Author Topic: Would you vote for me?  (Read 3446 times)

PaleoConPrep

Would you vote for me?
« on: December 06, 2015, 04:29:05 pm »
Here's the platform
Marriage- between one man and one woman
Abortion- illegal unless the mothers life is at risk
Death Penalty- Legal in all states. Make rape and pedophilia punishable by death.
Gun Control- very little. Keep guns away from violent felons
Economy- free Market Capitalism. Protectionist trade policy
Healthcare- slightly regulated free-market healthcare system.
Taxes- National Sales Tax. Abolish the IRS.
Foreign Policy- Non-interventionism. End ALL foreign entanglements. Only get involved if there is an IMMEDIATE threat to the U.S. Let the Middle East deal with itself. End ALL foreign aid. Stop putting Israel ahead of America.  Get out of the UN immediately.
Bureaucracy- Abolish the EPA, HUD, Department of Education, Department of Commerce, and a couple others.
Education- end public education. Support private schools, charter schools, and homeschooling. End all government funding for universities. Let them fund themselves.
Other- Repeal 16th and 17th Amendment. Ban ACLU. Go back to Gold Standard
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 08:26:54 am by PaleoConPrep »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Would you vote for me?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 04:42:11 pm »
Are you running as a libertarian?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 04:44:59 pm »
What is your TRUMP card? This is a setup question?

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 04:57:47 pm »
I'm currently just a Junior at a Prep school. I hope to one day run for Congress. In my view, what people call "conservatism" today is Liberalism. I despise Neocons. People who have influenced me include Pat Buchanan, Paul Gottfried, and Ron Paul. Groups that I would associate myself with include the John Birch Society and the Constitution Party. I'm an Old Right Paleoconservative Nationalist. The GOP is an old, corrupt centre-left party. It saddens me when I see so many so called "conservatives" getting their news from people like Sean Hanity( an idiotic high school dropout, who always wants war)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 05:03:49 pm »
I'm currently just a Junior at a Prep school. I hope to one day run for Congress. In my view, what people call "conservatism" today is Liberalism. I despise Neocons. People who have influenced me include Pat Buchanan, Paul Gottfried, and Ron Paul. Groups that I would associate myself with include the John Birch Society and the Constitution Party. I'm an Old Right Paleoconservative Nationalist. The GOP is an old, corrupt centre-left party. It saddens me when I see so many so called "conservatives" getting their news from people like Sean Hanity( an idiotic high school dropout, who always wants war)

Ha..I knew you had to be a fan of Ron Paul

No I wouldn't vote for you..I am ultra conservative and believe in a strong national defense...my family for generations have been active in the military and proud of it...my family fought for those freedoms you now enjoy.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 05:08:00 pm »
btw...this type of thread belongs in General Discussion...Politics is news re Politics and Cap Hill..

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 06:06:29 pm »

Well first off I'm quite impressed someone your age is so familiar with the things you mentioned above. You are way more well read than even the average conservative/libertarian.

But having been in heavily into politics for the last 20 years and running a number of political campaigns, I can tell you winning an election goes way beyond just ticking off your platform points. You can be an ideologue at heart, but you have to be articulate and have depth of knowledge of those issues with the public.

Yet at the same time, you have to balance that with the ability to be clear and succinct and not sound like a policy wonk lawyer type. And you have to know what issues are the priority, and have well thought through solutions to dismantle the liberal apparatus that is all around us.

That is a couple among many things, but for now, what is your first step? Where do you plan to start your political career.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 06:16:37 pm »
Nope wouldn't vote for you.  Ron Paul's isolationism is a cancer on the body politic that I thought we were rid of until his goofy son picked it right up.

We see what withdrawing from Iraq did; it gave birth to ISIS. 

Why on earth would you shoot so low as to be thinking of a career in politics?  Learn something useful and do something productive for society. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 06:16:56 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2015, 06:19:36 pm »
Nope wouldn't vote for you.  Ron Paul's isolationism is a cancer on the body politic that I thought we were rid of until his goofy son picked it right up.

We see what withdrawing from Iraq did; it gave birth to ISIS. 

Why on earth would you shoot so low as to be thinking of a career in politics?  Learn something useful and do something productive for society.

Didn't get your Bran Buds today? Quit being a dumb ass and busting some teenager's balls over his career choice. Were we have more conservatives and libertarians wanting to run for politics, or would you have them all be liberals?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 06:20:08 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2015, 06:28:36 pm »
Didn't get your Bran Buds today? Quit being a dumb ass and busting some teenager's balls over his career choice. Were we have more conservatives and libertarians wanting to run for politics, or would you have them all be liberals?

If he comes on an adult forum and asks for an opinion, he should be prepared for it.

Maybe he'll grow up and see the futility of chasing after isolationism.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2015, 07:05:56 pm »
If he comes on an adult forum and asks for an opinion, he should be prepared for it.

Maybe he'll grow up and see the futility of chasing after isolationism.

Then you definitely shouldn't be offering opinions on this forum if you want to give him something adult.

I'm not an isolationist, but I'm not a neocon either. I get tired of both frankly.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2015, 09:51:22 pm »
Then you definitely shouldn't be offering opinions on this forum if you want to give him something adult.

I'm not an isolationist, but I'm not a neocon either. I get tired of both frankly.

You never fail to insult. Notice, I never insult you.

Maybe you ought to grow up some yourself.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2015, 10:10:44 pm »
A lot would depend on my other choices and the current environment.... BUT..

Glad to see young people getting involved in the system.... remain flexible and continue to learn.
You may not end up where you are now... politically... events change viewpoints...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 10:22:11 pm by EdinVA »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2015, 10:19:33 pm »
You never fail to insult. Notice, I never insult you.

Maybe you ought to grow up some yourself.

Ya might want to get a tougher skin there princess snowflake.
The Republic is lost.

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2015, 10:28:24 pm »
Thanks for all the opinions. I'm not offended in the least by the criticism. I expect nothing less from Neocons.Here's my plan for getting into politics.
Step #1. Attend Patrick Henry College for undergrd, and major in American Politics & Policy( Patrick Henry is a fairly new, elite, classical Christian college for politics. 80% of the student body was homeschooled. It has been called "Gods Harvard" They are a powerhouse in Moot Court and Debate. They beat Harvard once and Oxford twice, and they've won several Moot Court National Championships. Also, they send students to Harvard and Yale Law every single year; at one point the Executive Editor of the Harvard Law Review was from PHC. The school takes ABSOLUTELY NO government funding. The culture  on campus is very conservative( strict dress code, no drinking/smoking, single-sex dorms, mandatory daily chapel etc) A Statement of Faith is also required to attend. Everyone there would be a conservative Protestant like myself. I visited the college, and loved it. The student body was very mature, and the academics were rigorous. As a devout Reformed High Church Anglican who is interested in politics, Patrick Henry is clearly my best choice for undergrad.
Step #2- Go to law school. I'd like to attend either Harvard Law or SMU Law. I want to be a corporate lawyer in Dallas.
Step #3- Work as a corporate lawyer in Dallas for 10-15 years, and make connections along the way.
Step #4- Run for Congress
That's the plan.
I'm not a big fan of how politics works, and if we lived in a sane country I wouldn't run for office. In my view however, the country is very close to collapsing, and needs REAL conservatives in office.  If not me, who? There's not a SINGLE Paleoconservative in Congress( Ron Paul was the  closest)I want to do EVERYTHING in my power to help this nation, and that includes running for office. One of my secondary goals in running for Congress will be to revive the Old Right. I want the John Birch Society to be the face of Conservatism once again( not morons like Hanity)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2015, 10:38:11 pm »
Thanks for all the opinions. I'm not offended in the least by the criticism. I expect nothing less from Neocons.Here's my plan for getting into politics.
Step #1. Attend Patrick Henry College for undergrd, and major in American Politics & Policy( Patrick Henry is a fairly new, elite, classical Christian college for politics. 80% of the student body was homeschooled. It has been called "Gods Harvard" They are a powerhouse in Moot Court and Debate. They beat Harvard once and Oxford twice, and they've won several Moot Court National Championships. Also, they send students to Harvard and Yale Law every single year; at one point the Executive Editor of the Harvard Law Review was from PHC. The school takes ABSOLUTELY NO government funding. The culture  on campus is very conservative( strict dress code, no drinking/smoking, single-sex dorms, mandatory daily chapel etc) A Statement of Faith is also required to attend. Everyone there would be a conservative Protestant like myself. I visited the college, and loved it. The student body was very mature, and the academics were rigorous. As a devout Reformed High Church Anglican who is interested in politics, Patrick Henry is clearly my best choice for undergrad.
Step #2- Go to law school. I'd like to attend either Harvard Law or SMU Law. I want to be a corporate lawyer in Dallas.
Step #3- Work as a corporate lawyer in Dallas for 10-15 years, and make connections along the way.
That's the plan.
I'm not a big fan of how politics works, and if we lived in a sane country I wouldn't run for office. In my view however, the country is very close to collapsing, and needs REAL conservatives in office.  If not me, who? There's not a SINGLE Paleoconservative in Congress( Ron Paul was the  closest)I want to do EVERYTHING in my power to help this nation, and that includes running for office. One of my secondary goals in running for Congress will be to revive the Old Right. I want the John Birch Society to be the face of Conservatism once again( not morons like Hanity)

Nice plan, just understand that most people work the lower offices first before jumping up. Not saying that you HAVE to do it that way, but it does mean a great deal more networking and building ahead of time. Not sure what the best route may be to take, but before you run be networked both politically and monetarily.

Knowing the public officials and like-minded politicos in your district won't hurt either. You got lots of time to do that. I don't know Texas politics specifically, but it's a good state to be on this side of the aisle.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 10:38:42 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2015, 10:38:41 pm »
Ya might want to get a tougher skin there princess snowflake.

I can take whatever you can dish out, pal.  I just wanted everybody to know that YOU'RE the one doing the insulting.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2015, 10:50:41 pm »
That's the plan.

A career in law is not "doing something productive."  We have too many attorneys in this country as it is. 

As for the John Birch Society, William F. Buckley, the founder of modern conservatism, denounced the society in 1968 and said it has no place in the conservative movement. This was the group, after all, that accused President Dwight Eisenhower of being a closet communist.

If you want to be taken seriously, disassociating from the JBS would be a very wise move.

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2015, 11:07:47 pm »
That's the plan.

1) Learn to express your views with clear language.  Paragraphs and sharp formatting are your friends.  (See sinkspur's posts as examples.)

2) Study and work part time.  (Moot Courts produce talkers, not doers)

3) After graduation, enlist in the United States Marine Corps -- if they will allow you to attempt to become a Marine.

After that, become a job creator and learn how your country works.

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2015, 11:08:19 pm »
"Modern conservatism" is a joke. William F. Buckley had no right to say what's conservative and what's not. That's a common thing I see with NeoCons. They think they are the ONLY type of Conservatism. Well, what has modern conservatism gives us? Reagan( who was a decent President. Not as Constitutional as Coolidge. He borrowed like a drunken Liberal), the Bush family( a corrupt, warmongering  NWO family), and idiots like Sean Hanity. You don't get to decide what conservatism is. There are NeoCons, PaleoCons, Moderates, Libertarian Conservatives etc. All could be classified as conservative. As for the John Birch Society, they NEVER called Eisenhower a Communist( their founder Robert Welch wrote a book in which he SUSPECTED Eisenhower had Communist leanings) I'll take the JBS over places like the Heritage Foundation and National Review every day of the week, and twice on Sunday's.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2015, 11:22:01 pm »
"Modern conservatism" is a joke. William F. Buckley had no right to say what's conservative and what's not. That's a common thing I see with NeoCons. They think they are the ONLY type of Conservatism. Well, what has modern conservatism gives us? Reagan( who was a decent President. Not as Constitutional as Coolidge. He borrowed like a drunken Liberal), the Bush family( a corrupt, warmongering  NWO family), and idiots like Sean Hanity. You don't get to decide what conservatism is. There are NeoCons, PaleoCons, Moderates, Libertarian Conservatives etc. All could be classified as conservative. As for the John Birch Society, they NEVER called Eisenhower a Communist( their founder Robert Welch wrote a book in which he SUSPECTED Eisenhower had Communist leanings) I'll take the JBS over places like the Heritage Foundation and National Review every day of the week, and twice on Sunday's.

OK, but be prepared to have to defend the Society's past accusations of being anti-semitic and racist.   THAT is why Buckley disowned the Society. 

You have a lot to learn about how the world works.  Link arms with the JBS at your professional peril.

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2015, 11:25:16 pm »
Prove that the JBS is racist and anti-Semite. Give me links.

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2015, 11:28:35 pm »

Oh boy.  A snowflake.  Here we go.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2015, 12:02:49 am »

Here's one, from 1967.  The JBS was a much more strident organization than it is today, to be sure.  But this was the environment that led Buckley to disavow it.

http://www.jta.org/1967/01/31/archive/adl-warned-of-anti-semitism-in-radical-right-john-birch-society

Here's an opinion piece that details some of the accusations against the JBS, many of them factual:

http://newsone.com/444922/opinion-ron-paul-is-a-white-supremacist/

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2015, 12:25:58 am »

Learn early that all organizations are infiltrated and controlled by more wealthy and powerful interests which use them to further their own interests.

Giving the beast heartburn from within is the best way to further your interests.  Seemingly insignificant acts of rebellion done secretly can have far-reaching consequences.  Openly opposing the beast will only get you falsely imprisoned or killed.

Nothing is as it seems and don't trust anyone with your true objectives.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan