Author Topic: Graham turns on Cruz, GOP's attitudes toward Hispanics, abortion  (Read 602 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Graham turns on Cruz, GOP's attitudes toward Hispanics, abortion
« on: December 03, 2015, 05:39:50 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/261934-graham-turns-on-cruz-gops-attitudes-toward-hispanics

December 03, 2015, 10:31 am
Graham turns on Cruz, GOP's attitudes toward Hispanics, abortion

By Jonathan Swan

Lindsey Graham challenged GOP presidential rival Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and the views of Republicans in a speech to the Republican Jewish Coalition on Thursday.

The speech took many in the audience by surprise, coming immediately after Cruz was warmly applauded by the audience of Jewish activists and donors.

"How many of you believe we lose elections because we're not hard-ass enough on immigration?" Graham asked.

A few people clapped.

"I believe we’re losing the Hispanic vote because they think we don’t like them.

"I believe that it’s not about turning out evangelical Christians" — as Cruz had suggested — "but about repairing the damage done by incredibly hateful rhetoric driving a wall between us and the fastest growing demographic in America who should be Republicans."

More in the crowd began cheering for Graham.

"How are you going to bring us together if your whole career has been about dividing us?" Graham said.

"I am tired of that crap," he said, adding that he never understood why anyone thought they could shut down the government to repeal Obamacare.

"I believe Donald Trump is destroying the Republican Party," Graham said, his voice rising with disgust.

"It's not self-deportation, it's forced deportation," Graham said.

"We're going to round them all up?

"You think you're going to win an election with that sort of garbage?"

A few murmured "no."

Graham then attacked Cruz's hardline stance on abortion, asking the crowd who agreed whether they believed there should be exceptions allowed for abortion if a woman had been raped.

Many cheered.

"Ted Cruz doesn't have an exception for rape and incest" and would therefore lose, Graham said.

With Cruz as the nominee the debate with the Democrats would be "about the nominee of the Republican Party" telling a women who has been raped that she has to keep the rapist's baby.

"Not the speech you thought you were going to hear? Not the speech I thought I was going to give."

"I'm the first guy to come to an RJC event and never mention Israel in 15 minutes," Graham, a longtime staunch supporter of Israel, said to applause.

"I don't have to. You know where I'm at."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Graham turns on Cruz, GOP's attitudes toward Hispanics, abortion
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 08:29:19 pm »
Is there anone left on this planet who gives  one hoot in hell about anything Lindsey "Light shoes" Graham might say?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 08:41:23 pm »
Graham is right about Trump's goofy immigration plan and he's right about Cruz's stance on abortion. 

The GOP won't even get Romney's 27% with Hispanics if either of those two are at the top of the ticket.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 08:54:36 pm »
Is there anone left on this planet who gives  one hoot in hell about anything Lindsey "Light shoes" Graham might say?

Ya ... the same people that sill pay attention to John McInsane...RINO's.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 09:01:51 pm »
Graham is right about Trump's goofy immigration plan and he's right about Cruz's stance on abortion. 

The GOP won't even get Romney's 27% with Hispanics if either of those two are at the top of the ticket.

Fact:  The GOP will not get over 30% of the Hispanic vote no matter who they nominate, including Bush or Rubio.  It is not because of immigration, whether illegal or legal.  It is all about free stuff and the democrats own that issue. 

Offline Longiron

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 10:39:41 pm »

Have to pay attention to those 0% in the polls ! Like you said who gives a shi* that Graham even exits except McCain.