Author Topic: The Beatles' 'Rubber Soul' Turns 50 Years Old  (Read 580 times)

Offline Paladin

The Beatles' 'Rubber Soul' Turns 50 Years Old
« on: December 04, 2015, 06:33:30 am »
Feeling old?

"Today, songs from one of the greatest rock albums of all time will play somewhere, even though the album is turning 50 years old. Released on December 3, 1965, Rubber Soul by The Beatles is ranked by an epic panel at Rolling Stone as the fifth greatest rock album of all time.

To Beatles fans, Rubber Soul marked the dramatic transition from a fun pop act to a band that would dominate the culture like nothing before and nothing since. To music fans, Rubber Soul marked the dawn of an album-driven era where long-play records replaced a singles-driven industry."

https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2015/12/3/the-beatles-rubber-soul-turns-50-years-old
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: The Beatles' 'Rubber Soul' Turns 50 Years Old
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 07:55:49 am »
My absolute favorite Beatles album... :laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

Re: The Beatles' 'Rubber Soul' Turns 50 Years Old
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 11:36:11 am »
My absolute favorite Beatles album... :laugh:

That album cover is burned into my memory. I'm sure I wore out the grooves and drove my mom nuts.