Author Topic: New York Times slams Trump's mocking of handicapped reporter as 'outrageous'  (Read 17625 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: New York Times slams Trump's mocking of handicapped reporter as 'outrageous'
« Reply #125 on: November 28, 2015, 07:45:47 pm »
So you insist on a conservative from birth who has never shifted or changed positions (everything you cite there is from at least 15 years ago)? I know for a fact I personally couldn't pass that test, I'm changing all the time.  I suspect most others couldn't pass that test either.

No, I insist on a trustworthy conservative who has actions to match his rhetoric, not someone who has a history of positioning himself whichever way the wind blows for his own popularity. And many of these positions are not from 15 years ago. His liberal position on immigration was just from 2008. His call for socialized healthcare goes back as recently as the first debate when he called for a single payer system and praised what Canada and Sweden has (ie, he was taking the same position as Bernie Sanders). The same with his call for progressive tax rates.

Trump's history shows he is not someone who can be trusted, he is in it for his own glorification and he'll even sell out his own name for fleeting attention (at that, selling out is the basis for the Trump brand). If the momentum suddenly changed and the money and media suddenly went another direction, his history shows he would jump right in front of that. Look at how he handles the Islamic terrorism issue. Just one year ago he was saying Pam Gellar was being too mean with her Draw Mohammed day, now, right after Paris, he switches and says we aren't being tough enough. He isn't stable on anything.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 07:46:27 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline musiclady

Re: New York Times slams Trump's mocking of handicapped reporter as 'outrageous'
« Reply #126 on: November 28, 2015, 07:48:46 pm »
So you insist on a conservative from birth who has never shifted or changed positions (everything you cite there is from at least 15 years ago)? I know for a fact I personally couldn't pass that test, I'm changing all the time.  I suspect most others couldn't pass that test either.

The stimulus package that he supported was in 2009.  It was an horrific abuse of power and the creation of a Democrat party slush fund.

The problem with those who defend Trump is that no matter what the facts are, there are always excuses made.

Donald Trump is a Democrat populist who is preying on 'conservatives' to gain power.  I pray that enough people wise up so that this charlatan crashes and burns before he can do significant harm to this country.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #127 on: November 28, 2015, 07:53:15 pm »
No, I insist on a trustworthy conservative who has actions to match his rhetoric, not someone who has a history of positioning himself whichever way the wind blows for his own popularity. And many of these positions are not from 15 years ago. His liberal position on immigration was just from 2008. His call for socialized healthcare goes back as recently as the first debate when he called for a single payer system and praised what Canada and Sweden has (ie, he was taking the same position as Bernie Sanders). The same with his call for progressive tax rates.

Trump's history shows he is not someone who can be trusted, he is in it for his own glorification and he'll even sell out his own name for fleeting attention (at that, selling out is the basis for the Trump brand). If the momentum suddenly changed and the money and media suddenly went another direction, his history shows he would jump right in front of that. Look at how he handles the Islamic terrorism issue. Just one year ago he was saying Pam Gellar was being too mean with her Draw Mohammed day, now, right after Paris, he switches and says we aren't being tough enough. He isn't stable on anything.

Thanks for this post, AbaraXas. I just don't understand why none if this matters to his supporters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline flowers

« Reply #128 on: November 28, 2015, 08:11:38 pm »
I think you missed my point entirely, and I'm NOT trying to convince you to support someone you don't want to.  I will try to simplify, I know I went all over there, the rational conservative you are looking for is badly defeated - if not in the election by some miracle, then by society and the war against him from the left once he takes office. We are in a civil war right now and the left will open up and utterly destroy a rational conservative.  Just like they destroyed Bush.  You may not like it but one way or another you NEED the bad boy at this point in time - not Obama, but someone as brazen and uncaring as Obama - or you will never get your country back.  You need someone as nasty about righting America as Obama is about destroying it.
Spot on!  One more thing Musiclady or any anti-Trump people, this may upset you but question....HOW IS TRUMP WORSE THAN HILLARY? I want the candidate than can beat her. How many state secrets has he sold? How many people have died under his watch? How has Isis advanced and financed and armed under Trump?

Offline flowers

« Reply #129 on: November 28, 2015, 08:17:34 pm »
I have yet to find anything of significance that Trump agrees with Hillary on...not taxes, not economic policy, not immigration, not foreign policy.  Is he pro-abortion...I guess he is though I haven't bothered to find out,  as this nation has much worse things staring it in the face.
He did say at that one debate he wanted the government to pay for everyones health care. That was disturbing to me. Government money is taxpayer money.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #130 on: November 28, 2015, 08:23:37 pm »
Again, I am not trying to convince anyone to support someone you don't want to, I am merely giving my opinion that America today is not what you think it is and things may not be as direct and clear as you perceive them to be from your experience. This country is not as it was 15 years ago and is entirely unrecognizable from 30 years ago. If I am correct, you may be faced with decisions you don't like or want to face for anything...if I am wrong (and I really don't think I am) then we can all laugh and be happy.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #131 on: November 28, 2015, 08:24:30 pm »
How many state secrets has he sold? How many people have died under his watch? How has Isis advanced and financed and armed under Trump?

How many State secrets has he had?

What watch?

Did he do ANYTHING with his billions to stop it?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #132 on: November 28, 2015, 08:26:33 pm »
He did say at that one debate he wanted the government to pay for everyones health care. That was disturbing to me. Government money is taxpayer money.

Yes, that's right and I don't agree with that either...but Churchill was also very strongly in favor of government run health care in Britain...and I dare say most of us would be happy to support him.

...Bob Dylan

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #133 on: November 28, 2015, 08:29:33 pm »
I think you missed my point entirely, and I'm NOT trying to convince you to support someone you don't want to.  I will try to simplify, I know I went all over there, the rational conservative you are looking for is badly defeated - if not in the election by some miracle, then by society and the war against him from the left once he takes office. We are in a civil war right now and the left will open up and utterly destroy a rational conservative.  Just like they destroyed Bush.  You may not like it but one way or another you NEED the bad boy at this point in time - not Obama, but someone as brazen and uncaring as Obama - or you will never get your country back.  You need someone as nasty about righting America as Obama is about destroying it.

This is the best dadgum post I've read here in weeks! 

I've been trying to say the same damned thing here for months, and it's like I'm talking to a wall.  But you phrased it perfectly.

Thank you, Scott.   :beer:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 08:31:45 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #134 on: November 28, 2015, 08:32:32 pm »
Spot on!  One more thing Musiclady or any anti-Trump people, this may upset you but question....HOW IS TRUMP WORSE THAN HILLARY? I want the candidate than can beat her. How many state secrets has he sold? How many people have died under his watch? How has Isis advanced and financed and armed under Trump?

I didn't say Trump was worse than Hillary, but is that our standard?

We still have honorable people in the fight.  Why go with the lowest of the low?

And there have been plenty of polls that say Trump does worse than our other choices against Hillary.

We don't have to go with a "street fighter" who is also a lousy person.

Offline flowers

« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2015, 08:37:13 pm »
How many State secrets has he had?

What watch?

Did he do ANYTHING with his billions to stop it?
What could he have done with his billions to stop it?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2015, 08:38:22 pm »

How about a 'bad boy' who isn't a liberal?

After Obama WHY do we 'need' another Democrat in the White House?

And why is eminent domain and bully politics which ignore the Constitution "righting America?'

Answer:  It's NOT.  It's making America WORSE.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2015, 08:39:43 pm »
This is the best dadgum post I've read here in weeks! 

I've been trying to say the same damned thing here for months, and it's like I'm talking to a wall.  But you phrased it perfectly.

Thank you, Scott.   :beer:

I'd agree with you, DC.................. but then we'd BOTH be wrong.  :beer:

Scott's answer is not the answer to America's problem.  It's more of the same......

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #138 on: November 28, 2015, 08:39:48 pm »

We still have honorable people in the fight.  Why go with the lowest of the low?

And there have been plenty of polls that say Trump does worse than our other choices against Hillary.

Come on, ML!   Snap the hell out of it!  Stop being so obtuse.

The ONLY GOP candidate that could beat Hillary Clinton and the media is Donald Trump.   And not so deep down inside, you know it.

Get with the program.   

And just as you are upset with members who won't soundly bash Trump, I am extremely upset too, with those of us here who won't take their noses off the bark.   You can't 'see' anything from there.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

« Reply #139 on: November 28, 2015, 08:42:28 pm »

My first choice was Jindal. My first choice now is Cruz. Yet as we get nearer and nearer to the primary many things can change. I will vote for who I think will beat hillary. I still think Trump is going to go 3rd party and help her.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #140 on: November 28, 2015, 08:42:35 pm »
We are in a civil war right now and the left will open up and utterly destroy a rational conservative.  Just like they destroyed Bush.  You may not like it but one way or another you NEED the bad boy at this point in time - not Obama, but someone as brazen and uncaring as Obama - or you will never get your country back.  You need someone as nasty about righting America as Obama is about destroying it.

Further, this election, IMO, is not about party affiliation or the "conservative" label.  This is a fight to make America great again, and you go to war with the army you've got.  As of this moment, Donald Trump is the candidate to lead this fight and pull "Reagan Democrats" and "Independents" to the voting polls--which will need to happen if BJ's bride is to be sent to the dustbin of political history.

Walker was a really nice guy and a conservative.  Neither seem to matter in this election cycle.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #141 on: November 28, 2015, 08:46:33 pm »

Further, this election, IMO, is not about party affiliation or the "conservative" label.  This is a fight to make America great again, and you go to war with the army you've got.  As of this moment, Donald Trump is the candidate to lead this fight and pull "Reagan Democrats" and "Independents" to the voting polls--which will need to happen if BJ's bride is to be sent to the dustbin of political history.

Walker was a really nice guy and a conservative.  Neither seem to matter in this election cycle.

Amen, RiV!! :beer:

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #142 on: November 28, 2015, 08:47:13 pm »
How about a 'bad boy' who isn't a liberal?

After Obama WHY do we 'need' another Democrat in the White House?

And why is eminent domain and bully politics which ignore the Constitution "righting America?'

Answer:  It's NOT.  It's making America WORSE.

Because liberal or conservative is not going to matter - it is who can take and fight off and defeat the onslaught from the far left that is coming...someone who will not be overwhelmed and destroyed by what is coming against them. You, we, are going to need someone who can stand against it and be even nastier than those who are coming to destroy this country.

...Bob Dylan

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #144 on: November 28, 2015, 08:53:26 pm »
What could he have done with his billions to stop it?

I dunno - bought a news channel or six, maybe?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 08:53:50 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

« Reply #145 on: November 28, 2015, 08:54:52 pm »

You and Scottflt are spot on.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #146 on: November 28, 2015, 08:56:14 pm »
Come on, ML!   Snap the hell out of it!  Stop being so obtuse.

The ONLY GOP candidate that could beat Hillary Clinton and the media is Donald Trump.   And not so deep down inside, you know it.

Get with the program.   

And just as you are upset with members who won't soundly bash Trump, I am extremely upset too, with those of us here who won't take their noses off the bark.   You can't 'see' anything from there.

Sorry, friend.  I will NEVER get with the Progressive Liberal program no matter how much people try to bully me into it.

It's not being "obtuse" to have principles that I won't waver from, no matter how much the 'cool kids' try to get me to lose them.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #147 on: November 28, 2015, 08:57:26 pm »
Because liberal or conservative is not going to matter - it is who can take and fight off and defeat the onslaught from the far left that is coming...someone who will not be overwhelmed and destroyed by what is coming against them. You, we, are going to need someone who can stand against it and be even nastier than those who are coming to destroy this country.

But a person who doesn't really believe in it, isn't going to 'stand against it.'

That's where the problem lies.  You are putting your 'hope' in a person who doesn't share your values.

Offline flowers

« Reply #148 on: November 28, 2015, 08:58:52 pm »
I dunno - bought a news channel or six, maybe?
Even if he had wanted to if he was going against hillary to you think the FCC would have let him buy one or two? As for her selling state secrets that has just been found out and I think Trump just got into the race by then.

Offline flowers

« Reply #149 on: November 28, 2015, 09:02:27 pm »
I want to add one thing here. This thread today has been a pleasure to follow and comment on. Everyone is giving level headed responses. Real nice.