Author Topic: Russia says second pilot of downed warplane rescued in Syria  (Read 546 times)

rangerrebew

Russia says second pilot of downed warplane rescued in Syria
« on: November 25, 2015, 11:25:00 am »
Russia says second pilot of downed warplane rescued in Syria
By AFP     1 hour ago in World

Russian and Syrian special forces have rescued the second pilot of a Russian warplane shot down by Turkey and he is now at a Russian air base in Syria, the defence minister said Wednesday.

"The operation ended successfully. The second pilot has been brought to our base. He is alive and well," Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu said.

"I would like to thank all our guys who worked at great risk all night and finished this job at around 3:40 am (0040 GMT)," Shoigu said in televised comments.

President Vladimir Putin later confirmed the second pilot was "saved" and "he and the other participants... including in the rescue operation will be awarded state honours."

The plane's other pilot who died as he was fired at from the ground will posthumously be given Russia's highest award for valour, the Hero of Russia medal, Putin said.

Shoigu also said that Russia is sending its most hi-tech air defence system to its air base in Syria to help bolster its firepower over the war-torn country after the downing of its jet.

"The S-400 anti-aircraft missile system will be deployed to the Hmeimim airbase," Shoigu was quoted as saying by Russian news agencies.

Putin on Wednesday backed a recommendation from the foreign ministry for Russians not to visit Turkey.

"After such tragic events like the destruction of our plane and the death of our pilot, this is a necessary measure," Putin said in televised comments.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/world/second-pilot-of-downed-russian-plane-rescued-defence-minister/article/450407#ixzz3sV9gxfP8

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Russia says second pilot of downed warplane rescued in Syria
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 01:22:44 pm »
Yes. I don't think this is over. There couldn't be a better real world example of the saying, Poking the bear.

Now they are all riled up, and they are getting ready to escalate their bombing. The downing of this plane took Russia out of a support role and pushed them into being an active participant.

Russia no longer feels that that they are simply helping Syria. Now they are mad. Now they are in it for their own interests and no longer trust that anyone in the region, including American forces, actually are interested in defeating ISIS.

The situation is much more dangerous now. Russia is now ready to shoot at anything that moves, no matter who they are.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 08:02:05 pm »
Just thinking about this frighten scenario last night. ISIS knows they could not defeat Russia or the United States with terrorist attacks alone, instead plan to draw both Russia and the United States and NATO into opposite sides of the Syrian war and a  shooting war between the two super powers - creating WWII and their caliphate.   If that is what is happening here, we truly should be frighten for the end of days is drawing close.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 08:05:03 pm »
So much for the grand alliance coming out of the Paris attacks. France gets to be left holding that bag.  And somehow I think this all pleases Obama no end.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 08:13:49 pm »
Just thinking about this frighten scenario last night. ISIS knows they could not defeat Russia or the United States with terrorist attacks alone, instead plan to draw both Russia and the United States and NATO into opposite sides of the Syrian war and a  shooting war between the two super powers - creating WWII and their caliphate.   If that is what is happening here, we truly should be frighten for the end of days is drawing close.
Aren't you confident our leader will step in and provide the voice of sanity?

(If I was our leader, I'd say NATO, Russia and the US hit the savages with everything and send them back to Mohamed's age--make Hiroshima/Nagasaki look like a test)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln