Author Topic: Ted Cruz: Radical Islamism ‘Will Not Be Appeased,’ Allies of Jihadists ‘Signing Your Own Death Warrant’  (Read 882 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Ted Cruz: Radical Islamism ‘Will Not Be Appeased,’ Allies of Jihadists ‘Signing Your Own Death Warrant’

by Spyridon Mitsotakis  14 Nov 20154

Republican Presidential candidate Senator Ted Cruz R-TX
has released a statement on the Paris terror attacks making clear that radical Islamism “will not be appeased by outreach or declarations of tolerance” and that the United States “must make it crystal clear that affiliation with ISIS and related terrorist groups brings with it the undying enmity of America—that it is, in effect, signing your own death warrant.”

The full statement is as follows:

America must stand with our allies against the scourge of radical Islamic terrorism. This is an evil that does not discriminate between French, German or American, Christian, Muslim or Jew, soldier, football player, or concert goer. Their only goal is to murder those who do not submit to their vicious, totalitarian ideology. Our deepest condolences go out to our French allies, and I know the government of the United States stands by to offer any assistance necessary.

We must now face the facts. Between the downing of the Russian jet over Egypt and this massive coordinated attack on Paris, we are seeing an unmistakable escalation of ISIS’ ambitions and the scale of their terrorist attacks outside Syria and Iraq. Even as chaos rages in Paris, we need to take immediate, commonsense steps to preserve our own safety. We need to consult closely with our NATO allies who may be targeted for additional attacks. We need to immediately declare a halt to any plans to bring refugees that may have been infiltrated by ISIS to the United States. We need to redouble our efforts to prevent ISIS agents from penetrating our nation by other means.

Such steps, however, are defensive reactions to an enemy that will continue to try to attack us until they succeed once again. We must immediately recognize that our enemy is not ‘violent extremism.’ It is the radical Islamism that has declared jihad against the west. It will not be appeased by outreach or declarations of tolerance. It will not be deterred by targeted airstrikes with zero tolerance for civilian casualties, when the terrorists have such utter disregard for innocent life. We must make it crystal clear that affiliation with ISIS and related terrorist groups brings with it the undying enmity of America—that it is, in effect, signing your own death warrant.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/11/14/ted-cruz-radical-islamism-will-not-appeased-allies-jihadists-signing-death-warrant/

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Go Ted!
You're a blood thirsty interventionist Bigun!   :laugh:  I agree.  ISIS needs killing and I like to hear Senator Cruz decisively declaring war on terrorism. :patriot:  Ted doesn't equivocate and parse.  He quickly evaluates the situation and then takes a stand.  Right or wrong that is leadership.

I'll be interested to hear how the front runners jump in or stall.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Excellent statement by Cruz.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline aligncare

Ted Cruz is a important voice in conservatism today. He has a strong message for America and would be great leader. That said, he is not our only candidate tough on ISIS. (I know I run the risk of derailing this fine thread by mentioning Trump, but that said...)

This statement, made before the Paris attack: DONALD TRUMP: 'I would bomb the s--- out of' ISIS, is part of Trump's broader strategy for defeating the terror group.

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump has elaborated on his strategy to defeat the terrorist group ISIS at a memorable rally in Iowa and during an interview Thursday on CNN.

During a speech at Decker Auditorium in Fort Dodge, Iowa, Trump said he would go after ISIS-controlled oil fields and "bomb the s--- out of 'em," to loud applause.

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-bomb-isis-2015-11
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 12:31:17 pm by aligncare »

Offline libertybele

Cruz is absolutely 100% correct.  Someone needs to make a bold and precise statement regarding ISIS.  He articulated a message very well.  I would love to see him make a radio campaign advertisement utilizing his message on this issue. His statement sends a clear message not only to the American people, but hopefully will get our Congressmen off their butts to do something.

My fear is we still have Obama at the helm. He has painted a huge bulls-eye on our country.  He plans to go before the Supreme Court over his e.o. on amnesty.  He still intends to bring in more refugees.  I have no doubt he will try to disarm the populace through e.o.  So, I would hope that each of us will start placing calls (every day usually has a tremendous impact) to our Senators and Congressmen and demand two things: 1)  Our Borders Closed  2)  No more refugees.

Imagine...if Ted Cruz were president he would have already taken swift and decisive action.

Ted Cruz 2016.  Reigniting the Promise of America!!

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
This statement, made before the Paris attack: DONALD TRUMP: 'I would bomb the s--- out of' ISIS, is part of Trump's broader strategy for defeating the terror group.

OK! What's the rest of the plan?  If it doesn't involve lots of boots on the ground and the resolve to cut off the head of the problem it's just more empty rhetoric!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

OK! What's the rest of the plan?  If it doesn't involve lots of boots on the ground and the resolve to cut off the head of the problem it's just more empty rhetoric!

He'd be working as partners with both Netanyahu and Putin, as well as el-Sisi in Egypt.

The ONLY reason ISIL has been able to march forward and create these horrors and mayhem is with the help of Barack Obama.

And the only person who would entice it to continue would be Hillary Clinton.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
He'd be working as partners with both Netanyahu and Putin, as well as el-Sisi in Egypt.

The ONLY reason ISIL has been able to march forward and create these horrors and mayhem is with the help of Barack Obama.

Working with them how? The PROBLEM is the Mullahs in Iran! Until they have been properly dealt with it's never going to stop!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

Working with them how? The PROBLEM is the Mullahs in Iran! Until they have been properly dealt with it's never going to stop!

Iran let the hostages go while Reagan was taking his Oath of Office. 

They want the bomb.  They'll abandon ISIS at the first opportunity...for an unleashed Israel would demand their attention.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Iran let the hostages go while Reagan was taking his Oath of Office. 

They want the bomb.  They'll abandon ISIS at the first opportunity...for an unleashed Israel would demand their attention.

fixed your photo
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 03:11:42 pm by mystery-ak »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Ted Cruz unveiled a hard-line immigration plan on Friday that includes a border wall as he also ramped up attacks on rival Marco Rubio, saying the Florida senator stood "shoulder to shoulder" with lawmakers in support of a "massive amnesty plan" for illegal immigrants.

"Immigration is an issue that divides this country, it is an issue that divides the Republican Party," Cruz, a Texas senator, said during a rally with supporters in Orlando.

The Cruz plan includes everything from building a complete southern border wall to ending birthright citizenship to halting legal immigration when unemployment gets “unacceptably high.”

"I will complete the wall," Cruz vows in the plan, endorsing an objective that Donald Trump has been touting for months.

Shortly before releasing the document, Cruz zeroed in on Republican presidential rival Rubio, who is third in most national polls and narrowly ahead of Cruz.

"Listen, I like Marco a lot, he is charming and he's very well-liked in Washington," Cruz told Fox News right before hitting the stage. "But at the end of the day, where you stand on the issues speaks volumes."

More at link!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/14/cruz-unveils-immigration-plan-that-ends-birthright-citizenship-halts/

I'm voting for Ted Cruz!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Unless we have a president that is committed to securing the border, tackling the problem of illegal immigration, and halting refugees into this country we will continue to have a massive problem.  We also need a president that will stand with our ally; Israel and commit to stopping ISIS.  Imagine a president that will secure our borders, stand with Israel, stand up for our country, abolish Obama's executive actions and stand up to the Washington cartel.  Imagine a president that will actually work for "We the People".

Ted Cruz 2016.  Reigniting the Promise of America!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.