Author Topic: Donald Trump: Marco Rubio "wants amnesty" because he is Hispanic  (Read 5047 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Donald Trump: Marco Rubio "wants amnesty" because he is Hispanic
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2015, 07:04:05 pm »
Plans like Rubio's strike me as "pay us money (fines) and you can move to the front of the line".   

The law says lawbreakers get deported.  If they want to come back, they will stand in line like everyone else.  I don't give a **** about this hysterical rhetoric about splitting families up, making them go back to a hell hole, etc.  Take your anchor babies back with you, when they grow up they can come back as an American citizen or leave them with a trusted citizen. 

And along the way, when it is found that somebody employed these illegals - I don't know what the penalty is for that - but the employers need to have justice of the law applied to them too.  That will hasten the process as employers will stop hiring them.  Take away the freebies and that helps the process even more. 

I'm tired of the argument that we need these illegals to help our economy and that they do the jobs "Americans won't do".  If you are able-bodied and you are drawing a welfare check, Medicaid and all the other freebies - IF you are being paid to sit on a couch all day - then you can pick lettuce or whatever needs to be done to earn your benefits.  That alone will move a lot of these parasites off the freebie rolls. 

If it comes down to it - what's wrong with making these able-bodied "guests" of the federal incarceration system pick some crops?  Would that be cruel?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2015, 07:16:43 pm »
Plans like Rubio's strike me as "pay us money (fines) and you can move to the front of the line".   

The law says lawbreakers get deported.  If they want to come back, they will stand in line like everyone else.  I don't give a **** about this hysterical rhetoric about splitting families up, making them go back to a hell hole, etc.  Take your anchor babies back with you, when they grow up they can come back as an American citizen or leave them with a trusted citizen. 

And along the way, when it is found that somebody employed these illegals - I don't know what the penalty is for that - but the employers need to have justice of the law applied to them too.  That will hasten the process as employers will stop hiring them.  Take away the freebies and that helps the process even more. 

I'm tired of the argument that we need these illegals to help our economy and that they do the jobs "Americans won't do".  If you are able-bodied and you are drawing a welfare check, Medicaid and all the other freebies - IF you are being paid to sit on a couch all day - then you can pick lettuce or whatever needs to be done to earn your benefits.  That alone will move a lot of these parasites off the freebie rolls. 

If it comes down to it - what's wrong with making these able-bodied "guests" of the federal incarceration system pick some crops?  Would that be cruel?

:thumbsup:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2015, 07:58:53 pm »
Second thumbs up! (Wish my smiley page were working)

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2015, 08:37:54 pm »

Not at all. I still think those incarcerated should be immediately deported with NO chance ever at legal immigration. In addition our existing immigration laws need to be enforced.  I agree; if all the "freebies" were to cease for "illegals" you would see many self deport.  No more free medical, food, housing, education, etc.  Illegals should not be allowed to work in this country and should not be allowed to set up bank accounts, obtain driver's licenses, be given loans and certainly should NOT be allowed to vote.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2015, 11:56:16 pm »
Ask Paris right now how their immigration policy has worked out for them ... their Muslim population continues to rise ...I wonder if they will continue to take in more refugees?  Paris right now is closing their borders.  Gee, our borders are wide open with no way to secure them. With Rubio we will see no improvement in our immigration system nor do I have any faith that he will build a wall.

We need to build a wall and deport them all!

« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 12:02:40 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline raml

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2015, 12:12:22 am »
You Trump haters are wrong his stand on illegals is a big reason people like him and don't believe for a minute that a majority of people are for amnesty is is so not true.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2015, 12:44:44 am »
You Trump haters are wrong his stand on illegals is a big reason people like him and don't believe for a minute that a majority of people are for amnesty is is so not true.

I agree with you 100%.  Trump isn't my first choice for various reasons, but his stance on illegal immigration is what gave him the boost in the polls. Much to the establishment's surprise he has stayed there.  IF people were so pro amnesty his poll numbers wouldn't be so high.

Right now, the issue of illegal immigration is coming to a battle between Rubio and Cruz.  Rubio cannot hide from the fact that he is a member of the Gang of 8, nor can he hide from the fact that he has flip-flopped on immigration several times...including he declared himself anti-amnesty in order to get elected to the Senate.

IF the Supreme court hears Obama's case on his e.o. on illegal immigration and rules in his favor, than this election takes on a whole new playing field.  God help us.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2015, 02:04:14 am »
Once-Ler, Re your pic above, got no problems with that.

Sorry if that offends you.

I don't care.

Oceander

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2015, 02:08:02 am »
In your opinion who is running that is not a disaster?

Rubio, Fiorina, Cruz, are all non-disasters.  Certainly they are light-years away from the epic disaster that is Donald Trump.

Oceander

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2015, 02:09:40 am »

You mean the same psychopath who just put out a hit-ad on Carson trying to misuse a tragic event from Carson's youth to attack him?  A psychopath who spends all his time attacking republicans (I won't say "other republicans" because Trump ain't a republican) and none of his time attacking Hillary or Sanders?

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2015, 02:18:35 am »
Responding to:
Donald Trump said on Thursday that Marco Rubio favors "amnesty" for undocumented immigrants because the Florida senator and his parents are Hispanic...

Right_in_Virginia wrote above
"What's wrong with saying this?  It's not unusual for someone to want exceptions for his or her ancestral people.  Another example of people sharing this sentiment are Jeb and Columba Bush."

Complete agreement.

But... are Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz "Hispanics", being of Cuban heritage (well, Cruz is "half-Cuban")?

I don't really consider Cubans to be "Hispanic" at least in the sense that that term has come to be associated with: a genetic "blending" of Spanish/Portuguese European ancestry with native Central/South American Indians. I sense many (most?) Cubans can trace their bloodlines directly back towards Europe (with no Central/South American cross-breeding). Some might even be offended to be lumped into the same category as the mestizos.

Yet even though Rubio may not -be- "Hispanic", he is almost certainly trying to portray himself as one.

I ain't votin' for him anyway -- come he@@ or high water.

Oceander

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2015, 02:25:49 am »

Did you license your avatar image from the person who owns the copyright?  The picture you are using, I believe, is the creation and property of a gentleman by the name of Michael Broad, who used it in a book he published.  If you didn't license the image from him, then you are a thief and you are violating federal criminal copyright law.

Are you going to turn yourself in?

I didn't think so.  Apparently enforcing the law is only for those whom one dislikes; it doesn't apply to one's self.

At least I made my own avatar image so I know that I have all the rights needed to use it.

Oceander

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2015, 02:26:29 am »
Responding to:
Donald Trump said on Thursday that Marco Rubio favors "amnesty" for undocumented immigrants because the Florida senator and his parents are Hispanic...

"What's wrong with saying this?  It's not unusual for someone to want exceptions for his or her ancestral people.  Another example of people sharing this sentiment are Jeb and Columba Bush."

Complete agreement.

But... are Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz "Hispanics", being of Cuban heritage (well, Cruz is "half-Cuban")?

I don't really consider Cubans to be "Hispanic" at least in the sense that that term has come to be associated with: a genetic "blending" of Spanish/Portuguese European ancestry with native Central/South American Indians. I sense many (most?) Cubans can trace their bloodlines directly back towards Europe (with no Central/South American cross-breeding). Some might even be offended to be lumped into the same category as the mestizos.

Yet even though Rubio may not -be- "Hispanic", he is almost certainly trying to portray himself as one.

So if he's the nominee you'll be supporting Clinton or Sanders.  Bravo.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2015, 02:28:42 am »
You mean the same psychopath who just put out a hit-ad on Carson trying to misuse a tragic event from Carson's youth to attack him?  A psychopath who spends all his time attacking republicans (I won't say "other republicans" because Trump ain't a republican) and none of his time attacking Hillary or Sanders?

Trump has spent at least 95% attacking Republicans and 5% attacking Hillary..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2015, 02:32:38 am »
Responding to:

Complete agreement.

Well if Trump is the nominee, I won't vote for him.  I don't vote for Democrats like Trump..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2015, 03:06:40 am »

Did you license your avatar image from the person who owns the copyright?  The picture you are using, I believe, is the creation and property of a gentleman by the name of Michael Broad, who used it in a book he published.  If you didn't license the image from him, then you are a thief and you are violating federal criminal copyright law.

I didn't think so.  Apparently enforcing the law is only for those whom one dislikes; it doesn't apply to one's self.

At least I made my own avatar image so I know that I have all the rights needed to use it.

No, I'm not going to turn myself in - are YOU going to turn me in?  Go ahead.  You going to turn everyone else in here that uses something they got off the internet? 

Go ahead and call me xenophobic, nativist, racist - whatever you want to call me Oceander - tell me I'm a bigot because I don't want people to invade my country that have not been documented - people that are taking jobs Americans could take.  Try to take my using a cat picture as an equivalence for that, if it makes you feel better  - have at it!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2015, 03:09:00 am »

Have you never heard of the fair use doctrine?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2015, 03:09:08 am »
No, I'm not going to turn myself in - are YOU going to turn me in?  Go ahead.  You going to turn everyone else in here that uses something they got off the internet? 

Go ahead and call me xenophobic, nativist, racist - whatever you want to call me Oceander - tell me I'm a bigot because I don't want people to invade my country that have not been documented - people that are taking jobs Americans could take.  Try to take my using a cat picture as an equivalence for that, if it makes you feel better  - have at it!

I'm not going to turn you in because I don't believe that you're violating the spirit of the law and I don't think that the owner of the copyright has suffered anything by your use.  But then, I'm also willing to give the same consideration to hardworking individuals who are here illegally as well.  You're not.  You talk the talk, so you'd damn well better walk the walk, or you're just a hypocrite.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2015, 03:09:46 am »

Well if Trump is the nominee, I won't vote for him.  I don't vote for Democrats like Trump..

Me either.  I cannot in conscience vote for a blowhard brute like Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2015, 03:09:58 am »
Have you never heard of the fair use doctrine?

Have you ever heard the phrase "read the statute, read the statute, read the statute"?  That was one of my crim law professor's favorite phrases, right up there with the "fruit of the poisonous tree".

Oceander

« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2015, 03:12:17 am »

I will vote for him if my fellow republicans turn out to in fact be stupid enough to nominate him.  I have faulted others for not voting for Romney, et al, because he didn't meet their personal litmus tests, and so I will apply my own rule to myself and I hereby commit myself to voting for Trump if he is the GOP nominee.

I know that he will lose, and lose badly, but I will vote for the republican nominee because she or he is the republican nominee and I understand all too well that sitting out on the sidelines is tantamount to a vote for the other side and I simply could not live with knowing that I helped to get Clinton or Sanders elected.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2015, 03:14:50 am »

Equating a cat picture with illegal immigration...         :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2015, 03:32:35 am »
Oceander wrote above:
"So if he's the nominee you'll be supporting Clinton or Sanders.  Bravo"

That's a lie.
And you know it.

I'm not interested in voting for either democrats...
... or for "democrats in disguise".

Offline aligncare

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2015, 03:46:25 am »
So if he's the nominee you'll be supporting Clinton or Sanders.  Bravo.

I don't see you riding kevindavis or sinkspur about their intention not to vote for the nominee if it's Donald Trump. What, only fishrrman should have a guilty conscience?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2015, 03:59:20 am »
I don't see you riding kevindavis or sinkspur about their intention not to vote for the nominee if it's Donald Trump. What, only fishrrman should have a guilty conscience?

You're right. I will not vote for Trump or Carson if they are the nominees.  I won't vote for Hillary but I won't vote for either of them.  Texas will go Republican anyway, so my vote is not needed. I'll vote GOP for the remainder of the ballot.

I cannot vote for an unqualified candidate.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.