Author Topic: Marine photo shuts up college kids crying for free tuition. 'I wanted money for school, so I marched too'  (Read 443 times)

rangerrebew

Marine photo shuts up college kids crying for free tuition
'I wanted money for school, so I marched too'
Published: 7 hours ago

A Marine with a feisty spirit was able to send a scathing message to the Million Student March for free college tuition taking shape across the nation with a simple photo that expressed way, way more than 1,000 words.

Beneath a selfie of himself in full Marine camouflage gear, James Erickson wrote on his Twitter handle of @SayHiJames: “I wanted money for school, so I marched too … #millionstudentmarch. This one was about 25 miles … #USMC.”

The 25 miles was a reference to the length of road march he was required to make as a Marine.

Get the hottest, most important news stories on the Internet – delivered FREE to your inbox as soon as they break! Take just 30 seconds and sign up for WND’s Email News Alerts!

His comments come on the heels of a Facebook message call for a Million Student March that pulled in 115 colleges across the nation and an unknown number of students demanding free college, tuition-debt forgiveness and higher minimum wages for campus employees, as reported by WND.

Social media was quick to notice Erickson’s subtle suggestions to these college kids: join the military. Pay for school yourself. Get a job.

One wrote of Erickson’s post: “Boom! Well played.”

Another, the Independent Journal found: “That ends the controversy.”

Read the WND book that inspired the film, “Ride the Thunder: A Vietnam War Story of Honor and Triumph” – autographed at the WND Superstore!

A third: “@SayHiJames … Ditto. My education was earned through military service. I must have rucked hundreds of miles in my career.”

Another: “Yeah … I paid for my college tuition with 4 years in Naval service.”

And yet one more: “@SayHiJames how a Marine wins the internet.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/11/marine-photo-shuts-up-college-kids-crying-for-free-tuition/#TKLLGJVGrBZhEYzZ.99

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I'm not sure the whole idea of skyrocketing cost of college is something that should be fixed with the attitude that one should sell their freedom to afford it. Especially if, after your enlistment's up, you're in the exact same place you were before you joined, and I saw that a LOT with those of my friends who served.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander