Author Topic: Farook Lawyer: Stop Saying ‘Muslim Shooters,’ This Should Be a Time of Forgiveness  (Read 835 times)

rangerrebew

Farook Lawyer: Stop Saying ‘Muslim Shooters,’ This Should Be a Time of Forgiveness
Posted By David Rutz On December 5, 2015 @ 10:46 am In National Security | No Comments

A lawyer for the suspected Islamic husband-wife duo responsible for killing 14 people in California chided the press to stop referring to them as “Muslim shooters” Friday afternoon.

“Until there is absolute clear evidence, every headline doesn’t have to say ‘Muslim massacre’ or ‘Muslim shooters,’” Syed Farook’s family attorney David Chesley said. “Because it’s going to cause intolerance and what we need right now is forgiveness. I think although there were Muslim people and Muslim families involved in this incident, as a primarily Christian nation, I think we’re a people of mercy and forgiveness, and I think we need to avoid bigotry, stereotyping.”

Chesley and fellow attorney Mohammad Abuershaid pushed back against the two being linked to terrorism.

“I think the idea of terrorist has been reported since this incident happened,” Abuershaid said. “So as I think as more information comes out, the media can start making reports.”

However, the massacre in San Bernardino is being investigated by the FBI as an act of terrorism. The New York Times reported Farook’s wife Tashfeen Malik pledged allegiance to the Islamic State terrorist organization the same day they carried out their rampage.

Reuters also reported the Islamic State announced in an online radio broadcast that two of its followers had committed the murders.

FBI director James Comey said there was evidence the two, who were killed in a shootout with police the day of the attack, were radicalized and inspired by a foreign terrorist organization, though he added there was no proof yet they were part of a larger cell.

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/national-security/farook-lawyer-stop-saying-muslim-shooters-this-should-be-a-time-of-forgiveness/

Oceander

rangerrebew

I'll bet he has no problem with muslims using American as a perjorative term, or Catholic, Jewish, French, or whatever.  Islam is a religion, so called religion of peace, which shows few signs of the peaceful moniker.  Since Mohammed was a terrorist, pedophile,and murderer, how is it the teachings of the prophet are ignored by "peaceful" muslims but if you draw a picture of Mohammed muslims they want to behead you just as the Koran says?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If your people will stop doing it, we'll stop saying it, how 'bout that?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
What a tool. Treat the families as enemy combatants and ship their asses to Guantanamo until we are certain they knew nothing of it - extremely doubtful. With the way the Obama administration is handling this, Farook's family will be joining Trayvon's in a wrongful death lawsuit. As much of an idiot that this cheapo lawyer is making himself (be interesting to see if Terrorist CAIR is sliding him some money), still rather see him shut up before he becomes a victim of some very pissed off American. Don't want this dumb$hit becoming a martyr.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 04:07:01 pm by Scottftlc »
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
CHUCK YOU, FARLEY!!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
“Until there is absolute clear evidence, every headline doesn’t have to say ‘Muslim massacre’ or ‘Muslim shooters,’” Syed Farook’s family attorney David Chesley said.

I can only speak for myself, but if I was also a client of David Chesley, I'd be shopping for another lawyer.

Hopefully I'm not alone in such reasoning...