General Category > Politics/Government

Ted Cruz won’t rule out legalization for illegal immigrants

(1/4) > >>

mrclose:
I don't know what or who to trust anymore? :shrug:

--- Quote ---“If we put in place a strong E-Verify system and deport criminal illegal aliens, the number of people here illegally will drop significantly, particularly if there’s not a continual flow of people coming in illegally,” Cruz said.

“At that point, once we’ve demonstrated that we can solve the problem, then we can have a conversation about what to do about whatever people remain illegally,” Cruz added. When asked if that conversation included the potential for a pathway to legal status, he repeated, “We can have that conversation with the American people once we secure the border.”
--- End quote ---

http://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2015/11/21/ted-cruz-wont-rule-out-legalization-for-illegal-immigrants/

Link To The Time Article
 http://time.com/4123317/ted-cruz-immigration-reform-amnesty/

Scottftlc:
OK, here we are again with another reporter doing a gotcha hypothetical "won't rule out" question. This kind of question is meaningless garbage and frankly is another example of lazy hyperbolic journalism. Blame the reporter not Cruz, regardless of where you are on the issue - the question, and this reporter, are both s**t.

alicewonders:
I'm at the place where I don't believe any "quotes" from any candidates that I'm reading now.  The media is all in for Hillary - and these tricks are meant to help her win the election.  I'm going to have to see it on video before I'm going to take this stuff as gospel - even then it could be edited.

sinkspur:

--- Quote from: Scottftlc on November 21, 2015, 11:36:03 pm ---OK, here we are again with another reporter doing a gotcha hypothetical "won't rule out" question. This kind of question is meaningless garbage and frankly is another example of lazy hyperbolic journalism. Blame the reporter not Cruz, regardless of where you are on the issue - the question, and this reporter, are both s**t.

--- End quote ---

Like Trump Thursday, why couldn't Cruz have said "no"?  It's easy to do. Why didn't he do it.

I, for one, think we're going to have to legalize some of these people so that makes me more favorable toward Cruz.

Like Trump's supporters, Cruz's supporters just can't stand him going off the reservation. 

It's funny as hell.

Scottftlc:
I think Cruz' answer was perfectly reasonable and he was alert to hypothetical "rule out". Saying either "yes" or "no" to this question boxes you in on a hypothetical and is a breathless "breaking news" headline maker. That's why journalists that ask these are lazy, lousy reporters just looking for a gotcha and 5 minutes of TV time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version