Author Topic: New York Times slams Trump's mocking of handicapped reporter as 'outrageous'  (Read 17600 times)

Offline mrclose

You Trump haters are a part of the problem as is the GOPe.

You attack the republican front runner and ignore the left's front runner!

Last year didn’t the Texas Democrats mock now-Governor Abbott for being in a wheelchair?

How many crocodile tears did the Slimes shed when leftists were making fun of the Palin’s Down’s Syndrome child?

Serge Kovaleski was sent by the NY Times to Alaska to stalk Sarah Palin in Wasilla for months to trash her and her family.

Obama mocks special olympics:

Where was the outrage from our members?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E-EdGul8nI

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
It is not fair to tease the mentally chal...uh...unusual people.

I surprised he didn't end his post with the usual, pal, or sucker, or dupe, among others which are slightly stronger.

Anyway. It made me chuckle and that is always good before bed.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sinkspur

Who's defending him..I am posting a legit article from the Hill..unlike from Playboy..

The article from Playboy was authored by Kevin Williamson, a CONSERVATIVE columnist from National Review.

I have no idea who Bradford Richardson is, but he's not from National Review.

In any case, Williamson was not writing about Trump mocking a reporter's handicap.  But I bet he will write about it in the next day or two.

Because it's inhuman. Depraved.

Trump's a liar, we already know that from his bullshit about "thousands and thousands" of Muslims in NJ cheering over 9/11.

You just don't like me.   I get that.  But, as long as I'm allowed to post here, I'm going to expose Trump's depravity and hypocrisy.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/trump-apology-times-disabled/2015/11/26/id/703661/

Newsmax
Trump Demands NY Times Apology for Accusing Him of Mocking Disabled Reporter
Thursday, November 26, 2015 05:02 PM

By: Greg Richter

Donald Trump on Thursday demanded an apology from The New York Times for saying he mocked one of its reporter's physical disability at a recent campaign event.

In two tweets on Thanksgiving afternoon, the Republican presidential front-runner denied making fun of Serge Kovaleski, who suffers from the congenital condition arthrogryposis, which limits his arm movements.

"Serge Kovaleski must think a lot of himself if he thinks I remember him from decades ago – if I ever met him at all, which I doubt I did," Trump said in the Twitter statement. "He should stop using his disability to grandstand and get back to reporting for a paper that is rapidly going down the tubes."

The statement said Trump "does not know anything about the reporter or anything about what the reporter looks like," but was simply "mocking the fact that the reporter was trying to pull away from a story that he wrote 14 years ago

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

2:44 PM - 26 Nov 2015

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

I do not know the reporter for the @nytimes, or what he looks like. I was showing a person groveling to take back a statement made long ago!
3:40 PM - 26 Nov 2015

The tweets followed a series of five tweets Wednesday night accusing the Times of being poorly managed and failing.

The Times did not directly report the story, but commented through a spokeswoman to other media outlets who did report on it.

"We think it's outrageous that he would ridicule the appearance of one of our reporters," the Times spokeswoman said.

The controversy began on Tuesday when Trump was speaking before a crowd of supporters in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. He was defending himself against critics who say he is wrong about seeing thousands of Muslims in New Jersey celebrating the 9/11 attacks as they were happening.

Kovaleski, then a reporter for The Washington Post, was co-author of a story that did say New Jersey police investigated reports of people publicly celebrating, but no confirmation was ever found and officials now say no such celebrations ever happened.

Kovaleski told CNN his memory of the story are fuzzy, prompting Trump to tell the crowd, "Now the poor guy — you ought to see the guy: 'Uhh I don't know what I said. I don’t remember.' He’s going, 'I don't remember. Maybe that’s what I said.'"

It was not Trump's words, but his moving his arms and hands that drew criticism in reports by Politico, CNN and The Washington Post, Kovaleski's former employer.

Kovaleski told the Post on Wednesday he has no doubt Trump does remember him because they met numerous times when he covered Trump's financial problems for the New York Daily News from 1987 to 1993.

"The sad part about it is, it didn’t in the slightest bit jar or surprise me that Donald Trump would do something this low-rent, given his track record," Kovaleski told the Post.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Paladin

I am not sure about the Playboy reference as apparently I missed something, but I do know the source on the thread about Freepers and Trump is an interesting one: http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2015/nov/26/donald-trump-appears-to-mock-disabled-reporter-video

Why, yes, the far Left Guardian. Earlier someone pointed out the anti-Trump zealots were using the New York Times as their authority on matters Trump. The Guardian is even further Left than the NYT.

Strange sources these people use to support their positions.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline sinkspur

You Trump haters are a part of the problem as is the GOPe.

You attack the republican front runner and ignore the left's front runner!

Last year didn’t the Texas Democrats mock now-Governor Abbott for being in a wheelchair?

How many crocodile tears did the Slimes shed when leftists were making fun of the Palin’s Down’s Syndrome child?

Serge Kovaleski was sent by the NY Times to Alaska to stalk Sarah Palin in Wasilla for months to trash her and her family.

Obama mocks special olympics:

Where was the outrage from our members?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E-EdGul8nI

So it's OK with you that Trump trashes a disabled person.

Another lemming.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
You just don't like me.   I get that.  But, as long as I'm allowed to post here, I'm going to expose Trump's depravity and hypocrisy.

that sounds like something my 10yo grandson would say..lol
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline sinkspur

Trump is a liar.  His "thousands and thousands of Muslims" shot his credibility to hell.

He can deny knowing this guy, but who the hell will believe him? 

Oh, his Trumpies will, but nobody else.

Offline sinkspur

Your 10 year old grandson is wise.  You should listen to him.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
There it is. That is standard ending I have come to expect.
Always close your posts with a parting insult.

I seem to remember that rule. It's in the GOPBR bylaws somewhere.
I think?
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

As he formally pointed out in his own words and by his own admission, he is man on a mission. What this admission exposed is that he is not here to contribute or interact with this site. He is on his own self anointed, self sanctified mission which is separate and apart from the calm discussion of various world events which we all enjoy. It would be the same as if you had a member who only wanted to talk about Google, and responds to every post no matter what the subject with a screed about how horrible, and terrible Google is.

The question is, how far are these mission oriented people willing to go? Will they shutdown and drive off readers and posters, to accomplish their self appointed mission? Fortunately, that is not a decision for me to make.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
As he formally pointed out in his own words and by his own admission, he is man on a mission. What this admission exposed is that he is not here to contribute or interact with this site. He is on his own self anointed, self sanctified mission which is separate and apart from the calm discussion of various world events which we all enjoy. It would be the same as if you had a member who only wanted to talk about Google, and responds to every post no matter what the subject with a screed about how horrible, and terrible Google is.

The question is, how far are these mission oriented people willing to go? Will they shutdown and drive off readers and posters, to accomplish their self appointed mission? Fortunately, that is not a decision for me to make.

Exactly, and using liberal tactics to do it. And if they had any real cajones, they'd go to FR and play that. But they won't, because like a liberal they'll run roughshod over anyone's willingness to accommodate different opinions to advance the agenda.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 03:16:25 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

That is the problem as I see it also...and I am tired of giving warnings
Support the USO

Offline Paladin

Sadly, they have already driven off some posters with their monomania and fanaticism. The Forum is much diminished because of them. I must say, though, I do admire Mystery's patience and forbearance.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sadly, they have already driven off some posters with their monomania and fanaticism. The Forum is much diminished because of them. I must say, though, I do admire Mystery's patience and forbearance.

Well I hate to suspend or ban people..but in this case my patience has worn thin...
Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

OK.  So it's Trump Central. 

If you want me to stop trashing Trump, just give the word. I'll stop, but I'll also know what this forum has become.  And so will everybody else.

Offline sinkspur

Well I hate to suspend or ban people..but in this case my patience has worn thin...

So I'm gone. Is that it?

Nobody can post articles critical of the Donald, and, God forbid, nobody can criticize him, no matter how outrageous his utterances.

Is that the new policy?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

If you want me to stop trashing Trump, just give the word. I'll stop, but I'll also know what this forum has become.  And so will everybody else.

It's not Trump Central...nor is it Trump Bashing Central. Don't try and pass off left-wing Alinsky, false dichotomy agitprop to rachet up some fevered strawman. We're a little too sophisticated to be manipulated by pukey punk brownshirt garbage.

Have a nice Thanksgiving.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 03:20:47 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Oh brother...here's the word...STOP WITH THE CONSTANT TRASHING OF TRUMP....I can't make it any clearer

Go ahead and think what you will.I don't care..this is not a Trump site...but it will support whoever the nominee happens to be
Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

Oh brother...here's the word...STOP WITH THE CONSTANT TRASHING OF TRUMP....I can't make it any clearer

Go ahead and think what you will.I don't care..this is not a Trump site...but it will support whoever the nominee happens to be

OK.  NO MORE TRASHING OF TRUMP.  Got that everybody? 

How could it not be a Trump site with that kind of command?

Make sure you tell Once-Ler and Abraxas and kevindavis and NavyCanDo. 

Or, as I suspect, is this just targeted at me?

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Everything I have said on this subject has been posted openly.
No pm. Nothing under the table.

As such I am saying point-blank that he is doing more harm than good.

I am saying this openly and objectively, nothing personal against him. I am saying that in my opinion as a single member, that the best thing for the site would be to pull the trigger. He is beyond rude, insulting, and condescending. He is an intentional disruption to the site.

That is my opinion, for what it is worth.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

No.. I'm just targeting you...take a few days off and take your wife Christmas shopping
Support the USO

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

Oh great, here comes the whine of claimed victimhood.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 03:35:21 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline sinkspur

No.. I'm just targeting you...take a few days off and take your wife Christmas shopping

So let me get this straight.

Because I oppose Trump and post articles and responses to articles that are critical of Trump you are suspending me.

OK.  I'll let others draw their own conclusions from
Frankly, myst, you should be happy if this site were purged of all Trump supporters.  He's a scourge on the Republican Party and will give Hillary the White HOuse if he is the nominee.

But, it's your site. Have it your way.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
So let me get this straight.

Because I oppose Trump and post articles and responses to articles that are critical of Trump you are suspending me.

OK.  I'll let others draw their own conclusions from
Frankly, myst, you should be happy if this site were purged of all Trump supporters.  He's a scourge on the Republican Party and will give Hillary the White HOuse if he is the nominee.

But, it's your site. Have it your way.

You know what? For my 2 cents, if I owned the site I'd permanently ban you for the whine about being targeted. Be the most rude obnoxious jerk you want, but at least grow a pair and own it to save some dignity of at least looking passionate and sincere. Now you're down to cravenly manipulating to force feed your agenda on this forum. You're just a troll at this point, lining the gutter.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 03:45:55 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.