Author Topic: Donald Trump: You have to take out terrorists families  (Read 15968 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Donald Trump: You have to take out terrorists families
« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2015, 09:56:46 pm »
I have to weigh in and say that I have no problem with collateral damage in warfare. However, if it can be avoided all should be done to avoid collateral damage which includes young children and babies who do not have an inkling of what is going on in the world. Saying, I understand and do not have a problem with collateral damage that can not be avoided is far different from saying we should outright target and wipe out all the family members of our enemies. That just seems so barbaric and immoral to me.  Waterboard and torture terrorists, no problem for me. Bomb terrorists when they are with other civilians, no problem with me if they cannot be taken out at another time without endangering American lives. Targeting all the families on purpose?? Wow. All I can say is I can't believe we can be advocating something like that and that a candidate for the presidency can say something like that and remain in the race.

Now I have to weigh in. Donald Trump never said what you think he said.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2015, 09:59:50 pm »
Now I have to weigh in. Donald Trump never said what you think he said.

This is what Trump said:

"When you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families. They care about their lives — don’t kid yourself. … They say they don’t care about their lives. You have to take out their families.”

In fact, he said what cuky thought he said.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Carling

« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2015, 10:02:41 pm »
This is what Trump said:

"When you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families. They care about their lives — don’t kid yourself. … They say they don’t care about their lives. You have to take out their families.”

I'm still missing where he says he will target only the families.  Even if he said it, I have zero problem with it.  The pin-pr*ck strategy of Bush and Obama has only strengthened and spread Islamic terrorism.

I'm also still wondering why you oppose tax credits for self-funded new construction projects to replace run-down structures.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 10:05:55 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline aligncare

« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2015, 10:04:54 pm »
This is what Trump said:

....families being used by terrorists as human shields–everyone knows that's what he was talking about (except the folks that want to slander Trump at every turn).

Donald Trump said nothing about "targeting" their families.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 10:05:17 pm by aligncare »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2015, 10:08:53 pm »
I'm still missing where he says he will target only the families.  Even if he said it, I have zero problem with it.

I'm also still wondering why you oppose tax credits for self-funded new construction projects to replace run-down structures.

Israelis are pretty rough on terrorism and even they don't kill the families.   

But, hey, morality for Trump seems to be whatever he thinks it is today.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2015, 10:10:07 pm »
....families being used by terrorists as human shields–everyone knows that's what he was talking about (except the folks that want to slander Trump at every turn).

Donald Trump said nothing about "targeting" their families.

No. He doesn't mention human shields. 

OK. No matter what Trump says, his munchkins will always put words in his mouth to explain it away.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #106 on: December 03, 2015, 10:11:40 pm »

Trump on the radio with Hannity at this very moment refuting what you just said.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2015, 10:14:03 pm »
Trump on the radio with Hannity at this very moment refuting what you just said.

Of course he is. He always does that. Says he didn't say what we clearly heard him say.

Offline Carling

« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2015, 10:15:32 pm »
No. He doesn't mention human shields. 

OK. No matter what Trump says, his munchkins will always put words in his mouth to explain it away.

Liar

:shrug:

Businessman and 2016 GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump said Wednesday that he would “knock the hell out of” the Islamic State terrorist group and that “you have to take out” the families of terrorists.

“I would knock the hell out of ISIS,” Mr. Trump said on “Fox and Friends.” “I would hit them … so hard like they’ve never been hit before.”

Asked about the possibility of civilian casualties, Mr. Trump said he would do his “absolute best,” but that one of the problems is that terrorists use them as human shields.

“It’s a horrible thing — they’re using [them] as shields,” he said. “But we’re fighting a very politically correct war.”

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2015, 10:18:08 pm »
Liar

Unfortunately if he stays true to form he will be back tomorrow making the very same argument that you just shot down!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #110 on: December 03, 2015, 10:25:54 pm »
I have to weigh in and say that I have no problem with collateral damage in warfare. However, if it can be avoided all should be done to avoid collateral damage which includes young children and babies who do not have an inkling of what is going on in the world. Saying, I understand and do not have a problem with collateral damage that can not be avoided is far different from saying we should outright target and wipe out all the family members of our enemies. That just seems so barbaric and immoral to me.  Waterboard and torture terrorists, no problem for me. Bomb terrorists when they are with other civilians, no problem with me if they cannot be taken out at another time without endangering American lives. Targeting all the families on purpose?? Wow. All I can say is I can't believe we can be advocating something like that and that a candidate for the presidency can say something like that and remain in the race.
The Koran says kill non-believers.

It has been said a radical muslim kills infidels, and a peaceful muslim wants a radical muslim to kill infidels.

Taqiyya is religious justification for muslims to lie in defense of, and to advance islam.

So one take on so called peaceful muslims, is to distrust every single one of them, so as to cover those among them that have you fooled.

These two perps obviously had everybody fooled. They committed Taqiyya, while preparing for this and fooling everybody.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #111 on: December 03, 2015, 10:27:29 pm »
Unfortunately if he stays true to form he will be back tomorrow making the very same argument that you just shot down!

I've never seen anyone so emotionally invested...and wrong on the facts.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #112 on: December 03, 2015, 10:30:41 pm »
I've never seen anyone so emotionally invested...and wrong on the facts.

The one thing I will give him is that he never changes and the facts have never mattered much to him!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #113 on: December 03, 2015, 10:46:47 pm »
The Koran says kill non-believers.

It has been said a radical muslim kills infidels, and a peaceful muslim wants a radical muslim to kill infidels.

Taqiyya is religious justification for muslims to lie in defense of, and to advance islam.

So one take on so called peaceful muslims, is to distrust every single one of them, so as to cover those among them that have you fooled.

These two perps obviously had everybody fooled. They committed Taqiyya, while preparing for this and fooling everybody.

It is a scary situation.  I am in a department with 33 other professors.  We have three Muslims in the department, all of whom have been here many years and become part of our family.  Today we had a Christmas Party and all three of these men came bearing ethnic food they had prepared themselves for our pot luck.  Their sense of shame over what happened last night was palatable. I made it a point to be physical with them -- pats on the back, etc -- just to let them know I did not hold them personally at all responsible for what happened. 

I think in every workplace in America, Muslims are going to be looked at with much more suspicion.  The prime objective of the terrorists is to drive a wedge between mainstream Muslims and all infidels everywhere, forcing the mainstream Muslims to choose sides.

I completely agree there are fundamental problems with this religion that make it incompatible with modern civilization.  That needs to be addressed.  But most Muslims in the USA are just people who are trying to get by like everyone else.  I wonder if there might be some way to deal with this more strategically, both domestically and in terms of foreign policy.  There are many Arab Muslims who live happily and peacefully in Israel, for example.  Maybe we could look to Israel for some answers as to how to figure out who is likely to be a threat and who is not.

I don't know what the answer is.  But I think a purely knee-jerk reaction is what the terrorists count on, and we need to be more proactive, less predictable, quick and swift with punishment, and most of all approach this as a long-term strategic issue as opposed to pretending each case is an isolated incident. 

« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 10:50:52 pm by massadvj »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2015, 10:57:21 pm »
It is a scary situation.  I am in a department with 33 other professors.  We have three Muslims in the department, all of whom have been here many years and become part of our family.  Today we had a Christmas Party and all three of these men came bearing ethnic food they had prepared themselves for our pot luck.  Their sense of shame over what happened last night was palatable. I made it a point to be physical with them -- pats on the back, etc -- just to let them know I did not hold them personally at all responsible for what happened. 

I think in every workplace in America, Muslims are going to be looked at with much more suspicion.  The prime objective of the terrorists is to drive a wedge between mainstream Muslims and all infidels everywhere, forcing the mainstream Muslims to choose sides.

I completely agree there are fundamental problems with this religion that make it incompatible with modern civilization.  That needs to be addressed.  But most Muslims in the USA are just people who are trying to get by like everyone else.  I wonder if there might be some way to deal with this more strategically, both domestically and in terms of foreign policy.  There are many Arab Muslims who live happily and peacefully in Israel, for example.  Maybe we could look to Israel for some answers as to how to figure out who is likely to be a threat and who is not.

I don't know what the answer is.  But I think a purely knee-jerk reaction is what the terrorists count on, and we need to be more proactive, less predictable, quick and swift with punishment, and most of all approach this as a long-term strategic issue as opposed to pretending each case is an isolated incident.

Thanks for your post (you are ever the teacher). In the aftermath of San Bernardino, I needed to hear that.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #115 on: December 03, 2015, 11:01:09 pm »

Truth.

Thank you.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Relic

« Reply #116 on: December 03, 2015, 11:01:12 pm »

If only our elected "leaders" displayed that kind of wisdom.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #117 on: December 03, 2015, 11:04:12 pm »
Liar

In reference to CIVLIANS Trump said "they're using them as human shields."

Then he says this:

,b[“And the other thing is with the terrorists: You have to take out their families,-/b[” he said. When you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families. They care about their lives — don’t kid yourself. … They say they don’t care about their lives. You have to take out their families.

"The other thing."  As much as one can follow Trump it does appear he was shifting TO ANOTHER TOPIC, specifically the families.

But he and you and the Trumpster-divers will insist that he wasn't talking about killing the families when that is exactly what he  said.

Offline Carling

« Reply #118 on: December 03, 2015, 11:33:42 pm »
In reference to CIVLIANS Trump said "they're using them as human shields."

Then he says this:

,b[“And the other thing is with the terrorists: You have to take out their families,-/b[” he said. When you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families. They care about their lives — don’t kid yourself. … They say they don’t care about their lives. You have to take out their families.

"The other thing."  As much as one can follow Trump it does appear he was shifting TO ANOTHER TOPIC, specifically the families.

But he and you and the Trumpster-divers will insist that he wasn't talking about killing the families when that is exactly what he  said.

Yes, and he was on Hannity explaining how many of the 9/11 terrorists sent their wives home to safety prior to murdering Americans.  How the terrorists obviously cared about their families more than their own lives, and how the wives flew home knowing what their husbands were going to do.  Take away what they care about, and perhaps future terrorists reconsider their actions.

Any opinion you have on Trump is preposterously biased, anyhow.  Hell, you're taking up liberal talking points, such as opposing tax credits for new construction, in order to throw out your latest childish post about Trump and the "Trumpster-divers," of which I'm not.  I'm a Cruz supporter if I voted today.

Who is your candidate?  You run your mouth here all day bullying good people who merely won't join in on your deranged hatred of Trump, yet I don't recall ever reading about your top choice.  I'm one who punches back, obviously, after seeing how you treat others for merely not holding your opinion.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 11:36:27 pm by Carling »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #119 on: December 04, 2015, 02:27:24 am »
mass wrote above:
"I completely agree there are fundamental problems with this religion that make it incompatible with modern civilization.  That needs to be addressed.  But most Muslims in the USA are just people who are trying to get by like everyone else.  I wonder if there might be some way to deal with this more strategically, both domestically and in terms of foreign policy."

Do you like football?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #120 on: December 04, 2015, 02:29:22 am »
Yes, and he was on Hannity explaining how many of the 9/11 terrorists sent their wives home to safety prior to murdering Americans.  How the terrorists obviously cared about their families more than their own lives, and how the wives flew home knowing what their husbands were going to do.  Take away what they care about, and perhaps future terrorists reconsider their actions.

Any opinion you have on Trump is preposterously biased, anyhow.  Hell, you're taking up liberal talking points, such as opposing tax credits for new construction, in order to throw out your latest childish post about Trump and the "Trumpster-divers," of which I'm not.  I'm a Cruz supporter if I voted today.

Who is your candidate?  You run your mouth here all day bullying good people who merely won't join in on your deranged hatred of Trump, yet I don't recall ever reading about your top choice.  I'm one who punches back, obviously, after seeing how you treat others for merely not holding your opinion.

Thanks for making my point.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #121 on: December 04, 2015, 05:17:47 am »
No, no Trump says the media are misrepresenting him again.  He meant take OUT... like to dinner and a movie.
Booze shot out of my nose and it burns. :laugh:

« Reply #122 on: December 04, 2015, 05:34:12 am »
"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil they set out to destroy."
Thank you.

It seems to me that at least some of the terrorist are terrorist because we have already killed their families.

I don't know the answers.  When Dubya declared war on terrorism I cheered loudly.   I still find it hard to fault him for Iraq, but today I am a father of a 12 year old boy and 2 younger girls who may be eligible for a draft when they turn 18.  http://www.stripes.com/news/us/court-to-hear-whether-women-should-register-for-draft-1.381862 .  The call of leaders who beat the drums of war do not fill me with righteous anger for the cause like they used to.

I want a better world for my children not vengeance.  I am tired of war.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #123 on: December 04, 2015, 05:45:32 am »
A radical muslim wants to kill non-believers; a peaceful muslim wants a radical muslin to kill non-believers, but lies to you about it (Taqiyya).
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2015, 05:53:32 am »

You are truly a thinker of great depth and unashamed to voice your sometimes unpopular opinion.  Thank you for sharing your wisdom and making this forum great once again.

We are lucky to have you as a contributor.