Author Topic: Who's the dumb one? Obama reacts to Trump climate criticism  (Read 596 times)

Offline Paladin

Who's the dumb one? Obama reacts to Trump climate criticism
« on: December 05, 2015, 06:15:39 am »
Believe it or not, that's a headline from Reuters.

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama defended his remarks about the threat posed by climate change, saying Republicans, including U.S. presidential candidate Donald Trump, were "the only people" disputing the gravity of the problem.

Obama has called climate change a great threat to future generations. At a news conference on Tuesday before leaving the U.N. climate summit in Paris, he likened global warming to the threat posed by terrorism and Islamic State and said both problems can be addressed by applying steady pressure and new ideas.

Republicans seized on his comments as understating the threat of terrorism. Trump, front-runner to be the Republican nominee in the 2016 presidential election, told MSNBC that Obama's comment was the "one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard in politics."

"Well, you know, Mr. Trump should run back a tape or quote on some of the stuff he's said," Obama retorted, during an interview with CBS "This Morning" that was broadcast on Friday.

"But, look, here's what we know: 99.5 percent of scientists in the world say this is a really urgent problem," he said. "Political parties around the world. The only people who are still disputing it are either some Republicans in Congress or - folks on the campaign trail.”

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/whos-dumb-one-obama-reacts-trump-climate-criticism-151732281.html

Note, also, the percent of scientists who agree with Bambi seems to have increased of late.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: Who's the dumb one? Obama reacts to Trump climate criticism
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 06:22:12 am »
Well, Bami is quite demonstrably wrong about the cohort of those disputing the urgency of the "problem". But then I expect he doesn't hear much other than "yes" unless he's talking to the Mrs.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 06:37:19 am »
The weather in SoCal was the normal wonderful today and I saw somebody from the Inland Empire post LE contact of his said there were others from the same muslim terror cell, which they are searching for. Not in news, to not scare people. Seemed legit.

Maybe the Mideast looking males the neighbors saw coming/going late at night.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Carling

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 06:42:57 am »
The weather in SoCal was the normal wonderful today and I saw somebody from the Inland Empire post LE contact of his said there were others from the same muslim terror cell, which they are searching for. Not in news, to not scare people. Seemed legit.

Well isn't it a great thing that the FBI allowed the media to feast on leftovers intel like vultures today after they were done with it as a crime scene?

The internal battle at the FBI must be better than fiction at this point.  Patriots who want to protect their country versus a President and AG who feel that insulting Islam and Global Warming are our biggest current threats. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------