Author Topic: No boys allowed: Bainbridge Island teacher imposes ban on popular activity  (Read 1705 times)

Offline Paladin

Yep, Bainbridge Island is a part of Seattle.

"A Bainbridge Island teacher is giving a lesson that has parents on edge. The lesson plan: Boys can't play with Legos.

The Bainbridge Island Review reports that Karen Keller, a kindergarten teacher at Blakely Elementary, is tackling the issue of gender equity by not allowing the boys in her class to play with Legos.

"I always tell the boys, ‘You're going to have a turn,'" Keller told the Review. "And I'm like, ‘Yeah, when hell freezes over' in my head."

"I tell them, ‘You'll have a turn' because I don't want them to feel bad," she said.

[snip]

Keller told the Review that her ban on Legos is a way to pursue gender equity. She noticed that boys in her class often gravitated toward the Legos. Girls, on the other hand, may not have felt as comfortable getting into them, and usually played with crayons or dolls. Keller hopes that by giving girls special access to the blocks, it will improve their spacial and math skills.

http://mynorthwest.com/76/2846093/No-boys-allowed-Bainbridge-Island-teacher-imposes-ban-on-popular-activity

In another report I read on this same story, in order to encourage the girls to play with Legos only pink and purple ones were to be used. That failed. The girls are just not interested and once again we have some air head Liberal trying to end discrimination by discriminating.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
The parents of the boys in her class should be in principal's office and at the school board...demanding her firing in both cases.  The teacher is a cretin.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 06:48:01 am by Scottftlc »
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Charlespg

The parents of the boys in her class should be in principal's office and at the school board...demanding her firing in both cases.  The teacher is a cretin.
and tell the Kids
this is why smart people don't put liberals and progressives into positions of authority
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Many people before me have correctly pointed out that the number one enemy of Liberalism is not racism, or sexism, or what they call homophobia, or anything else which they claim to want to 'fix'. The biggest enemy of Liberalism is reality itself. 

Reality is what they are fighting. Reality is what they hate. And reality is what they are trying to 'fix'. That is their mania. That is their insanity.

When I was in school, almost all the Black people would sit together, and the Whites would sit with each other in the lunch room. Segregation right?

This made the Liberal teachers freak out and they had to 'fix' it. They tried a hundred different ways to get the Blacks to sit with the Whites and they all failed. No matter what they tried to do, the Blacks would always wind up sitting together somehow, some way.

What liberals assumed was, of course, that It was yet another example of evil White racism. It was in reality just basic human nature. It was the Black people who were imposing the segregation, not the Whites. They simply felt more at ease sitting with other Blacks.

Liberals hate reality. They have a make believe fantasy land in their minds of the way things are suppose to be, the way things should be. And they are constantly frustrated not because of Republicans, or conservatives, as they claim, they are frustrated because reality keeps slapping their silly pie-in-the-sky nonsense, back down to Earth. And they can't stand it.

Just ask Al Gore for example.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Millee

Many people before me have correctly pointed out that the number one enemy of Liberalism is not racism, or sexism, or what they call homophobia, or anything else which they claim to want to 'fix'. The biggest enemy of Liberalism is reality itself. 

Reality is what they are fighting. Reality is what they hate. And reality is what they are trying to 'fix'. That is their mania. That is their insanity.

When I was in school, almost all the Black people would sit together, and the Whites would sit with each other in the lunch room. Segregation right?

This made the Liberal teachers freak out and they had to 'fix' it. They tried a hundred different ways to get the Blacks to sit with the Whites and they all failed. No matter what they tried to do, the Blacks would always wind up sitting together somehow, some way.

What liberals assumed was, of course, that It was yet another example of evil White racism. It was in reality just basic human nature. It was the Black people who were imposing the segregation, not the Whites. They simply felt more at ease sitting with other Blacks.

Liberals hate reality. They have a make believe fantasy land in their minds of the way things are suppose to be, the way things should be. And they are constantly frustrated not because of Republicans, or conservatives, as they claim, they are frustrated because reality keeps slapping their silly pie-in-the-sky nonsense, back down to Earth. And they can't stand it.

Great post.  :beer:

Offline Relic

Another man hating lesbian, no doubt.

The left has emasculated boys to the point where American males accept this garbage.

Offline NavyCanDo

Maybe I should send her the photo of the Hooters restaurant my son built out of Legos when he was 9 - and a damn good job he did, it included a Hooters sign he made from an add we got in the mail. That would get her goat.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline flowers

Very good post. you always seem to have them! 

Online mountaineer

Maybe I should send her the photo of the Hooters restaurant my son built out of Legos when he was 9 - and a damn good job he did, it included a Hooters sign he made from an add we got in the mail. That would get her goat.
A chip off the ol' block, eh?   :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Paladin

Maybe I should send her the photo of the Hooters restaurant my son built out of Legos when he was 9 - and a damn good job he did, it included a Hooters sign he made from an add we got in the mail.

So, and how exactly did NCD, Jr., handle the waitress situation? Got pics?
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline raml

It is so stupid to believe we can keep boys from being boys and girls from being girls. I raised 3 boys and 1 girl and loved the differences. My daughter still managed to get 4 varsity letters in track 8 letters in cheering and 4 letters in gymnastics in high school. She went to state in track with high jump and relay team every year. My sons all played 5 sports till high school then 3 once in high school. They all are proud of who they are and what gender they are. They treat their wives well and my daughter has a wonderful husband. My 3 sons went into the navy even though my oldest was offered scholarships in football and baseball to major universities instead he got his degree while in the navy for 10 years and another son also got his while he was in the navy 22 years all my sons had high grade point averages just didn't want to go to a university after high school instead did it their way. My daughter went to Michigan state like I did. I think they all gravitated to what their own gender promotes in their genes and trying to change then would have only made them confused adults.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 01:19:46 am by raml »