Author Topic: Conference Organizers Hit the Buzzer as Obama’s Climate Speech Goes 11 Minutes Over Schedule  (Read 590 times)

Offline Paladin

What an egomaniac.

"The French had a message for President Obama during the climate change talks in Paris on Monday: Wrap it up.

Event organizers hit the buzzer as Obama’s address neared the nine-minute mark, blowing past the U.N.’s requested time limit of three minutes.

Organizers buzzed Obama every 30 seconds for over two minutes for a total of five buzzes, a Free Beacon analysis shows. The buzzer operator evidently gave up for the last three minutes of Obama’s 14-minute address, which exceeded the requested time limit by 11 minutes.

Obama spoke about the international community’s responsibility to take on climate change in his address.

“If we place our own short-term interest behind the air that our young people will breathe, the food they will eat, the water they will drink, and the hopes and dreams that sustain their lives, then we will not be too late for them,” Obama said.

The length and stirring rhetoric of Obama’s address are an indication of the importance the president places on climate change relative other concerns. The president’s vigorous performance on Monday can be contrasted with the listless performance he gave two weeks ago when talking about the threat of terrorist groups like the Islamic State."

http://freebeacon.com/politics/conference-organizers-hit-the-buzzer-as-obamas-climate-speech-goes-11-minutes-over-schedule/
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

rangerrebew

Obama Predicts: ‘Submerged Countries. Abandoned Cities. Fields That No Longer Grow’

(CNSNews.com) - Speaking today at the 2015 Paris Climate Conference, President Barack Obama predicted that, unless the nations of the world acted now to combat climate change, countries would be submerged, cities would be abandoned, fields would no longer grown, and there would be new conflicts and floods of refugees.

Here is a key excerpt from the president’s speech, which is available in full at the White House website [1]:

This summer, I saw the effects of climate change firsthand in our northernmost state, Alaska, where the sea is already swallowing villages and eroding shorelines; where permafrost thaws and the tundra burns; where glaciers are melting at a pace unprecedented in modern times.  And it was a preview of one possible future -- a glimpse of our children’s fate if the climate keeps changing faster than our efforts to address it.  Submerged countries.  Abandoned cities.  Fields that no longer grow.  Political disruptions that trigger new conflict, and even more floods of desperate peoples seeking the sanctuary of nations not their own.

That future is not one of strong economies, nor is it one where fragile states can find their footing.  That future is one that we have the power to change.  Right here.  Right now.  But only if we rise to this moment.  As one of America’s governors has said, “We are the first generation to feel the impact of climate change, and the last generation that can do something about it.”

I’ve come here personally, as the leader of the world’s largest economy and the second-largest emitter, to say that the United States of America not only recognizes our role in creating this problem, we embrace our responsibility to do something about it.

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-predicts-submerged-countries-abandoned-cities-fields-no-longer-grow

Online mountaineer

Hilarious. Get the hook!

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

This summer, I saw the effects of climate change firsthand in our northernmost state, Alaska, where the sea is already swallowing villages and eroding shorelines; where permafrost thaws and the tundra burns; where glaciers are melting at a pace unprecedented in modern times.
It was summer back then, you idiot. It's all freezing again because, well, now it's winter.

Online mountaineer

Daniel Greenfield at Front Page Mag:
I rarely agree with Obama, but this time he has a point. We've certainly done our share of producing hot air. And by "us", I mean him. Because Obama just does not stop talking.

In a speech interrupted by repeated beeps warning that he had exceeded his time limit, Mr. Obama said in Le Bourget that the climate conference represented an important turning point in world history because the leaders attending the meeting now recognize the urgency of the problem.

The urgency of the problem is how to shut him up. All the world leaders agree on that. Every time Obama gives a speech, the planet's average temperatures increase by 3 degree. It's the opposite of the Gore effect in which his boring speeches actually lower temperatures and cause snowfall wherever he goes.

“I’ve come here personally, as the leader of the world’s largest economy and the second-largest emitter,” Mr. Obama said, “to say that the United States of America not only recognizes our role in creating this problem, we embrace our responsibility to do something about it.”

Apologizing for America and committing its taxpayers to pay reparations to his donors and assorted Third World dictatorships is what Obama does best. That and talk endlessly.

He promised money to help the poorest nations transition to economies that depend less on burning fossil fuels, but he said a delay was not acceptable.

That's a transition we haven't even managed, but sure. Let's buy Chinese solar panels that break within a year for the entire planet. American taxpayers can afford it. They're already wallowing in too much money and never have to worry about the price of food.  ...

Read the rest at link.

Offline aligncare

Friday, 01-20-2017: Americans breathe a sigh of relief.  :0001:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Da boy president jes' don' know when to shud up, now, does he ...?

Offline Paladin

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Greenland got the name, for the trees that grew there about 1000 years ago. Therefore it must have been warmer.

So we have had immense global cooling since then, to eliminate trees in Greenland. It is about time for some global warming, to get back to the "goode olde dayes."

How do all of these political scientists explain the reality of earth's climate history?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln