Author Topic: Columbia Student Claims To Be Traumatized By Reading About White People  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Paladin

With this story have we perhaps reached the zenith on this sort of nonsense as it is beginning to look like a parody of itself?

"A student at Columbia University is urging the school to inject more diversity into its required courses, claiming she suffered severe emotional trauma from reading too many books by and about white people.

Columbia students and faculty gathered Wednesday night for a panel discussion on “Race, Ethnicity, and University Life.” According to the Columbia Daily Spectator, much of the commentary revolved around the idea that minorities on campus simply spend too much time being traumatized by the white-A student at Columbia University is urging the school to inject more diversity into its required courses, claiming she suffered severe emotional trauma from reading too many books by and about white people.

Columbia students and faculty gathered Wednesday night for a panel discussion on “Race, Ethnicity, and University Life.” According to the Columbia Daily Spectator, much of the commentary revolved around the idea that minorities on campus simply spend too much time being traumatized by the white-centric content of their classes.

One of the panelists at the event was black Columbia student Nissy Aya. Aya was supposed to graduate in 2014, but instead is only on track to receive her degree in 2016. That, Aya says, demonstrates “how hard it has been for me to get through this institution,” though it’s worth noting she is an exceptional case, as Columbia has one of the highest four-year graduation rates in the country.

Aya attributed some of her academic troubles to the trauma of having to take Columbia’s current Core Curriculum, which requires students to take a series of six classes with a focus on the culture and history of Western, European civilization. Aya says this focus on the West was highly mentally stressful for her.

“It’s traumatizing to sit in Core classes,” she said. “We are looking at history through the lens of these powerful, white men. I have no power or agency as a black woman, so where do I fit in?”

http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/20/columbia-student-claims-to-be-traumatized-by-reading-about-white-people/

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline aligncare

Re: Columbia Student Claims To Be Traumatized By Reading About White People
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 08:02:04 am »

Hey girl, try being a straight white male and sitting through HGTV or the network lineup.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 01:40:13 am »
"Aya attributed some of her academic troubles to the trauma of having to take Columbia’s current Core Curriculum, which requires students to take a series of six classes with a focus on the culture and history of Western, European civilization. Aya says this focus on the West was highly mentally stressful for her."

Nissy, please consider a transfer.

How about the University of Uganda?

Or perhaps Zimbabwe U. ?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 01:57:37 am »
Sometimes I feel like I'm living thru the 70's all over again. Now I think I know what it feels like to be one of the Silent generation watching stupid liberal Boomers.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 04:00:55 am »
It's beginning to look like sending your kids to obtain a higher level of education is becoming detrimental to their mental health.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline raml

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 07:41:46 am »
Well she should be aware that whites are traumatized by all the black criminals living among us. We all have our burdens to live with so shut the F up and be thankful your alive.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 09:06:52 am »
I'm traumatized by white people also.  I cannot believe that got duped into living in a corner they refuse to get out of.  White guilt rules.

rangerrebew

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 01:52:39 pm »
Columbia Student Claims To Be Traumatized By Reading About White People

Posted By Blake Neff On 9:49 AM 11/20/2015 In | No Comments

A student at Columbia University is urging the school to inject more diversity into its required courses, claiming she suffered severe emotional trauma from reading too many books by and about white people.

Columbia students and faculty gathered Wednesday night for a panel discussion on “Race, Ethnicity, and University Life.” According to the Columbia Daily Spectator, much of the commentary revolved around the idea that minorities on campus simply spend too much time being traumatized by the white-centric content of their classes.

One of the panelists at the event was black Columbia student Nissy Aya. Aya was supposed to graduate in 2014, but instead is only on track to receive her degree in 2016. That, Aya says, demonstrates “how hard it has been for me to get through this institution,” though it’s worth noting she is an exceptional case, as Columbia has one of the highest four-year graduation rates in the country.

Aya attributed some of her academic troubles to the trauma of having to take Columbia’s current Core Curriculum, which requires students to take a series of six classes with a focus on the culture and history of Western, European civilization. Aya says this focus on the West was highly mentally stressful for her.

“It’s traumatizing to sit in Core classes,” she said. “We are looking at history through the lens of these powerful, white men. I have no power or agency as a black woman, so where do I fit in?”

As an example, Aya cited her art class, where she complained that Congolese artwork was repeatedly characterized as “primitive.” She wanted to object to that characterization but, in the Spectator’s words, was “tired of already having worked that day to address so many other instances of racism and discrimination.”

Roosevelt Montás, Columbia’s associate dean for the Core Curriculum, didn’t exactly offer a spirited defense, instead saying Aya was showing the troubling racism that may lurk inside the Core.

“You cannot grow up in a society without assimilating racist views,” he said, according to the Spectator. “Part of what is exciting about this conversation is that it’s issuing accountability for us to look within ourselves and try to understand the way that racism shapes how we see the world and our institutions.”

This isn’t the first time students have complained about the mental anguish of studying the Western canon. Last spring, four students published an editorial for the Spectator complaining that a student was triggered by having to read Ovid, and proposed replacing his offensive works with those of Toni Morrison.

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/20/columbia-student-claims-to-be-traumatized-by-reading-about-white-people/

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2015, 08:49:21 pm »
Nissy!

You're just so precious. We'll just change Western history just for you. But I can see why you want the change. Concentrating on African studies should be thin enough to get you your [useless] degree by 2016. By the way, are you on a Sen. John Blutarsky scholarship?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2015, 09:23:14 pm »
The most obvious question to which there never is any real answer is, Why don't you leave!? Go away! Go somewhere else. Trust me, America will be just fine without you.

If America was one tenth as bad, and evil, and racist, and all the rest, to me, if America was one hundreth as bad for me and my family as the Blacks claim it is for them, I would be long gone, a long time ago.

It is irresponsible for Black people to remain in America and deliberately put themselves and their families at risk. Any Black person with any self respect at all, any Black person with even an ounce of freaking pride, would get the hell out while they can.

The stupid plantation Blacks that stay in America, and willingly and voluntarily subject themselves to these horrible conditions deserve what they get.

They are freed slaves. If they voluntarily want to stay, then how can that possibly be the fault of evil White people?

The door is open and the escape is ready, but the Black people will not take advantage of it. They prefer to cling to the evil Whites, and just will not let go.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.