my church didn't break awY from the Episcopal Church. It was founded in the 70s, when the Episcopal Church changed the Book of Common Prayer. The reason I don't join the Catholic Church is because I am a CALVINIST ANGLICAN. It's not just the Pope. There are several things that I consider heretical in the Catholic Church, including
1. The Papacy
2. Confession
3. Justification by Faith & Works
4. Worship of Mary
5. Adoration
6. Purgatory
There are many other things as well. Again I'm a Calvinist Anglican. My theology is Calvinist, but my worship and church governing structure are Anglican,