Author Topic: Turkey braces for war with Russia and sends 20 tanks and 18 fighter jets to her borders  (Read 582 times)

rangerrebew

Turkey braces for war with Russia and sends 20 tanks and 18 fighter jets to her borders

By Mirror Updated Thursday, November 26th 2015 at 12:58 GMT

Ankara: Turkey has moved 20 tanks to her border with Syria as tensions with Russia continue. Military sources from Turkey said the tanks were moved by rail to an armored brigade at the western border with Syria. Reports also say 18 fighter jets were sent on a patrol exercise near the border. A military source told Turkey’s Anadolu agency: "Accompanied by police and gendarmes, 20 tanks were sent by rail from Turkey’s western provinces by railway to Gaziantep in the south of the country, and then redirected to the Syrian border."

Turkey shot down a Russian fighter jet on Tuesday morning close to the Syrian border leading to a crisis between the two countries.   Missiles have been fired from Russian warships in the Mediterranean and fighters jets have also been launching raids in Syria's Latakia province. At least 12 air strikes hit Latakia's northern countryside, the British-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said. A Turkmen commander said missiles fired from Russian warships in the Mediterranean were also hitting the area, as well as heavy artillery shelling. It comes one day after a Russian warplane was shot down by Turkey causing a crisis between the two countries. Hassan Haj Ali, the head of Liwa Suqour al-Jabal, a rebel group operating in western Syria, also said there were fierce battles in the area, with Russian aircraft supporting pro-government forces. GO TO PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 Next »
Read more at: http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000183672/turkey-braces-for-war-with-russia-and-sends-20-tanks-and-18-fighter-jets-to-her-borders

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Methinks we may be witnessing the end of NATO.  With one breath - poof! - it dissipates like a puff of smoke.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Methinks we may be witnessing the end of NATO.  With one breath - poof! - it dissipates like a puff of smoke.

Has Turkey asked for NATO's help?

This, hopefully, is a lot of bluster from both sides.  I don't think either side wants WWIII just yet.   :pondering:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Has Turkey asked for NATO's help?

This, hopefully, is a lot of bluster from both sides.  I don't think either side wants WWIII just yet.   :pondering:

Assuming any major power will jump in. The US is out, Israel will probably cheer, India and China have no interest, and Europe will likely not give a damn anymore. Turkey's tipped so far to the Islamic side of the divide that I can't see anyone making a peep over them beyond empty rhetoric.
The Republic is lost.

Offline GourmetDan

Assuming any major power will jump in. The US is out, Israel will probably cheer, India and China have no interest, and Europe will likely not give a damn anymore. Turkey's tipped so far to the Islamic side of the divide that I can't see anyone making a peep over them beyond empty rhetoric.

Don't be surprised if some U.S. troops don't somehow end up being killed by the Russians...

Believe it or not... the psychos running the world would welcome WW3... it would be preferable to facing the financial calamity they have engineered...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Don't be surprised if some U.S. troops don't somehow end up being killed by the Russians...

Believe it or not... the psychos running the world would welcome WW3... it would be preferable to facing the financial calamity they have engineered...

You may well be right on that one.
The Republic is lost.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Turkey's tipped so far to the Islamic side of the divide that I can't see anyone making a peep over them beyond empty rhetoric.

That is precisely why they were denied membership in the EU.

NATO is a ghost left over from the 60's. It is not a serious threat to Russia.

Does anyone really believe France or Britain would go to war with Russia?
I don't.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline PzLdr

20 tanks and 18 planes ain't gonna do 'er.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
20 tanks and 18 planes ain't gonna do 'er.
LoL

That was my first thought too.

Twenty tanks would be about five minutes of work for three aircraft.

Twenty is making a statement. A hundred or more would be more like preparing for war in a serious way.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

LoL

That was my first thought too.

Twenty tanks would be about five minutes of work for three aircraft.

Twenty is making a statement. A hundred or more would be more like preparing for war in a serious way.

I wonder if they have a mounted camel brigade in reserve?