Author Topic: Sens. Rubio, Graham Vote To Continue Muslim Immigration From Countries With Jihadist Movement  (Read 1395 times)

Offline mrclose

I'm at a loss here folks.  :shrug:

Sens. Rubio, Graham Vote To Continue Muslim Immigration From Countries With Jihadist Movements

A pivotal vote on Muslim immigration split the Republican presidential field in the Senate—with Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) and Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) voting to continue to allow large-scale Muslim immigration and Senator Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) voting to pause Muslim immigration.

The amendment, offered by Sen. Rand Paul, would have suspended visa issuance's to more than 30 Muslim countries with active Jihadist populations.

Graham and Rubio were both members of the Gang of Eight, which proposed legislation that would expand Muslim immigration, and Paul and Cruz were both opponents of the Gang of Eight bill.

Graham and Rubio’s vote against curbing Muslim migration follows the attack in San Bernardino.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2015/12/04/sens-rubio-graham-vote-continue-muslim-immigration-countries-jihadist-movements/

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline libertybele

Well, I can give you my unpopular opinion on this, both are RINO's and I believe that they are more interested in getting votes rather than doing what is in the best interest of this country.  Both of them are seeking the "politically correct/moderate vote".

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
If this is how it actually was - and I don't know as I've only seen it here - then the collapse that is coming will be Rubio.  That is tone deaf beyond imagination given the events of past weeks. If this is so, Rubio will not survive...even Bush will crush him.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 07:03:37 pm by Scottftlc »
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Wow. We just "vetted" the San Bernardino terrorist wife in 2014 less than two years ago.

Use her as an example. Split the number of dead equally between her and her US native born citizen husband. Seven dead for each.

Since muslims worldwide outnumber US citizens by about four times, her seven dead extrapolate to a victory for them.

Keeping her out might have saved 14 lives. Some say he married a terrorist, that was not stopped in her homeland of Pakistan or her next stop in Saudi Arabia.

We have been fooling around for 14 years. We seem oblivious to "Taqiyyah" still giving the benefit of doubt to muslims that claim to abhor the violence, know nothing of these actors ways or intentions.

An "EO" that I would support is one based on a risk analysis. Immigrants already here, muslims, from terror source locations. Start sending them back, period. Administratively. Bye.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 07:13:48 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

If this is how it actually was - and I don't know as I've only seen it here - then the collapse that is coming will be Rubio.  That is tone deaf beyond imagination given the events of past weeks. If this is so, Rubio will not survive...even Bush will crush him.

What else would you expect from members of the "Gang of Eight"? Rubio is an eloquent charismatic speaker and is a RINO. From what I can tell this was an amendment to the Healthcare Reformation Act Amendment 2899 that was introduced by Paul:  To prevent the entry of extremists into the United States under the refugee program, and for other purposes.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=114&session=1&vote=00323

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Longiron

What else would you expect from members of the "Gang of Eight"? Rubio is an eloquent charismatic speaker and is a RINO. From what I can tell this was an amendment to the Healthcare Reformation Act Amendment 2899 that was introduced by Paul:  To prevent the entry of extremists into the United States under the refugee program, and for other purposes.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=114&session=1&vote=00323

Why is anyone surprised. he has been for AMNESTY forever. He is bought and paid for by the CoC, RINOGOPe and other lobbyists and BIG donors. What is the SURPRISE Rubio fans? :patriot:

Offline flowers

Rubio is dead to me. Has been for many weeks now.

Offline Carling

Well, I can give you my unpopular opinion on this, both are RINO's and I believe that they are more interested in getting votes rather than doing what is in the best interest of this country.  Both of them are seeking the "politically correct/moderate vote".

This is going to cost both of them votes, which makes their own votes all the more puzzling.

Goodbye, Marco.  It was nice thinking your were a serious candidate for serious times, although the warning signs were there all along.

Trump and Cruz seem to be the only two GOP candidates living in reality.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 08:50:49 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rubio is dead to me. Has been for many weeks now.

yep
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This is going to cost both of them votes, which makes their own votes all the more puzzling.

Goodbye, Marco.  It was nice thinking your were a serious candidate for serious times, although the warning signs were there all along.

One of them (Graham)  wasn't going to get many votes to begin with and the other has just signed his own political death warrant IMHO!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Yet Rubio for now is doing well in the polls.  Given a chance I can think of 2 candidates who will have a 'field day' with him in the next debate. I'm hoping he will be exposed for the RINO that he is and show that he is truly part of the Washington cartel that doesn't give a damn about the well being of this country.  At this point he is the establishment's only hope and they are backing him with as much money and muscle that they have as Jeb's poll numbers continue in a free fall.  I'm hoping that Jeb and Rubio will destroy each other. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 02:09:59 pm by libertybele »

Offline Longiron

Yet Rubio for now is doing well in the polls.  Given a chance I can think of 2 candidates who will have a 'field day' with him in the next debate. I'm hoping he will be exposed for the RINO that he is and show that he is truly part of the Washington cartel that doesn't give a damn about the well being of this country.  At this point he is the establishment's only hope and they are backing him with as much money and muscle that they have as Jeb's poll numbers continue in a free fall.  I'm hoping that Jeb and Rubio will destroy each other.

TC has already taken him on about this and watch TC and Trump put the stick in him in the next debate. :thud:

Offline libertybele

TC has already taken him on about this and watch TC and Trump put the stick in him in the next debate. :thud:

You need to remember that the next debate will be conducted by CNN and their moderators.  The focus will be to ask questions to take Trump and Cruz out and to elevate Rubio and Bush.  Trump needs to be careful on how he handles the moderators and I doubt Cruz will get many chances to speak. This is also one the RNC's last chances at making sure their establishment candidates shines. I don't doubt for a minute they are doing their part in trying to take out Trump and Cruz as well.

Offline sinkspur

The amendment, offered by Sen. Rand Paul, would have suspended visa issuance's to more than 30 Muslim countries with active Jihadist populations

Oh, now the rest of the story.  THIRTY countries, huh?  Trumpbart doesn't name those countries, of course, but I'm guessing Turkey and the Arab Emirates are included, countries friendly to our US military.  We even have a military refueling station in Abu Dhabi.

What Trumpbart also doesn't tell you is that only TEN Senators voted for this, all of them up for re-election.  In other words, they were ALL pandering to their conservative base and, in a normal year, would have voted against a bill that had 89 votes opposing it.

This is not going to negatively impact Rubio in the least.  I dare Christie or Cruz to raise this.

Hell, Cruz's vote with Rand Paul on curbing the ability of the NSA to gather metadata is more harmful to national security than allowing in a few Muslims.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Longiron

You need to remember that the next debate will be conducted by CNN and their moderators.  The focus will be to ask questions to take Trump and Cruz out and to elevate Rubio and Bush.  Trump needs to be careful on how he handles the moderators and I doubt Cruz will get many chances to speak. This is also one the RNC's last chances at making sure their establishment candidates shines. I don't doubt for a minute they are doing their part in trying to take out Trump and Cruz as well.

You are absolutely right Liberty. They will try and take Trump, CRUZ out. However what is new? They have been doing that since knee bend Kelly in the First debate. Both TRUMP and CRUZ will spin something if not asked directly into a moment of truth for RUBIO and his stance on Amnesty. Remember in all of the debates RUBIO has not been asked one question about the "gang of eight". This will also be TRUMP and CRUZ last chance to get to RUBIO on this point. Both TRUMP and CRUZ are way smarter than the news reader moderators and will be fine. :patriot:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 06:13:57 pm by Longiron »

Offline libertybele

You are absolutely right Liberty. They will try and take Trump, CRUZ out. However what is new? They have been doing that since knee bend Kelly in the First debate. Both TRUMP and CRUZ will spin something if not asked directly into a moment of truth for RUBIO and his stance on Amnesty. Remember in all of the debates RUBIO has not been asked one question about the "gang of eight". This will also be TRUMP and CRUZ last chance to get to RUBIO on this point. Both TRUMP and CRUZ are way smarter than the news reader moderators and will be fine. :patriot:

I don't hold much hope for the next debate. Trump and Cruz have the momentum and the backing of the majority of voters; but they are up against the Washington cartel, MSM, RNC, DNC and establishment billionaires.

Yep.  I keep praying for miracles.  One that we even make it to the next election and , Cruz and Trump are able to fend off all the corruption and two they take Hillary down.

Offline mrclose

The amendment, offered by Sen. Rand Paul, would have suspended visa issuance's to more than 30 Muslim countries with active Jihadist populations

Oh, now the rest of the story.  THIRTY countries, huh?  Trumpbart doesn't name those countries, of course, but I'm guessing Turkey and the Arab Emirates are included, countries friendly to our US military.  We even have a military refueling station in Abu Dhabi.

What Trumpbart also doesn't tell you is that only TEN Senators voted for this, all of them up for re-election.  In other words, they were ALL pandering to their conservative base and, in a normal year, would have voted against a bill that had 89 votes opposing it.

This is not going to negatively impact Rubio in the least.  I dare Christie or Cruz to raise this.

Hell, Cruz's vote with Rand Paul on curbing the ability of the NSA to gather metadata is more harmful to national security than allowing in a few Muslims.

Are you really on everyone's ignore list? :shrug:
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Gee, when Rubio actually shows up in the Senate to vote, look at what he votes for....

Offline sinkspur

Are you really on everyone's ignore list? :shrug:

I don't know.  There is an abundance of ignorance on this site.  Look at this story.  Rubio gets slammed for something that the majority of Republicans voted against. 

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.