Author Topic: New York Times slams Trump's mocking of handicapped reporter as 'outrageous'  (Read 17623 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: New York Times slams Trump's mocking of handicapped reporter as 'outrageous'
« Reply #175 on: November 29, 2015, 02:57:41 pm »
Logically, it's not a nonsensical question.  You posted if he runs 3rd party, it would "prove" it was all about him. 

The flip side of that is if he doesn't win the nomination and doesn't run 3rd party, that would "prove" it wasn't all about him.

If you don't mean what you post in terms of "proof," please use more clarity.  Thanks.  Dismissing my question as nonsense is bullbleep.

Continued nonsense.  Just because one thing "proves" something doesn't mean that something different "proves" otherwise.

I know you're working hard to make me look illogical because you're mad at me, but it's only making you look desperate.

Trump is about Trump.  He proves that every day.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline kevindavis007

Re: New York Times slams Trump's mocking of handicapped reporter as 'outrageous'
« Reply #176 on: November 29, 2015, 02:59:53 pm »
sinkspur and kevindavis have literally turned me against the establishment GOP with their tired act and juvenile insults over the past month.  I left for a while, but now that my head is clear, I'm going to do everything I can to make sure the GOPe gets nowhere near the GOP nomination, and I'm going to treat them with the same level of respect they are showing Trump supporters, of which I'm not, yet because I don't bash Trump, I'm lumped in as a "Trumpeteer" too.

Maybe that's their plan?

If you don't want to be known as a Trumpster, don't support him..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #177 on: November 29, 2015, 03:00:51 pm »
Continued nonsense.  Just because one thing "proves" something doesn't mean that something different "proves" otherwise.

I know you're working hard to make me look illogical because you're mad at me, but it's only making you look desperate.

Trump is about Trump.  He proves that every day.

:amen:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #178 on: November 29, 2015, 03:08:57 pm »
Wasn't it Lincoln who said "You can fool some of the people all of the time."
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #179 on: November 29, 2015, 03:57:37 pm »
I want to say that I hope everyone here has a nice holiday season - however you enjoy it - I look back and see how blessed my life is and it's a time that I carry on family traditions and such wonderful memories of holiday's past!  I really do wish peace and goodwill to all of you. 

This thread's getting tired, like most DT threads end up.  Reduced to the same old slights, declarations of hatred, astonishment at the stupidity of people you used to have a lot of respect for, gonna leave if this is a Trump site, I can't believe he's still in the race......................................................... the same old stuff on the table - nothing new.

WE KNOW.

Merry Christmas to y'all.

:beer:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #180 on: November 29, 2015, 04:01:19 pm »
I want to say that I hope everyone here has a nice holiday season - however you enjoy it - I look back and see how blessed my life is and it's a time that I carry on family traditions and such wonderful memories of holiday's past!  I really do wish peace and goodwill to all of you. 

This thread's getting tired, like most DT threads end up.  Reduced to the same old slights, declarations of hatred, astonishment at the stupidity of people you used to have a lot of respect for, gonna leave if this is a Trump site, I can't believe he's still in the race......................................................... the same old stuff on the table - nothing new.

WE KNOW.

Merry Christmas to y'all.

:beer:

Merry Christmas to you too.

When Donald Trump is no longer such a train wreck, the focus will shift away from him.   That's the way things work.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #181 on: November 29, 2015, 04:04:49 pm »
If you don't think segments of the American people are the problem, consider this:

The two biggest liars in the presidential race are garnering the most support from their respective parties.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #182 on: November 29, 2015, 04:07:28 pm »

When Donald Trump is no longer such a train wreck, the focus will shift away from him.   That's the way things work.

I think you're right, Trump doesn't want people to stop talking about him - that's free publicity.  As long as he is the topic of conversation, no one's talking about any of the other candidates.  It's working for him. 

:laugh:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #183 on: November 29, 2015, 04:12:31 pm »

I see nothing has changed...the focus won't shift away from him as long as you are constantly bombarding threads with your obsession with him....chill out!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #184 on: November 29, 2015, 04:14:20 pm »
I think you're right, Trump doesn't want people to stop talking about him - that's free publicity.  As long as he is the topic of conversation, no one's talking about any of the other candidates.  It's working for him. 

Exactly.  That's why Carly Fiorina, who has always done well in debates, can't get any traction.  Trump says something outrageous and it takes all the attention away from the other candidates. 

But, he's not the problem.  If those who support him would see him for what he is, his polls would drop like a rock.  He's not a conservative (even Rush Limbaugh says this), he changes his positions depending on the news, and has zero support from anybody currently in Congress. 

But, to his supporters all those are reasons TO follow him.  He can lie, he can mock, he can ridicule and act like the town drunk.  None of that matters.

Character no longer matters to a certain segment of the country.  Look at the support for Hillary, a woman who has lied consistently, hidden documents, and failed to aid dying Americans in Benghazi.  She's still got the backing of most Democrats.

Astounding that a large portion of this country will stand behind two bold-faced liars.  We would never tolerate this 20 years ago. Now, it doesn't matter.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #185 on: November 29, 2015, 04:15:59 pm »

The "stop talking about Trump" begins with me. Right now.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #186 on: November 29, 2015, 04:17:58 pm »
The "stop talking about Trump" begins with me. Right now.

Me too, I guess.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #187 on: November 29, 2015, 04:22:14 pm »
Me too, I guess.

I get your point about the buy-in given to charlatan candidates. Obama - case in point.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #188 on: November 29, 2015, 04:24:21 pm »
I get your point about the buy-in given to charlatan candidates. Obama - case in point.

What has happened to people?  Candidates can lie TO THEIR FACES and be PROVEN to be liars and it makes no difference. 

It's the Bill Clinton effect.  He so coarsened discourse and forced the American public to believe a lie for nearly a year that it changed what voters will accept from their president.

Offline flowers

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/29/trump-insists-didnt-insult-reporter-with-disabilities-now-wants-apology-for-accusation.html?intcmp=hpbt2

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said again on Saturday that he didn’t mock a New York Times reporter with physical disabilities, but this time called for an apology from the newspaper and said the reporter is taking advantage of the allegation to a “horrible degree.”

“I don't mock people that have problems, believe me,” Trump said at a campaign rally in Sarasota, Fla.

The controversy began last weekend when Trump said at a rally in Alabama that thousands of people in New Jersey celebrated terrorist-hijacked airplanes on Sept. 11, 2001, toppling of the World Trade Center towers across the Hudson River in Manhattan.

Trump used a story by the reporter, Serge Kovaleski, then at The Washington Post, that included details about authorities detaining people for such alleged activity.

Offline Longiron

He also said he might buy the NY Slime in jest. Next week the stories will say Trump to Buy NY Times to boast his campaign. Actually not a bad idea! :silly:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #192 on: November 29, 2015, 05:33:00 pm »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #193 on: November 29, 2015, 06:28:13 pm »
What has happened to people?  Candidates can lie TO THEIR FACES and be PROVEN to be liars and it makes no difference. 

It's the Bill Clinton effect.  He so coarsened discourse and forced the American public to believe a lie for nearly a year that it changed what voters will accept from their president.

You're absolutely right to trace this horrid phenomenon back to Bill Clinton.

He is a 'senior statesman' even though he is a serial liar, misogynist and abuser.

We have no standards of character any more.

Ergo, the success of Trump........

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #194 on: November 29, 2015, 06:36:39 pm »
I would propose that it is not a phenomena traceable back to Clinton, but instead what you are sensing is a permanent change in the very nature of the American population - cruder, baser, nastier, louder, more aggressive, more obsessed, more violent, more mentally diseased, less respectful of everything - other people, institutions, the nation itself and the beliefs of others.  It was brought to us, quite successfully, by the left, the same people now helping Obama "transform" America. Clinton was simply the first to sense it and use it to his benefit. It is a societal change. And it's not going back to the way it used to be.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #195 on: November 29, 2015, 06:49:12 pm »
I would propose that it is not a phenomena traceable back to Clinton, but instead what you are sensing is a permanent change in the very nature of the American population - cruder, baser, nastier, louder, more aggressive, more obsessed, more violent, more mentally diseased, less respectful of everything - other people, institutions, the nation itself and the beliefs of others.  It was brought to us, quite successfully, by the left, the same people now helping Obama "transform" America. Clinton was simply the first to sense it and use it to his benefit. It is a societal change. And it's not going back to the way it used to be.

When the American public is willing to vote for a person of low character for president, who will lie to them AND THEY KNOW HE/SHE IS LYING TO THEM, then it's the people who are deficient as well.

The Trump phenomenon is a combination of the celebrity culture meeting unhappy people who are projecting what they want in a leader onto someone who will appeal to that unhappiness with the basest of emotions.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #196 on: November 29, 2015, 07:06:52 pm »
Good manners, gentility do not draw applause, crowds, advertising dollar$. That takes vulgarity, violence, etc.

People today crave action, in more and more areas of their lives. And small, medium and large screens and in person events provide it.

Profanity and the middle finger are methods that everybody can show their stuff, on the small stage of life.

Trump serves this "need."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #197 on: November 29, 2015, 07:07:29 pm »

I'm not going to argue that the problem is not society.  It goes back to the sexual revolution of the '60's and the "If it feels good do it" movement, or perhaps even farther back to the teen rebellion of the '50's.  And your point that Clinton took advantage of it is also valid.

However, Clinton was the first accepted leader without morals or decency who lowered the bar much farther than any had previously done.   That helped lead us to Obama, who is a serial liar, baby, and nasty person.

And that phenomena has led us to people who claim to have standards of character themselves saying that those standards don't matter in a leader...... as long as he yells loud enough, and says mean things about other people.

And back to the subject of this thread, leads otherwise decent people to excuse the vile behavior of Donald Trump when he mocks a handicapped person.

It's proof of the deepening abyss America is in culturally when the standard bearer of the 'good guys' is a very bad guy.

Offline LottieDah

Trump wants an apology?  Well I want to be Christie Brinkley and that's not happening either.

Oceander

Trump wants an apology?  Well I want to be Christie Brinkley and that's not happening either.

:silly: