Author Topic: Quentin Tarantino LIED about going to jail, 'records show' - despite director's claims he knows 'first-hand' that police treat inmates like animals inside  (Read 504 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3338273/Quentin-Tarantino-LIED-going-jail-records-despite-director-s-claims-knows-hand-police-treat-inmates-like-animals-inside.html

Quentin Tarantino lied about going to jail, a report claims.

The controversial director has long-maintained he was incarcerated 'once' or 'multiple times' for traffic violations in Los Angeles while struggling to make ends meet as a video shop employee.

It is an anecdote he uses regularly to prove his authoritative understanding of police brutality after he was criticized for calling cops 'murderers' at an anti police violence rally in New York this year.

But according to a New York Post investigation, there are no records that back up his claim that he spent eight days being treating 'like an animal' because he couldn't afford to pay a fine.

In fact, his only conviction was in 2000 when he paid $871 to avoid eight days in jail for driving without a license and failing to appear in court, the newspaper reports.

Oceander

Spending time in jail is not the same thing as being convicted, and vice versa.  And if one spends time in jail on charges that are dismissed, then there may not be publicly available records at all.

Offline Paladin

Actual title as there is a video at story: "Watch cop-hating Quentin Tarantino lie about being a tough guy in jail"

"It’s “Pulp Fiction,” all right.

Quentin Tarantino — under fire for recent comments about police violence — has claimed for decades that, as a young man, he served time in a Los Angeles County jail.

One problem: The LA County Sheriff’s Department has no record of the filmmaker ever being in its system. At The Post’s request, the department searched its files back through the 1980s, when, according to Tarantino, he would have been incarcerated.

“A check of Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department jail records revealed no evidence that Mr. Tarantino was ever incarcerated in our jail system,” said Capt. Christopher Reed of the Sheriff’s Office.

Tarantino used to tell the story as evidence of his outlaw bona fides. But on a recent episode of “Real Time with Bill Maher,” Tarantino, now 52, recounted it again to claim solidarity with police protesters — that he understands what it means to be frightened of cops.

“Back when I was in my 20s and broke, I was a little scared of the cops, all right?” Tarantino told ­Maher. “And oftentimes, I had warrants out on me for traffic stuff that I never took care of and everything . . . I’d get stopped, and I’d have to do eight days in county jail.”

[snip]

Tarantino’s lone brush with the law, according to the LA County Sheriff’s Department, is a 2000 charge for driving without a license and failure to appear in court. He paid a fine to avoid jail.

“A check of court records revealed that in August of 2000, he paid a fine of $871, which included court costs, for violation of driving without a license,” Reed said."

The payment was “in lieu of an eight-day sentence imposed by the court,” the captain added."

http://nypost.com/2015/11/29/quentin-tarantino-lied-about-going-to-jail-la-cops/

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.