Author Topic: Trump: "I don't believe" San Bernardino shooter's sister was unaware of plot  (Read 4220 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Jake Miller
CBS News
December 4, 2015

Saira Khan, the sister of San Bernardino shooter Syed Farook, told CBS News in an interview broadcast Friday that she could not fathom the possibility that her brother and his wife, Tashfeen Malik, would commit mass murder.

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump says he's not buying it.

"I probably don't believe the sister," Trump declared in an interview with "Face the Nation" set to air Sunday.
More

I'm inclined to agree with Trump.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Ditto.....
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

I see no reason not to believe her at this point.  Most family members of mass murderers, serial killers, and terrorists don't have much of a clue until the person goes off the deep end.

"He was such a nice guy" is a cliche not because it's not true but precisely because it is true.

Offline sinkspur

Well, we know Trump is omniscient, that he is the smartest, the keenest, the coolest, the most rational human being who ever lived so one is risking eternal hell fire if one doubts him.

He's like, well, God.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

Well, we know Trump is omniscient, that he is the smartest, the keenest, the coolest, the most rational human being who ever lived so one is risking eternal hell fire if one doubts him.

He's like, well, God.

Nah, he's like Carling!

:silly:

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

He's like, well, God.

sink, you know I pretty much agree with you regarding Trump, but I think he might be right in thinking this. Now, whether he's right in publicly saying it is another matter.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Trump is not missing this moment. All he has to do is speak common sense...our government is talking bullshit.  To quote him: "this is too easy"
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I don't know about the sister but his mother lived there to...you can't tell me she didn't see or hear things that should have been reported..

edited to add the FBI interviewed her for 7 hours...I think waterboarding is needed.....
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 03:39:52 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

sink, you know I pretty much agree with you regarding Trump, but I think he might be right in thinking this. Now, whether he's right in publicly saying it is another matter.

Trump has no unspoken or un-press-released thought.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

I don't know about the sister but his mother lived there to...you can't tell me she didn't see or hear things that should have been reported..

edited to add the FBI interviewed her for 7 hours...I think waterboarding is needed.....

How old was the mother?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How old was the mother?

I haven't heard..she was living there helping with the baby
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Nah, he's like Carling!

I have often seen you decimate the posts of others who have personally attacked you.  In the past I have been the fool who ineffectively lashed out at you in anger of your superior argument.  I have admired the almost inhuman cool and rational logic that you used to respond, when I would have responded with clenched teeth and heated anger.

That is not to say that you are novice at passionate ridicule, but to say that others do it more naturally.  Your debate talent is persuasive logic.  There is no logic in fighting with Carling tonight.  He is on an mission from God.

Trump is the issue.

I have no right to tell you how to respond. What ever you say or do, know that I believe your response is justified, even if I don't think it is smart.  I got your back, Sir.

But I am reminded of how I felt a few years ago.  I left this forum for almost a year because of an argument between you and me.  You made me feel like a sputtering fool.  I don't remember what the argument was about I just remember my red hot impotent rage against the backdrop of your calm reason.

It is sad to think how many things I never considered to contemplate because I ignored you for a year.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I haven't heard..she was living there helping with the baby
Then why did the perps have to "take the baby" somewhere else to be watched by the mother, while the murdered 14 people and wished to do more?

« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 05:31:34 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

I have often seen you decimate the posts of others who have personally attacked you.  In the past I have been the fool who ineffectively lashed out at you in anger of your superior argument.  I have admired the almost inhuman cool and rational logic that you used to respond, when I would have responded with clenched teeth and heated anger.

That is not to say that you are novice at passionate ridicule, but to say that others do it more naturally.  Your debate talent is persuasive logic.  There is no logic in fighting with Carling tonight.  He is on an mission from God.

Trump is the issue.

I have no right to tell you how to respond. What ever you say or do, know that I believe your response is justified, even if I don't think it is smart.  I got your back, Sir.

But I am reminded of how I felt a few years ago.  I left this forum for almost a year because of an argument between you and me.  You made me feel like a sputtering fool.  I don't remember what the argument was about I just remember my red hot impotent rage against the backdrop of your calm reason.

It is sad to think how many things I never considered to contemplate because I ignored you for a year.

Aw Jesus.....get a room!    **nononono*
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline NavyCanDo

What about the "Middle Eastern" looking men the neighbor saw coming and going at odd hours of the night?   Who are these others, and how much of this terror cell still exist?   I think this expands far beyond the couple.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online DCPatriot

What about the "Middle Eastern" looking men the neighbor saw coming and going at odd hours of the night?   Who are these others, and how much of this terror cell still exist?   I think this expands far beyond the couple.

And that's EXACTLY why any evidence was purposely corrupted when they allowed the landlord and media access until the place was analyzed, packed and swept.

Aw Jesus.....get a room!    **nononono*
I'd do you too DC, if the money was right.

I'm kidding.

I don't need any money.

Online DCPatriot

I'd do you too DC, if the money was right.

I'm kidding.

I don't need any money.

:laugh:   I was just teasing.

Oceander gets under everybody's skin.   I was nodding my head when I was reading your post.

Offline raml

Muslims lie it is part of their koran to lie to infidels. They all knew you can count on it it was to out in the open in their home they all are jihadists because they believe in the koran and if there are still people here on this board that haven't read that and other papers they have in their cult shame on you and if you believe any Muslim you are nuts remember I didn't say Arab all Arabs aren't a part of the cult of death Islam some have no religion or are Christians.

Oceander

Trump is the issue.

Thanks.  I must say, though, that I find myself as often in the same place you describe.  And I am sorry if an argument we had drove you off for a while because, quite honestly, my views have changed over time and I find that I tend to agree with you more than I used to.  Both your argument, and reality, have through dint of time persuaded me on some points.  In other words, you won some of those arguments, even if, perhaps, it didn't feel like it at the time.

:laugh:   I was just teasing.

Oceander gets under everybody's skin.   I was nodding my head when I was reading your post.

It is nice that we can disagree on heart felt politics, and still remain cordial.  That takes a certain amount of maturity, I know I lack.

It must be you.

Do you watch a show called "The Good Wife" on Sundays?"   Ridley Scott (Aliens) is the executive producer and it is a political/law drama.  Really good acting, dialogue, and stories.

The reason I ask is the guy who played the Comedian in "Watchmen" Jeffrey Dean Morgan has a recurring role on the series. 

He going to play Batman's dad Thomas Wayne in the upcoming "Batman vs Superman" and Negen soon on the Walking Dead.  I don't have any homosexual fantasies I'd admit to on this forum, but if I did, I'd want Morgan to be my prison cell mate.

If you have not seen "The Good Wife" it really is a great show and I think it goes out of it's way present conservative and liberal points of view...thought provoking without being very insulting to conservatives.

I am sorry if an argument we had drove you off for a while

We talked about this before, and I believe I told you I couldn't understand how reasonable and intelligent you had become in my absence.

quite honestly, my views have changed over time
You and me both, brother..  10 years ago I knew everything, and I was surprised at how stupid I was 10 prior.  Today I'm, unsure of everything, but still surprised at how stupid I was 10 years ago.

I suspect in 10 years I will be able to admit to myself, I am a complete imbecile, but much wiser than I was 20 years ago.

I'm glad to be experiencing these exciting times with you my friend.

Offline Carling

Nah, he's like Carling!

This is not a post from a serious poster, Myst.

Take this crap to the thread I started in the Members' Forum, please. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline aligncare

I think Trump is reacting logically. My sense of the radicalization process in religious context is that the individual most likely talks openly about their changing attitudes (think Saturday morning visit from your local Jehovah's Witness). That's what a religious experience does. Sis was aware something was amiss with her brother.

This is why people gravitate to Trump. He speaks from the gut. Not like the focus grouped, bicameral, political pablum you get from a Rubio or a Bush. And not much different from the chatter you hear among neighbors at the deli counter. He's real.

Trump said this on a venerable, Sunday political talk show, where politicians typically show up to recite prepared, memorized points. With Donald Trump politics has entered a new age.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I think Trump is reacting logically. My sense of the radicalization process in religious context is that the individual most likely talks openly about their changing attitudes (think Saturday morning visit from your local Jehovah's Witness). That's what a religious experience does. Sis was aware something was amiss with her brother.

This is why people gravitate to Trump. He speaks from the gut. Not like the focus grouped, bicameral, political pablum you get from a Rubio or a Bush. And not much different from the chatter you hear among neighbors at the deli counter. He's real.

Trump said this on a venerable, Sunday political talk show, where politicians typically show up to recite prepared, memorized points. With Donald Trump politics has entered a new age. 

goopo     :thumbsup2: