Author Topic: Jessica Jones - MARVEL Series on Netflix [warning adult content]  (Read 868 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 10:07:55 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Jessica Jones - MARVEL Series on Netflix [warning adult content]
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 10:52:15 pm »
I've seen about half of the season that is out and so far it is very good. Netflix and Amazon are giving the networks some major competition.
So far nothing even remotely 'x' rated about it. One could even argue it would be a soft R at best, at this point in the series it would be hard seeing it above a PG-13 (I assume it will get racier some episodes down).
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 11:13:57 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 11:08:46 pm »
The truth is Netflix has very, very little X rated content. Plenty of R rated movies.

I have been off cable TV for several years. My wife and daughter not so much, yet.

Roku, Netflix, Amazon, PBS and a few other sites, and you wind up asking why watch the mind-deadening idiot box for all your life, with commercials, commercials, commercials.

A high end OTA (over the air) old fashioned antenna for a few networks, and otherwise the world of streaming.

That s where I want to be. Wife and daughter willing.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 11:33:14 pm »
It's still uncomfortable to see lesbian, Sappho-ism injected into the story. 

Full wet kisses, oiled bodies...........

...where was I?

And the sex scenes with Jessica and Luke are hot, ladies and gentlemen.   

I'm just starting #6.  Love it.

And can't wait until the 2nd season of Daredevil.   That was the very first series I discovered.   Then Arrow, which was extremely well done.

Then Flash...which was a helluva lot of fun.   

Online DCPatriot

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 12:59:48 am »
Watched about 15 minutes and logged out.  Seemed like a fairly pathetic and predictable opening.

IMO, Netflix has a superior offering in a series entitled "River".  Extremely engaging and realistic dialogue throughout the six episodes.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 02:46:46 am »
Watched about 15 minutes and logged out.  Seemed like a fairly pathetic and predictable opening.

IMO, Netflix has a superior offering in a series entitled "River".  Extremely engaging and realistic dialogue throughout the six episodes.

You need to stick with it.

Watch episodes 4 & 5 and get back to me.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 07:08:05 pm »
So good.  It's nice when you have a good story to start with.  The Alias comics were awesome and Netflix did a great job adapting the source material.  Great acting, pacing, and dialogue.  I'm anxious to watch Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

next week the Arrow Flash crossover that sets up Legends of Tomorrow. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTdIbE86jbo

The new Captain America Civil War Trailer is out

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVdV-lxRPFo

And Glenn is alive on Walking Dead.

I'm totally geeked out