Author Topic: Barbara Boxer: Sensible gun control laws work, 'we've proven it in California'  (Read 870 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

One day after a mass shooting in California that left 14 dead, Sen. Barbara Boxer says that she's proven in her state that gun control laws work.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMUut3gB67s

Offline sinkspur

It's going to take death to drive this old hide from office.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline NavyCanDo

Sink, careful with comments like that, seriously.   I would suggest deleting that post.   
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 04:07:25 am by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sinkspur

My God, this place is becoming like walking on eggshells.

All I meant was that Boxer will not retire.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I predict that we will see almost no terrorist attacks in TX.

Offline Paladin

Uh, Barbie, sweetie, honey, baby:

"According to research from the Pew Research Center, the FBI, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, gun violence in America is actually on the decline compared to the past 30 years, thanks in part to the increased number and effectiveness of police officers.

[snip]

According to research from the Pew Research Center, the FBI, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, gun violence in America is actually on the decline compared to the past 30 years, thanks in part to the increased number and effectiveness of police officers.

Gun Violence Has Declined Since '90sThese statistics show significant decreases since the 1980s in overall homicides, which includes suicides, murders, police shootings and accidental deaths — and gun use as the cause of those homicides.

According to a Pew analysis of gun deaths based on CDC statistics, there were seven homicides by firearm per 100,000 Americans in 1993 and only 3.6 by 2013, a decrease by almost half. The nation’s overall gun death rate has declined by 30 percent since 1993.

The number of shootings resulting in an outcome other than death decreased at an even greater rate, from 725 in 1993 to 175 in 2013.

According to FBI statistics on violent crime rates, America is becoming the safest it has been since 1960, when the FBI began recording data. Although the most recent data is in 2014, the overall violent crime and murder/non-negligent manslaughter rates are dropping steadily, suggesting America is only getting safer.

In 2014, the violent crime rate was 365.5, making America the safest it has been since 1970, and the murder and non-negligent manslaughter rate was 4.5 out of 100,000, making 2014 the safest year in terms of murders since 1960.

America’s least safe historical year is 1980, when the murder rate reached an all-time high of 10.2. Since then, the murder rate has dropped steadily — with a slight relapse in 1991 — but an otherwise stable trend.

FBI data from 2014 shows overall homicides and usage of guns for homicide has decreased steadily over the past four years, with 8,124 homicides committed by guns in 2014 and 9,199 in 2009, again suggesting not only are homicides decreasing, but the use of guns to commit them is decreasing as well."

http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/03/thanks-to-cops-gun-violence-lowest-since-1960s/

Here's the point, sugar, gun violence is down throughout the nation, except in Democrat controlled Chicago, by about 49% since its high in 1980. And you and yours had little to do with it. Sorry to tell you that, toots.

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline aligncare

I think Navy is referring to ill considered words that could be construed as terroristic and may show up on NSA or Secret Service databases. Delete it. In my humble opinion–if that makes you feel better.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 01:23:26 pm by aligncare »

Offline Longiron

And to think that Carly could not beat that idiot in a election and she wants to be POTUS. Only in politics in the US! :silly:

Offline PzLdr

Barbara Boxer. Put on Earth by God so Susan Collins, Patty Murray, Nancy Pelosi and Diane Feinstein could have competition for dumbest female politician EVER.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline NavyCanDo

I know what you meant by it, but using a poor choice of words to say it,  can result in the Secret Service paying you a visit. Just looking out for you, so don't be so easily offended. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Oceander

Offline Longiron

Barbara Boxer. Put on Earth by God so Susan Collins, Patty Murray, Nancy Pelosi and Diane Feinstein could have competition for dumbest female politician EVER.

Notice they are all the same LIB party BUT the PUBBIES have a few also? The Senators in AK and NH come to mind? **nononono*

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Oceander, your pic above is an insult to the intelligence and loyalty of brave boxer dogs everywhere!

;)