Author Topic: King of Sweden calls for a ban on BATHS and admits he is now ‘ashamed’ to run one after realising how much energy they use  (Read 511 times)

rangerrebew

King of Sweden calls for a ban on BATHS and admits he is now ‘ashamed’ to run one after realising how much energy they use

King of Sweden has called for a ban on baths to help save the environment
    He realised how much energy it used staying somewhere without a shower
    King Carl XVI Gustaf added apparently in jest: 'We should ban all baths'
    Swedish head of state said he also now drives an eco-friendly hybrid car

By Tom Payne For The Daily Mail

Published: 18:50 EST, 22 November 2015 | Updated: 18:58 EST, 22 November 2015

The King of Sweden has called for a ban on baths to help save the environment.

King Carl XVI Gustaf, who once had a reputation as a lothario and is now a staunch environmentalist, said he realised how much water and energy they used when he was recently staying somewhere without a shower.

The 69-year-old ‘green king’ told Swedish newspaper Svenska Dagbladet: ‘It hit me how much water and energy it used.

‘I thought “I can’t believe I’m having to do this”. I felt quite ashamed.’

Apparently in jest, he added: ‘We should ban all baths.’

The Swedish head of state said he now drives an eco-friendly hybrid car, turning around his lifelong reputation as a ‘petrolhead’.

‘When I drive into town, it’s on electricity,’ he said.

Much like the Prince Charles’s overhaul of Highgrove House with ‘eco toilets’, the Swedish king’s residence has been made greener with environmentally-friendly heating and low-energy lightbulbs.

‘We do what we can here at the palace. It’s an ongoing project trying to save energy, but it isn’t easy in an old property,’ he said.

King Carl Gustaf attended the first UN environmental conference in Stockholm and 1972 and is due to attend UN climate change talks in Paris in just over a week.

He said: ‘We have to think that we will do our best. And I think there is a general feeling that we’re going to achieve it.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3329759/King-Sweden-calls-ban-BATHS-admits-ashamed-run-one.html#ixzz3sJX6qWDq
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 11:43:19 am by rangerrebew »

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Yes, but can he still give Minnie the Moocher everything she's been needin'? Hi-de-hi-de-hi-de-hi...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

Sweden has become the rape capital of Europe, thanks to its Muslim immigrants, and this is what worries him?  :thud:

‘When I drive into town, it’s on electricity,’ he said.
Electricity generated by what? Coal? Nuclear energy?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline flowers

Sure he is going to stop using baths. The world elite will use everything they take away from us.  :chairbang:

Online mountaineer

Maybe he just wants to be French.   :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

Sweden has become the rape capital of Europe, thanks to its Muslim immigrants, and this is what worries him?  :thud:
Electricity generated by what? Coal? Nuclear energy?

How about the shattered lives of the victims of muzzie rape?